• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
(in Auburn, MA.)

I just finished my interview and judging by how the officer was explaining the places I can not bring a gun into...i.e. schools, and airports...and also how he changed one of my answers to a more formidable answer of "all lawful purposes" I cant see Auburn not giving me the "no restrictions" class A.

ALso the issuing officer said that the licenses are only taking 3-4 weeks for him lately :)

I submitted my application to Townsend yesterday. The interview went very well and the person conducting the interview was a female and very nice. I will let you know when I get a call.

Wilmington?

I am going to be buying a house in Wilmington, I currently have an unrestricted LTC A.

I see that its "green" on the list, but I was wondering if anyone had some more current info. Is it still a "green" town? Has anything changes?

I searched for Wilmington in this thread, but there are well over 115 pages! So I figured I would just ask.

Thanks in advance!

Do they still cash your check if you get rejected?

Also, is there any rhyme or reason to when they cash your check? Perhapts when your LTC is approved or when they start the process or just when they get around to it?

Didnt know if you could project the status of your LTC application by the cashing of your check or not.

Yes.

No.

No.

Do they still cash your check if you get rejected?

If you read MGLs on LTCs you will see that the license is "free" . . . it's the "application" that cost $100! Reason for that is to make it clear that you are being charged for the "privilege" of applying, not for the license itself.

A decent generalization is that if you are going to be "rejected", they will let you know fairly quickly. It's "no hurry" if you are going to get your LTC . . . eventually. LTC/FID applications are not a high priority in almost any PD, so it gets done when it gets done . . . some are more efficient than others and some intentionally stall due to their dislike for issuing permits at all, but most just do them "when they get around to it".

The truth is always the best news!

I saw that my town cashed my check this past weekend, so i figured they must be getting close to the ltc being ready, but that may have been wishful thinking :)

We've all been there. It is a degrading and awe inspiring cluster f&*k of a process that most citizens would revolt over if they were required to say get a drivers license under the same rules. Be patient, and no news is generally good news.

should have posted this before...if it helps...townsend is definatly green, myself, my father, and my best friend have all had zero issues getting an LTC-A unrestricted license :)

My friend just applied for his LTC in North Reading. He was told as of 5-1-09 the chief's new rule is anyone applying for their first time LTC be restricted to "sporting."

My friend just applied for his LTC in North Reading. He was told as of 5-1-09 the chief's new rule is anyone applying for their first time LTC be restricted to "sporting."

Yeah...those bodies are really piling up in Reading, aren't they? <grrrrrr>

The truth is always the best news!

I saw that my town cashed my check this past weekend, so i figured they must be getting close to the ltc being ready, but that may have been wishful thinking :)

Don't let it get you down, I had my interview at the beginning of April, It took until late June for my LTC to show up. Trust me I know how you feel, but it will come.

Checks are cashed when the PD turns a pile over to the City/Town Treasurer . . . not sooner and not later.

Efficiency between departments is no measure of efficiency in licensing.

e.g. My Wife paid a parking fine and 6 months later we get a phone call that "the check was lost, please replace it". I was told "ask no questions" just do it. Seems that someone buried a pile of checks and they were thrown out instead of turned over to the Town Treasurer. [This was the Supt of Public Works, who at that time was the designated Parking Clerk for the town.]

Salem needs changed to Red. It was a piece of cake a year ago and since then others have reported the same experience. No ref letters needed and everything was done online. 30 days and it was in my hand.

Only issue is that they issue a Target and Hunting restriction. You cannot get an ALP unless you have a letter from your employer or you are a business owner.

Is that why its black?

no, its black becuase its based off of old info.

salem does infact issue out un restricted class A's to business owners. ive seen about 4-5 of them in the past month.

ive been actualy making a list of cities and towns based of peoples licenses i check. i tend to see around 20-50 licenses per week so im able to get a lot of info about each town.

Salem is without a doubt a red town.

no, its black becuase its based off of old info.

salem does infact issue out un restricted class A's to business owners. ive seen about 4-5 of them in the past month.

ive been actualy making a list of cities and towns based of peoples licenses i check. i tend to see around 20-50 licenses per week so im able to get a lot of info about each town.

Salem is without a doubt a red town.

Yup... salem is more "red" than "black". Black is reserved for the absolute
worst "no issue" towns. Even garbage issuing authorities like Brookline, Watertown, etc, aren't even black.

-Mike

As an FYI - Abington is still green - friends of mine both applied for Class A - ALP (first timers) and got them, no restrictions.

Yup... salem is more "red" than "black". Black is reserved for the absolute
worst "no issue" towns. Even garbage issuing authorities like Brookline, Watertown, etc, aren't even black.

-Mike

as far as i know hamilton is the only Black city in the northshore. the cheif their refuses to issue any sort of Class A to anyone. ive never seen anything higher then a class b come from that city.

Danvers is NOT a black town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom