• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guns I Wish I Had Kept....

There are a few I regret selling:

1. High Standard Supermatic Citation .22 Target - Bought it new in 1975

2. P38 9MM from a friend's grandfather - WW2 take home piece

3. NOS Smith and Wesson in .38 S&W - Mint in the box, made in the 1950's

4. Colt Huntsman .22 - My girlfriend bought it for me in the 1970's

How about you?????

Not a single one, including a pre '98 Colt HBar that I sold for a nice profit plus it had sucky accuracy.

Daewoo K2 folder in 5.56. Loved that little preban...

wm_2156514.jpg

When I sold it, I never thought we would be anywhere near where we are today in regards to crippling Our Gun Rights.

A lesson I will never forget and buy accordingly...

Pretty much everything I've ever sold but the top few are:

Benelli M2 Tactical, I sold it on consignment with a Mesa Tactical stock at four seasons for a steal.

Ruger 10/22 international with a perfect full length mannlicher stock. Sold that here.

Cx4 in .45 caliber.

My perfect unfired new production WASR10. Sold that here too dammit.

My Beretta 92A1. Sold it here. Loved that thing.

All of them, what i regret is not making it a priority when looking for my house 17 years ago to make sure i had a walk in vault. Now 3 kids later i have lost all usable space

-Colt 6520 Preban
-M1 Garand National Match trigger (mostly SA - although this went to a NESr who enjoys it so don't mind this so much, because I'm sure he takes great care of it)
-Norinco AK47S (although it went to a VERY good home with someone here so I don't feel too bad about this one)
-Arsenal SAM-7S
-Smith 640
-HK P7M8
-SW 686-5

I would add the CZ Shadow Custom Target to that, but the guy I sold it to sold it back to me just last year... So that was meant to be...

Otherwise out of the rest of them? (and there were a lot) Meh....

i've learned from you guys, and have decided to never sell anything.

Depends on how you buy guns. If you buy smartly and put a lot of thought into it, selling something is generally stupid. If it's collecting dust in your safe and not getting used, or not gaining value, or not an heirloom... its just capital tied up you could have used to buy something you will use or enjoy.

Then again I am biased/jaundiced because I don't really have a collector mentality. It is rare that I buy a gun "because I like having it around".
Daewoo K2 folder in 5.56. Loved that little preban...

wm_2156514.jpg

When I sold it, I never thought we would be anywhere near where we are today in regards to crippling Our Gun Rights.

A lesson I will never forget and buy accordingly...

Lol I feel your pain, that's the type of thing that you probably didn't shoot a lot, but when you did, you liked it....

-Mike

You can't have everything and I am at the age that less is more. I paired back to put money towards the guns I shoot the most. But a million years ago I sold a Savage 16gauge side by side. It was my first gun. It was awesome. Now you made me cry.

Last edited:
IMI Galil ARM in 5.56mm
Valmet M76
Israeli FN FAL
FN49
Gewehr 43
MAK90
New in wrap Lee Enfield NO.4 MKII
Russian SKS
Israeli Mauser in 7.62 Nato.
A Full house custom Wayne Novak Browning Hi-Power
S&W 500 ES with a 2 3/4" barrel

Yikes, never again..

My first gun - a Browning BL-22 that my mom bought for me as a teenager before I was old enough to drive.
I traded it in with some cash for a Remington Model 700 in .30-06 for deer hunting.
That rifle was just passed down to my son who'll hunt with it this year.

I’ve only ever sold 1 gun and I bought it cheap to resell. It was a Polytec M1A clone it was at an auction and went too cheap so I figured I should buy it. I sold it for double what I paid and it was still less than it was worth. I just wanted a quick sale.

Smith 41
Ruger mark 2- that shot just as well as the 41
Ruger mini 14 stainless pre fed asb.

Then I stopped selling any thing else.
Got some stuff that stays in the safe , but that’s where they’re staying.

Actually I’m very happy w what I have sold. Sold a carry gun to a friend who now carries daily and two AR15s this year to friends who didn’t own them before. I sold the ARs for exactly what I paid for them. No regerts.

Last edited:
I regret selling a norinco sks. I used th money to buy Some other gun stuff I really wanted and use a lot but I wish I had just bit the bullet and kept it.

I had a Walther P22 I was happy to be rid of, and an SR45.

My Jennings 25 cal & ATM back up no just messing with you they sucked can't believe I bought them.

A brand new in the box UZI
Browning high power MK iii
Colt 357 revolver
Bond arms daringer

I have a few I wish I didn't sell...all actually sold to members here...

1. My first AR I built off of a lower from the Delaware Machinery group buy. 20" Compass Lake Engineering HBAR.
  2. H&R 20 gauge slug gun
  3. Stoeger 12 gauge O/U
  4. S&W CS9
  5. S&W 5946
Oh, and does a PILE of Vietnam Era 20 rounders count???

Back
Top Bottom