• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Range Commercial on TV

I'm watching Comedy Central, & a commercial for Boston Gun Range came on. Now, this would normally be not a big deal, but we are in Commi-chusetts, so I was pleasantly surprised. They were promoting their licensing classes & firearms rentals. Anyone ever hear of them?

Here's another surprise. A few weeks ago I received a Continuing Education catalog from Salem State College and believe it or not, they have a basic firearms safety course listed.

K-DUB said:
Anyone ever hear of them?
Route 20 in Worcester. They are one of the few public ranges in MA, prices are the through the roof but otherwise not a bad place for some indoor shooting.

K-DUB,

If you do a SEARCH in our Gun Shop or Gun Clubs forum, you should find a fair amount of info on that gun shop/range.

Personally I've never been there.

Thanks for the input. My curiosity was aroused by the commercial, that's all. I'm not in the Worcester area too often, but I'll check them out next time I'm there.

K-Dub, I stopped there last week on my way home (I was at a job just up the road). As mentioned, their range time is pretty pricey. They don't have many pistols for sale (like TWO!) but they do have a rack of long arms. Didn't really look that close at them, though. They are also the only store I've seen here in the PRM who have full size silhouette targets... including our favorite, Osama. (reminder to self - need to pick up some next time I'm there!)

Bill, the manager, is a pretty nice guy to chat with.

Here is their website.

Ross

BGR has run cable-TV ads for awhile; but none on network TV. After speaking with one of the staff on the phone, I found them to be pretty down-to-earth. I understand they are pricey, but I've also been told that if you want to check out a particular firearm before buying that model, they are one place to go to rent one to try it out.

I'm sure they're pricey due to a lack of competition, the high cost of doing business in the PRM, and a significantly reduced population of shooting customers as a result of the 1998 royal decrees, which lowered us all further into the barrel of communism. And though there are a few clubs around here, they're not open to the public and they don't rent out firearms.

KingCobra58 said:
Here's another surprise. A few weeks ago I received a Continuing Education catalog from Salem State College and believe it or not, they have a basic firearms safety course listed.

Greg Danas (AG Guns in Lowell) has been running basic firearms courses through Continuing Education at bothe Salem State and North Shore Community College for about 10 years now. I was also working with North Shore a few years back to develop on on-line safety course.

A lot of colleges are more open to firearms than most people believe. When I was working at Salem State, they didn't allow their campus police to carry, but did allow faculty and other employees with permits to carry to and from work, leaving their guns in a locker in public safety during the day.

Ken

KingCobra58 said:

Northern Essex Com. college in Haverhill will sometimes offer a safety course as well. It's not every semester, but it's kind of nice to see. I'm not sure how they handle the no firearms on school property tho.

Back
Top Bottom