Gun shop rumor?

Ok, I heard this at a gunshop today, and I can't find anything online to support it. I'm assuming its wrong. Customer asked the guy behind the counter about pre-ban hi-cap mags, and was told that you can't put pre-ban mags in a post-ban AR ("Thats a felony"). He said this was clairified in "A letter".

I'm assuming this guy just got confused about that letter sent out a few months ago (you know, the one that was full of wrong info).

Am I looking in the wrong place, or am I looking for a law/rule that doesnt exist?

He's full of shit. There is no law regulating what you can and cannot do with preban large capacity feeding devices.

-Mike

Don't believe everything you hear in a gun store. But, here on NES you can take anything LenS says and what Doctor Grant says to the bank.

Don't believe everything you hear in a gun store.

Lol thats why I asked. I actually get along well with the guys there, but didn't want to be that guy who chimed in on an overheard conversation. I'll give them a call tomarrow and talk to them about it. Its there shop, and I can't blame them for being paranoid, but that said, they should kinda make sure there info is correct before giving it out to people.

Lol thats why I asked. I actually get along well with the guys there, but didn't want to be that guy who chimed in on an overheard conversation. I'll give them a call tomarrow and talk to them about it. Its there shop, and I can't blame them for being paranoid, but that said, they should kinda make sure there info is correct before giving it out to people.

You are wasting your time and you may find that the turn on you like a mad dog.

Best to leave it alone and just act on what YOU KNOW is legal.

I put together a MA Gun Laws seminar just because of stuff like that and the EOPS INTENTIONALLY INCORRECT LETTER . . . to educate those willing to listen and learn and counteract the ignorant that are out there spewing crap like this.

Cops, gun store owners, and people who hang around gun shops are IMHO the worst sources for information on gun law, rules, and regulations.

There are exceptions to that, although few and far between. We have better resources on this forum than almost anywhere else WRT opinions and interpretations, just short of being legal advice.

Well, last time I was @ the gun store, I heard Elvis still alive. He is collecting food stamp and living on Medicare. Then, another guy talk about our gov new agency MIB. Their agent dress up like a secret agent, but their missions to save the earth from alien invasion. They also got funky nerf lookalike weapon. [laugh]

Sent from my broken iPhone.

Thanks for the advise LenS. Going to let sleeping dogs lie. For the record it was not "that" store by Bass-Pro, wrong side of the state, I'm out in Western Ma.

Sorry guys, don't want to out the shop for something so minor, hope you can understand, but they have treated me good and I dont plan on letting something like this ruin that.

I've heard the same exact thing from a gun shop. As a possible excuse, the guy that said it is a NH resident.

Dex, please name the shop. It's the only way they'll learn.

And in a related story, I was told at a gun shop that the Remington 700 they were trying to sell me was perfect for hunting unicorns. mmm...unicorns. [smile]

Cops, gun store owners, and people who hang around gun shops are IMHO the worst sources for information on gun law, rules, and regulations.

There are exceptions to that, although few and far between. We have better resources on this forum than almost anywhere else WRT opinions and interpretations, just short of being legal advice.

This

I was in buying ammo recently and the worker at the shop was sending a customer who had just bought and AR out the door with a trigger lock on it in a soft case. The customer asks if this is OK to transport like this in his pick up truck and the shop guy tells him yes. I chime in and tell him it isn't. The shop guy gets pissed because I contradicted him and tells the guy to listen to him since he knows what he's doing. I didn't waste my time arguing the point.

... a customer who had just bought and AR out the door with a trigger lock on it in a soft case. The customer asks if this is OK to transport like this in his pick up truck and the shop guy tells him yes. I chime in and tell him it isn't. ...

It's not?

I thought as long as it has either a case or a trigger lock it was OK. Who cares at this point, it isn't illegal to be illegal. Wahoo, it's a free-for-all!

People are idiots....I have been told many things at CT Gun Stores--- AK-74's are Illegal, You have to conceal your handgun in public, you have to keep your handgun on you when in your car, cannot have standard capacity magazines, cannot drink alcohol while carrying, cannot carry onto a college campus, must lockguns up when not home even when no kids are present...have to retreat from your home if someone breaks in....ALL are lies...they cannot show a law..they just got "told it by someone who knows".....i don't even argue

Dex, please name the shop. It's the only way they'll learn.

It might be more efficient to list the shops that giver out accurate information, as that list will be much shorter.

Back
Top Bottom