Gun etiquette

xring

Banned
A frequenter of this site just stabbed me in the back. I found a nice old s&w revolver at a local shop. I e-mailed the friend and asked his advice as to price and condition and so on. I told him I was going to make an offer the next day based on his advice.
The next day the friend drives to the gun shop and bought the gun before I got there.
Would the proper etiquette be for me to hold him down and pistol whip him with the gun in question or should I use one of my own?

A frequenter of this site just stabbed me in the back. I found a nice old s&w revolver at a local shop. I e-mailed the friend and asked his advice as to price and condition and so on. I told him I was going to make an offer the next day based on his advice.
The next day the friend drives to the gun shop and bought the gun before I got there.
Would the proper etiquette be for me to hold him down and pistol whip him with the gun in question or should I use one of my own?

I would suggest sleeping with his wife/daughter. That should put you square again. ;)

Talk it out first considering that he may have gotten it in advance of you as a gift to you. Double check that you did tell him you were going to purchase it.

Call his mom or current GF and initiate the * new stepdad scorched earth strategy.

Then:
  • Explore personal safety and security issues with the mom.
  • Talk about personal responsibility and self defense.
  • Take the mom shooting.
  • Be sure that over the course of the year you get her to get her own LTC, check this thread to be sure she can obtain a LTC, but for your nefarious needs a T&H or Sporting LTC will do.
  • Have her request from her son the firearm that he purchased from under you, tell her it is the perfect firearm for her to start enjoying the sport and can double for HD/SD.

You now have direct access to the firearm in question.
Win.

****Link is NSFW or Children nearby****

Wow, that sucks man! But on the other hand, any Joe Blow could have walked in an bought it before you got there.

Lesson learned, next time call the shop and tell them you want it and will be in at a certain time, and would they hold it for you.

Call him : " So , with tax and a few bucks for your drive time , what do I owe you for getting the gun for me ? "

In future substitute Guy-I-Know for " friend" .

Thank you friend for buying the gun so nobody else would scoop it up, and tell him you are on the way over to his house with the money :).

There are plenty of old S&W revolvers in great condition out there, you'll find another. Sure you may pay $25 more for the next one, but look at the bright side. . .

You learned what kind of guy this "friend" is for just $25

What he did was very bad manners but now you know. When I was a young firefighter, we used the hot pepper trick among many others, on the captain. We always thought it was funny. He never did.

Now you know he's not your friend, and it didn't cost you anything.....

This brings to mind my Cousin Paulie's second-favorite saying:

"Hey Pal, you snooze, you lose." (Usually spoken while he took the last piece of veal).

If your over his house again, excuse yourself to his bathroom for the old "Upper Deck" treatment, that might make you even[smile].

("Upper Deck"= take lid off top of tank, and give birth to something, recover, and let him find it)

Talk it out first considering that he may have gotten it in advance of you as a gift to you. Double check that you did tell him you were going to purchase it.

Call his mom or current GF and initiate the * new stepdad scorched earth strategy.

Then:
  • Explore personal safety and security issues with the mom.
  • Talk about personal responsibility and self defense.
  • Take the mom shooting.
  • Be sure that over the course of the year you get her to get her own LTC, check this thread to be sure she can obtain a LTC, but for your nefarious needs a T&H or Sporting LTC will do.
  • Have her request from her son the firearm that he purchased from under you, tell her it is the perfect firearm for her to start enjoying the sport and can double for HD/SD.

You now have direct access to the firearm in question.
Win.

****Link is NSFW or Children nearby****

damn, we posted the same video! great minds!

Back
Top Bottom