Gun Control Deal Reached in the Senate

Sure, go ahead and cede more ground. I'm sure this time they'll say we have enough laws, and I'm sure they'd never demand everyone's records [rolleyes]

What we need are laws to be repealed, not new ones passed.

a thousand times this.

also i want to say i'm surprised at the number of people on this very site rolling over and anxiously awaiting the next shafting from the government... but nope, i'm not surprised by anything anymore.

A state can not make it illegal to buy something while in another state, no matter how hard that c*** martha tries. The only way they could stop it would be to literally make it illegal to own guns that aren't on the list.

True..isn't this the current situation in MA?

There is no ground to give and any law they pass is ultimately one step closer to restriction. They admit that these laws will not result in their stated pupose and for the past several months they have exploited the inconvienient truths of killings in places like Chicago and Sandy Hook. They are there to solve problems and not propose new laws on law abiding Americans that make them look good or popular.

We are talking about the same people that can't get together on national reciprical agreements or lengthy waiting periods or even arbitrary restrictions.

If the law they pass includes giving us back more ground in other areas than we lose in this one it is not a net loss.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Even though I know how the Senators from MA will vote I called them anyway. If we all call maybe they will realize there is opposition to this. MAYBE

I also called Sen. Paul's office and offered him my support. I will be doing the same for other Senators who are 2A friendly.

Have you or anyone from Comm2A (or anywhere) read and parsed the bill? Or are we just relying on the interpretations of people willing to compromise our rights away?
What are the bad parts of the bill?

Nobody knows, as no text has been released. Everyone is speculating based on the bill summary released by Toomey's office.

No text has been released, but it will be "good" for gun owners.

Just like Obamacare would be "good" for the average citizen...

No one thought obamacare was going to be good, even the dem's knew it was a pile of sh!t that's why they barely could pass it in the house despite huge majorities. It is a completely different situation.

WRONG. it DOES SO exist! i even have photographic evidence!!!

20653d1316779446-marlboro-show-september-24th-25th-loophole.jpg

Nice Gun Show Loop Hole Atilla! [laugh]

Nobody knows, as no text has been released. Everyone is speculating based on the bill summary released by Toomey's office.

We're reading the bill here at the office it's 35 pages.

Just so you guys know, the vote that occurred just before lunch was a vote on whether or not to proceed with debate on the bill, where it will be transformed again.

Rand and his fillibuster will be in play. (hopefully)

We're reading the bill here at the office it's 35 pages.

Just so you guys know, the vote that occurred just before lunch was a vote on whether or not to proceed with debate on the bill, where it will be transformed again.

Rand and his fillibuster will be in play. (hopefully)

Do you have a link to the bill? I'm extremely interested in the shit they are trying to pass.

No one thought obamacare was going to be good, even the dem's knew it was a pile of sh!t that's why they barely could pass it in the house despite huge majorities. It is a completely different situation.

So... this gun control crap... is it different because it isn't a pile of sh!t or because it has a chance of passing?

(for those that are skimming and reacting to keywords, I clarify that it is my position that the current (and past) gun control attempts are in fact big steaming piles of sh!t)

I'm not passing judgment until I can read the bill. But based on the summary I'm not sure if it's a loss. We lose a bit of ground, but we take more.

The only alarming part is

• Clarifies that submissions of mental health records into the NICS system are not prohibited by federal privacy laws (HIPAA).

And I'm curious as to what it means. Is it like the system now where they can only see if a person was involuntary committed? or worse?

Like I said, I'm waiting for a full text of the bill. But it could be something that helps shut the libs up and rob the anti-movement of it's momentum.

Deja Vu - Flashback to Obamacare -

Cash for Cloture": What's In It For Them?
In exchange for their votes to “invoke cloture” (i.e., stop debate and hold a final vote) on Obamacare, here is what some of the Democrat Senators got in return:

"Cash for Cloture": What's In It For Them? | A View from the Right

Don't think the same thing won't happen again.

- - - Updated - - -

Other states don't need to follow her hidden list . Just like out of state ammo can be shipped here ... It's just weather or not they'll tell her To pound sand

That will only work if we don't need to effect a transfer on this end. Don't worry, they will think of a way to screw us in MA/IL/NY/CA.

I just read through the bill above. Either this bill is different than the one Toomey is talking about, Toomey is a complete f^&king liar, or the "good" was cut out of it. No where does the bill above list that CCW can be used in lieu of background checks, permits interstate handgun sales, or any other "good" stuff. While I understand this bill maybe amended; it's a pile of horse shit. If I am wrong, I apologize.

EDIT: What Toomey and Manchin proposed is a compromise, not a separate bill or amendment (yet) to the bill above. Now I see.

Last edited:
I just read through the bill above. Either this bill is different than the one Toomey is talking about, Toomey is a complete f^&king liar, or the "good" was cut out of it. No where does the bill above list that CCW can be used in lieu of background checks, permits interstate handgun sales, or any other "good" stuff. While I understand this bill maybe amended; it's a pile of horse shit. If I am wrong, I apologize.

Toomey's stuff will be added as an amendment. The link was to the original bill.

Back
Top Bottom