Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicopee is RED

In Chicopee, you'll get an LTC class A but it will be hunting and target or sporting at best. I've heard if you make a stink about it they'll go ALP, but it's often not worth the time or risk. Used to be green, everyone I know who applied 5-10 years ago got ALP, now not so much.

Even retired cops get restricted permits in Watertown! [thinking]

Watertown is one of the worst, if not the worst. At least they dont create a sybdivision if a protected group in their licensing......how screwed up is it that that is the silver lining? :-(

crap i need to move i need it for my job this is not good!!!!!![frown]

Watertown will be OK about valid employment needs. But it will NOT be "Restrictions: none". It will be some form of very narrowly scoped employment restriction.

Last edited:

Can you get such a letter or not? If you can get such a letter from your boss on letterhead, then you have a chance of getting an LTC restricted to employment. The letter would have to indicate why you need it -- for example, you are an armored car guard, or you deposit cash receipts for a retail store. But unless your boss will document the need in writing, you're unlikely to be able to convince the licensing officer that you need it for work.

Can't he also get one in the town where he works? I think that is a valid workaround to his screwed up chief.

Also, alot of armed guard positions state in their rules that to fill an armed position you MUST HAVE Class A LTC with "NO RESTRICTIONS." My company and one other my friend works for are so (I've actually seen the line in the employee handbooks)

Also, alot of armed guard positions state in their rules that to fill an armed position you MUST HAVE Class A LTC with "NO RESTRICTIONS." My company and one other my friend works for are so (I've actually seen the line in the employee handbooks)

Some company wont even interview you.
They say, you must have an LTC-A UNRESTRICTED already, and some police dept. in RED TOWNS wont give you UNRESTRICTED UNLESS you have the job with the letter outlining that you are required to have an UNRESTRICTED.
The Police argue that EMPLOYMENT will cover you.

catch22.

Anyone here have any current experience in Amherst MA?
FPrice - Amherst is a by the book kind of town as I understand it. They usually issue ALPs unless there is a glaring reason not to. My friend is LEO there, he says just have all your stuff (app, cert, DL and 45 min of your time) ready and should be smooth sailing.

FPrice - Amherst is a by the book kind of town as I understand it. They usually issue ALPs unless there is a glaring reason not to. My friend is LEO there, he says just have all your stuff (app, cert, DL and 45 min of your time) ready and should be smooth sailing.

Thanks, I will pass that on to the young man who asked me.

Just got a call from the Merrimac (MA) PD; license is ready! Application was submitted on January 7th, so that was fairly quick. Hoping it's an unrestricted A. Heading out in a few to pick it up. I'm holding my breath...

Just got a call from the Merrimac (MA) PD; license is ready! Application was submitted on January 7th, so that was fairly quick. Hoping it's an unrestricted A. Heading out in a few to pick it up. I'm holding my breath...

Excellent, that wasn't too bad of a turn around time. Good luck! Check back in with what you got issued.

Merrimac MA: Class A no restrictions. 48 day turnaround (1 month, 17 days).

Last edited:
i had my interview today at watertown pd they said as long as there are no disqualifing things on my record i wont get a alp ill get hunting,target,work,sport

Last edited:
I APPLIED THEN SHE TELLS ME NO ALP THEN SHE TELLS ME I HAVE TO HAVE A 2ND INTERVIEW WITH A SARGENT THIS IS BS

Ya think maybe they have people who read this forum and monitor this thread to see if people get ticked off after having interactions at various departments? I'm betting they all do, and that the more anger people express in here, the less likely they are to give that person a Class A, ALP license. I am as pro-2A as everyone here, and I think that gun licenses should be issued without any interviews or any other hoops. But until agencies just follow the Constitution as it was written, I would refrain from throwing fits in here about the people who have the power to grant or deny a license.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom