Gun charge dropped for Worcester man with shotgun & loaded pistol in uninsured, unregistered vehicle

“Prior to his arraignment, the charge of Possession of Large Capacity Feeding Device was dismissed at the request of the Commonwealth because De La Hoz had a valid license to carry.”

I would assume they were pre-ban mags then obviously? Even if so it still speaks volumes that he was initially charged. Scary shiz.

well,MA is still marching to their own tune so suitability is a reason bullshit to revoke.

"The only things in the driver’s possession that were licensed were his guns."

I didn't know we can get our guns "licensed."
For what it is worth, you don't get your car a license either. Nor do you get every fish a license. You do, however, get an annual license for your dog. You're just being ridiculous at this stage.

For what it is worth, you don't get your car a license either. Nor do you get every fish a license. You do, however, get an annual license for your dog. You're just being ridiculous at this stage.
No, you don't get it Wylie - you missed the point.

I see this frequently where the police see a standard capacity magazine and charge large cap violation even though there's a valid ltc. I frankly think they just don't understand where the real possible crime is and I'm not going to spell it out here for them.
Isn't is almost always a "tack on" charge though? I don't recall hearing of any cases in which an LTC holder was charged with only a mag violation, but I could be wrong.

I would assume they were pre-ban mags then obviously? Even if so it still speaks volumes that he was initially charged.
If so, maybe the Commonwealth realized that
(eager cop notwithstanding)
they had no way to prove they were illegal beyond a reasonable doubt.

Which would be a very interesting "tell".

I smell hi-cap contributions!!! :)
Good luck 1%ers heh, Best wishes to all?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom