Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
HAMILTON UPDATE: Unfortunately Hamilton has gone backwards again. As of the first of the year, the town will no longer give first time applicants a Class A license. Or, you must have a damn good reason to get an A on the first go around. You must start with a Class B and depending on what they say, come back in a few years or at renewal for the Class A (Hopefully a ALP A)

HAMILTON UPDATE: Unfortunately Hamilton has gone backwards again. As of the first of the year, the town will no longer give first time applicants a Class A license. Or, you must have a damn good reason to get an A on the first go around. You must start with a Class B and depending on what they say, come back in a few years or at renewal for the Class A (Hopefully a ALP A)

[angry]

Amesbury is VERY GREEN, my wife and I both applied for class A LTC ALP, the licensing officer informed us that ALP was not a valid reason for issuance and before we had a chance to speak put down "target and sport" as the narrative reason. Chief Gagnon still issued us LTC A UNRESTRICTED.

Amesbury is VERY GREEN, my wife and I both applied for class A LTC ALP, the licensing officer informed us that ALP was not a valid reason for issuance and before we had a chance to speak put down "target and sport" as the narrative reason. Chief Gagnon still issued us LTC A UNRESTRICTED.

Sounds like the chief needs to have a word with their licensing officer.

What became of that? I thought FIDs weren't subject to suitability rules, just statutory disqualifiers.

As far as I know they aren't subject to suitability rules, in fact this came up in small talk with the licensing officer during my interview a few months ago

Just because the law says something doesn't mean that any particular PD will abide by said law.

They are well aware that most people won't "rock the boat" and call them on it. Too many are afraid of repercussions, so they just bend over, grab their ankles and take it.

Does anyone have insight on Foxborough MA? I have my LTC which expires in 4 years but I'm just curious.

I came to Foxborough with a B from Canton and tried to reapply for a new license and get an A. I wrote a few posts about it on this thread a few pages back, but to put it short, it wasn't pretty.

Just had 2 friends from Lynn get unrestricted A with no issues. Fast turn around. They are both mid 40s in age, and both experienced shooters but neither ever held a LTC in MA

I came to Foxborough with a B from Canton and tried to reapply for a new license and get an A. I wrote a few posts about it on this thread a few pages back, but to put it short, it wasn't pretty.

I went back and read what you wrote. So the chief says that because you only have a B license that he is willing to honor that and for you to go through a probationary period before he issues you a class A? Thats bullshit as far as I'm concerned however its better than all the RED towns.

I'm actually closing on a house this Friday which is near the Mansfield line too...

I went back and read what you wrote. So the chief says that because you only have a B license that he is willing to honor that and for you to go through a probationary period before he issues you a class A? Thats bullshit as far as I'm concerned however its better than all the RED towns.

I was never told that I would get an unrestricted A once I reapplied in a year, I was told that they would "reconsider it". Oh well, hopefully I'll have good news in a year...

I was never told that I would get an unrestricted A once I reapplied in a year, I was told that they would "reconsider it". Oh well, hopefully I'll have good news in a year...
Makes me want to puke that I might be moving to a town that is RED.... There's got to be more people from Foxboro on this forum that can chime in.

Makes me want to puke that I might be moving to a town that is RED.... There's got to be more people from Foxboro on this forum that can chime in.

Don't compromise. Never move to a red town, don't give the POS chief in charge of pissing on our constitution another dollar of your hard earned money.

Don't compromise. Never move to a red town, don't give the POS chief in charge of pissing on our constitution another dollar of your hard earned money.

Then write the paper and the Board of Selectmen, and let them know as well!

Just a quick question regarding renewal. I have an unrestricted class a issued from Malden, and if I move to a red town would it come back restricted? Or should I just stay in a green town? I'm up for renewal next june 2013 and i'm looking to move now. thanks.

Just a quick question regarding renewal. I have an unrestricted class a issued from Malden, and if I move to a red town would it come back restricted? Or should I just stay in a green town? I'm up for renewal next june 2013 and i'm looking to move now. thanks.

Depends on the town. Move to a green town.

From what I read on the forms previously, I thought that Foxborough was good to go. I thought that maybe the CoP changed, but it seems that O'Leary has been there since at least 2009 (I only found one annual report from the website).

Update on Acushnet. I have a friend who has been waiting 4 months for his LTC, with no word back. His friend it took 9 months, but he got LTC A unrestricted.

Due to Budget Cuts and unfilled vacancies the Acushnet Police Department is no longer able to provide the town with a dedicated Firearms Detective. Detective James Costa has been assigned the added responsibility. Wait times for LTC's and FID Cards will be longer. Due to issues beyond our control appointments will be necessary and no walk ins will be accepted.
http://www.acushnetpd.com/firearms.htm

From what I read on the forms previously, I thought that Foxborough was good to go. I thought that maybe the CoP changed, but it seems that O'Leary has been there since at least 2009 (I only found one annual report from the website).

Ed's been Chief in Foxboro since at least the early 1980s. He was one of my instructors in the Police Academy back then. I'm pretty sure that he's still in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom