Gun Control Deal Reached in the Senate

Well, I think MA is land of the free compared to the shit just metered out in CT...

We have had what you now have in Connecticut since 1998 or even before that. We still are very concerned about Washington and go to Boston Common, the state house and everywhere else we can to protest these bastards. For you to say what you did, means their plan is working and they've beaten you.

just posted to Facebook....

Christopher Murphy
2 seconds ago
people ask you why is senate paying attention to guns now after Newtown? tell them the truth, it is because Newtown is a WEALTHY COMMUNITY in CT, and when the children of rich white people get killed, it means a lot more than when poor brown people get killed in Chicago or California.....

AND, while VP NumbNuts is saying only the black helicopter crowd thinks that the Feds would keep a registry of firearms and then confiscate them, this guy is saying that record keeping is "vital" to any universal background check system. The lies are just amazing, I hope everyone is picking up on it.

Blumenthal really sucks. On CPSAN2 now ranting about the evilness of high capacity magazines.

[cerberus];3099393 said:
I just called and wrote senator Collins. Probably will do nothing, but I have to do something.

I wish I could write to my Senators, but it is a waste of the ethernet, Warren and soon to be Malarky, the only time their opinion will be changed is when they get mugged or robbed.

REMEMBER
A LIBERAL IS A CONSERVATIVE WHO HASN'T BEEN MUGGED

Originally Posted by Baystatesuks
and this one

- Authorizes use of a state concealed carry permit instead of a background check when purchasing a firearm from a dealer. (no more 3-5 delay for me now!!!)

In a case like this, does state law supersede federal law, i.e. if federal law rules does that mean we just show our LTC to the dealer and fill out the FA10, no fingerprint needed?

Interesting question. You could see some state AGs (Mass, CA, etc.) sue the federal govt. saying the law oversteps its bounds. Then the federal AG would have to defend the law. Dem fighting Dem.

Any bill is a net loss. This is more gun laws on the books when we need LESS.

Nothing good will come from this. Period.

For us to gain ground, we must make them repeal 5 gun laws for every one they propose. We get to choose which ones. Same goes for any new laws. Pass one, repeal 5.

There is something to be said for making Democratic Senators vote against a bill or lose the next election rather than continue to let the GOP take a beating for something they don't have to. As soon as amendments get added, it likely gets voted down.

Always keep in mind that Paul can filibuster a final bill, should it come to that.

Lets hope Paul does !

It does if you can find such 80% lowers for the other guns. You can make all your own firearms

It is absurdly simple to make a hand tool capable of firing a round. People have been making them without modern manufacturing technology for centuries.

An 80% lower just makes it easier.

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

Just to add this little tidbit : The bill reallows buying handguns from out of state dealers.

We all know what this means for MA residents

Also, LTC holders would not have to do background checks in FTF sales, as the under the bill CCW permits take the place of background checks.

These are really selfish thoughts I know, but don't worry I still wouldn't choose to have it pass if I somehow had the power right now to make the decision.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom