• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gun Price Trends

They used to. However I read that the law was changed to give them protection for only x years after serving. I think "x" = 10 years, but am not certain of that number.

Clinton was the last one to receive SS protection for life.

What bothers me in this situation? Right now we the gun people - both owners and dealers - should unite and support each other as never before. Instead, the prices are skyrocketing because some people want to make a quick money.
I understand that this is a normal part of a free-market economy and capitalism. However, our circomstances are not ordinary now. We all can be screwed. IMO, it is extremely important to think of gun rights as a whole first.

I can't blame a dealer for taking a markup on product when there is little supply and great demand. Should they sell to you for retail so you can pass it on at a profit in a private sale?

All of us saw this coming down the track and should have been putting a little away here and there for months. As a matter of fact, I went into panic mode when Deval Patrick got elected here in Massachusetts, and haven't stopped buying since.

We are the ones who are aware of the gun issues. Wait until the great unwashed decide they want guns too. You think prices are steep now... just wait.

I wanted to get "just one more" hi-cap pistol. Something that was in stock at ZHA. I felt my 5 shot J frames might not provide enough shots should I need it. I thought about it awhile and decided, heck, I'll just carry two of them, and use the thousand bucks I was going to spend on a HK Compact on ammunition instead. It feels good to have those unopened cases under lock and key.

There's not much left to buy, prices are skyrocketing and will go higher for awhile. IF you want something you're going to have to pay top dollar for it, because no one wants to be without, or give away what they have. Sorry if that sounds selfish. I have a family to take care of and I take it serious.

Last edited:
I don't know if the AWB will go through. Actually, I am more worried about confiscation of guns in general, confiscation of gold, and restrictions on the 1st amendment. I'm concerned about the militarization of the police and the rumors of FEMA camps.

Do you remember how quickly the Soviet Union fell...I mean looking back you can see the chain of events, but the actual fall happened pretty quickly. Look at Iceland, I was there in June and it would never have occurred to me that there would be riots, demonstrations, and a call for the government to resign.

The government has pledged 7.8 TRILLION dollars that don't exist that we can never hope to pay back to thwart the implosion of the financial system. It is not business as usual right now. In the bank boardrooms and in Washington DC there are people who are in over their heads and sweating. There are fortunes that are threatened. There are people who have lost 500K in retirement accounts and that doesn't amount to a hill of beans to the wealthiest power brokers in the world.

The government is not telling us where the money is going, and there is pretty much nobody in government demanding answers.

We may come to a point where the laws don't matter and the only things that will keep us together as a country are our moral values, character, and willingness to care for our brothers and sisters.

Edit - I just realized I drifted off target. Sorry. If there is a shortage, there will grow other sources to fill the voids. So depending on whether the sources are legal or illegal, the prices will steady or rise.

Last edited:
Last edited:
We may come to a point where the laws don't matter and the only things that will keep us together as a country are our moral values, character, and willingness to care for our brothers and sisters.

We will come to this point.
Our society, probably as no other one, consists of groups of people hating each other. Celebration of diversity and multiculturality. Melting por failed. Expect something major to happen.

Personally I think the reaction to Obama is overstated.

For gun rights, Heller opens up a huge cauldron od legal actions, which we haven't even begun to see yet.

Heller was limited. But the ruling itself was wide open to further suits regarding restrictions to gun ownership.

Personally I see Heller as akin to Griswold v. Connecticut or Roe v. Wade. These were the opening shots. The real opening of rights happened later.

no expert

I don't think you will see any particular bans of firearms except for
those we currently have.

however i think the cost of ammo etc. will increase due to excessive
taxes.
i think the Brady campaign is pushing this approach...

except for confiscation of your firearm there is not much they can
do to take them away from those that have them, but at some point
you need to resupply.....

JimB

I was at Riley's yesterday. They still had AR-15s (7) and AK-47s (5). They still had federal xm193a ammo for the same price they had it on Nov4th. What is the big deal?

Two comments, then i will be on my way.

We here at NES, I have thought to be a communit. There are some that see this and some that don't... to each their own.

Now... to my points.

I have seen many folks that are selling firearms at very reasonable prices... even those firearms that are "on the block" sort of speak. Thank you for those of you that are not taking advantage of others because of gun ban fears.

What bothers me, is we also have a small group that are putting insane price tags on items like ARs and expecting top dollar. Now, i understand that this is an open forum and that people can sell items for whatever they want.

but on the flip side... I hope thos guns sit and fall to the bottom of the posts.

Yes, prices are going up... I think it is up to us to help keep them "reasonable".

anyway, thats all I have to add.

[smile]

I dunno,maybe the fact that they raised the price of Golden Tiger 7.62 by $65..[wink]

I suspect Riley's upstream distributor got them on that one, since their other prices seem quite nice.

I want to say the usual mail-order places actually have better stock than a few weeks ago. My usual suspects (none of whom deliver to Mass.) claim lots of 7.62x39 in stock and will put a case on your doorstep for $240 or so.

(That said, 9mm still seems kinda scarce, but I'm leaning more towards "temporary hiccup in supply" than "insane year-long run on guns and ammo".)

Anyone else see the stuff Jon at Anvil Arms posted on ar15.com? He says the machine shop that finishes his lowers is jacking prices $37 per unit. Given that Jon was selling them for $100, it sounds like the shop sees the demand and is doubling the bill. Now that, that sounds like gouging. (Not on Jon's part, and please let's not turn this into another Anvil love/hate thread.)

I noticed that the AR frenzy has gotten to the point where everybody is sold out of parts now. I can't find lower parts, upper parts or anything. I hope this state of affairs is temporary.

Back
Top Bottom