Gun charge dropped for Worcester man with shotgun & loaded pistol in uninsured, unregistered vehicle

I hope I catch a magazine charge in MA someday, I want them to explain how the magic date has meaning or how it’s applicable to public safety. And how a firearm accessory can be regulated etc. I. Will. Win. I’m not even drunk rn.
No, you would lose in state court. And they don’t have to explain why the law makes sense, just what the law is and that you broke it.

Only for gun possession, not high cap mag possession.

The case that established it must be proven the defendant was unlicensed, rather than allowing it as an affirmative defense, specifically mentioned that the 2A did not cover > 10 round magazines.
Guardado used the justification that “the second amendment does not cover weapons not commonly used by civilians for lawful purposes” as its reason for denying relief on the large capacity feeding device charge. Certainly an issue ripe for challenge, but this is not likely the case to take it.

"Double locking" handcuffs is SOP and has nothing to do with profiling. There are a couple of reasons. Unless double locked, handcuff halves are connected by a ratchet mechanism. This means that either intentionally or unintentionally, the ratchet can be closed further than necessary, which is potentially harmful to the person in custody (and which is sometimes employed by the person in custody in order to ground a complaint that "the cuffs are too tight"). Beyond that, unless double locked, the ratchet is susceptible of shimming, allowing an experienced person to escape the cuffs.

"Double locking" involves just pushing a pin or sliding a latch, which then moves a solid bar under the ratchet and preventing movement of the sliding side of the cuff in either direction. Double locking is routine and done whenever a person is cuffed.
My handcuffs don't seem to have that feature.

But they're very comfy to wear!

Back
Top Bottom