Gun Control Deal Reached in the Senate

I'm building my own firearms from now on. Lots of them.

Does the 80% lower concept exist for guns other than AR? What pistols could we make in a similar way? I'm interested in this, could use a new hobby....

I think it's funny how they keep coining the phrase high capacity "clips" makes me giggle [rofl]

My fave was some moron, might have been the scum piers morgan, calling them high clip capacity. I'm just bummed they are single use like the CO congresswoman said. Someone should come up with reusable "clips".

Does the 80% lower concept exist for guns other than AR? What pistols could we make in a similar way? I'm interested in this, could use a new hobby....

It does if you can find such 80% lowers for the other guns. You can make all your own firearms

80% M1911 frames and AK-47 receiver flats were among the most common, now, it seems that only the latter can be easily found.

This provision is interesting:

- Fixes interstate travel laws for sportsmen who transport their firearms across state lines in a responsible manner. The term "transport" includes staying in temporary lodging overnight, stopping for food, buying fuel, vehicle maintenance, and medical treatment.

and this one

- Authorizes use of a state concealed carry permit instead of a background check when purchasing a firearm from a dealer. (no more 3-5 delay for me now!!!)

and this one

- Permits interstate handgun sales from dealers.

I am guessing these are to appease people to go along with the crap provisions.

Last edited:
If this is what it takes to kill this ridiculous debate, then good. I hope they make it so full of nonsense that it gets voted down soundly and costs them the Senate.

Is it me or some of this crap is actually good?

-Fixes interstate travel laws for sportsmen who transport their firearms across state lines in a responsible manner. The term "transport" includes staying in temporary lodging overnight, stopping for food, buying fuel, vehicle maintenance, and medical treatment.

-Protects sellers from lawsuits if the weapon cleared through the expanded background checks and is subsequently used in a crime. This is the same treatment gun dealers receive now

-Permits interstate handgun sales from dealers.

-Allows active military to buy firearms in their home states.

i wonder what that would really mean, as in the way rifles are now? meaning i can go to nh and buy a 400 dollar glock and register it when i get home?

- - - Updated - - -

the expansion on fopa is also a good thing too but i wont hold my breath for the final unveiling of what new requirements will be

i wonder what that would really mean, as in the way rifles are now? meaning i can go to nh and buy a 400 dollar glock and register it when i get home?

Thats how I read it as. It would be very interesting to bypass the MA approved lists. But it may also put some FFLs out of business in MA as poeple would be buying in NH.

- - - Updated - - -

the expansion on fopa is also a good thing too but i wont hold my breath for the final unveiling of what new requirements will be

Maybe. Still would not be able to sell you a gun that you could not legally possess in your home state I am guessing.

Yea it is.

Ayotte is really confusing the hell out of me.

On the one hand she wrote a decently good response to the letters were are sending her to not vote for this BS.

Then she turns around and sides with those listed above.

This isn't a WTF moment for us with regard to Ayotte but it is concerning.

If she votes yes on the final bill, then it is a WTF moment considering what she has stated in her responses to us.

I disagree, it's a full WTF and has been for a while with her.

Our politicians as so worthless. This doesn't solve the issue for either side, it merely lets them tout that they did something, when in fact they did nothing. Commercial sales are already tracked. Gun shows are a very small part of sales, not to mention the estimated 500,000 guns that are stolen each year.

What a bunch of moroooooooooons. Simply more tax dollars and fed fees. Who sets the standard on who is denied the ability to purchase a firearm?

It's all legislative judo. The Repbublicans want this to go to a cloture vote, so that they they can force Democrat Senators who are up for re-election in 2014 to go on the record. Landrieu in LA and several other Democrats in red states are vulnerable, more so if they vote for gun control in states that have a large percentage of gun owners. If the bill gets cloture, it will go to a floor debate. Again, the Democrats will have to go on the record with their vote. If it passes in the Senate, it goes to the House. Where it will likely die. The House is much more granular, that is the districts represented by a Congressman are much smaller than the entire state represented by a Senator. While a Senator might get away with an unpopular vote, a Congressman is far less likely to.

Don't cite MA as an example of how Congressmen make unpopular votes and get re elected. This state is the exception, not the rule.

Gun control gave the Republicans the House in 1994 and the White House in 2000. If anything, sentiment against gun control is even stronger now than it was 20 years ago. Gun ownership is up, LTC and CCW permit requests across the country are way up. People want guns and they don't want restrictions, despite the lies that Shumer, Pelosi, and Obama are spouting on TV.

I agree that the devil will be in the details. However it was interesting to hear Manchin and Toomey both mention their support for National reciprocity for concealed carry permits and that their proposed FOPA changes were a stepping stone to get there.

Maybe. Still would not be able to sell you a gun that you could not legally possess in your home state I am guessing.

It would gut a lot of what martha does from the bullet points. Glocks, etc are legal to own, it's the regs on the dealers.

Other than the good stuff just mentioned, how are the background checks at gun shows and internet sales new? That's what there is now isn't it?

Last edited:
It's all legislative judo. The Repbublicans want this to go to a cloture vote, so that they they can force Democrat Senators who are up for re-election in 2014 to go on the record. Landrieu in LA and several other Democrats in red states are vulnerable, more so if they vote for gun control in states that have a large percentage of gun owners. If the bill gets cloture, it will go to a floor debate. Again, the Democrats will have to go on the record with their vote. If it passes in the Senate, it goes to the House. Where it will likely die. The House is much more granular, that is the districts represented by a Congressman are much smaller than the entire state represented by a Senator. While a Senator might get away with an unpopular vote, a Congressman is far less likely to.

Don't cite MA as an example of how Congressmen make unpopular votes and get re elected. This state is the exception, not the rule.

Gun control gave the Republicans the House in 1994 and the White House in 2000. If anything, sentiment against gun control is even stronger now than it was 20 years ago. Gun ownership is up, LTC and CCW permit requests across the country are way up. People want guns and they don't want restrictions, despite the lies that Shumer, Pelosi, and Obama are spouting on TV.

Reid REALLY doesn't want a vote on anything. He'd love a filibuster so they could blame R's and keep the political issue where it works, raise money off it and allow the D's in red states to say they are pro guns. If there is a vote, the D's are screwed. They either vote pro gun and do right for their voters but tick off the liberals or vice versa. If they vote pro gun, the liberal money will dry up. The red state D's get a chuck of money from liberals on the coasts. They are between a rock and a hard place.

Doubt it, Martha will never permit such irreverence.

Back
Top Bottom