Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andover is not requiring a doctors note anymore, I will know tomorrow how easily they give an ALP, but it only took two weeks from the time my application was sent in till the time they called me for a meeting with the licensing office.....

on another note, anyone got any tips for what to expect/say to the licensing officer at my meeting? thanks

Although I am thrilled by this, I am simultaneously disappointed as we were looking for plaintiffs... [wink] But good to hear Andover has stopped this licensing abuse.

Last edited:
just a quick note while i was doing my interview in bridgewater for LTC i asked the serg. who is a great person to deal with, how is the new chief? he told me that the new chief is letting the laws that are already in place do the decisions for the LTC. so if you ask for LTC-A ALP thats what you get they feel they should not make any extra restriction. so i guess the town is back to GREEN.

just a quick note while i was doing my interview in bridgewater for LTC i asked the serg. who is a great person to deal with, how is the new chief? he told me that the new chief is letting the laws that are already in place do the decisions for the LTC. so if you ask for LTC-A ALP thats what you get they feel they should not make any extra restriction. so i guess the town is back to GREEN.

One of those we shall see, before changing anything here.

We have had conflicting info from them. I hope that they will be a green town, but in the meantime I am going to keep them as orange.

Just spoke with a very affable Cpt. O'Connor of Somerville PD - I had sent a letter requesting clarification of a T&H restriction, as well as a request for determination on some things I was looking at doing this year, which include a business opp. I requested in a letter that I have either all restrictions removed from my LTC, or for a Personal Protection restriction added to my T&H. He was dialed in, professional, and pretty nice to talk to.

He stated that he will only provide an ALP to LEO, the occasional military, and armed security, but generally just as an employment requirement. Overall it was a helpful conversation, but he basically left it as: No chance for an ALP, if you have a business that requires it, reapply (new $100 vig).

Somerville is as red as a russian.

Not sure, but it looks like my JROTC didn't count. :D

I'm only in MA for a couple few more years, so I can deal. I have no other choice. :)

I wonder if this explains some of the people reporting they were getting unrestricted licenses.

I think "regular" people were getting unrestricted when the old licensing officer was around (e.g. me). Looks like the either the licensing officer and/or policy changed. At least that's my assumption.

I think "regular" people were getting unrestricted when the old licensing officer was around (e.g. me). Looks like the either the licensing officer and/or policy changed. At least that's my assumption.

This is interesting. So you don't fit the above description but you got unrestricted... I have a theory that somerville didn't want to get sued and pay for that fight so they played nice for a while and then reverted back when they found out Boston was our guinea pig on right to carry.

How long was the old LO around for? Just last year?

This is interesting. So you don't fit the above description but you got unrestricted... I have a theory that somerville didn't want to get sued and pay for that fight so they played nice for a while and then reverted back when they found out Boston was our guinea pig on right to carry.

Didn't it used to be Capt. Trant? It's Capt. O'Connor now.

I have no clue. My LO was Capt. Trant and the LTC was issued end of September 2010

Submitted my packet today in Marlborough. The Sgt. was great to deal with. There was an issue with my CORI, a 24 year old CWOF / Dismissal that was incorrectly recorded as a conviction, and would be a disqualifier. The Sgt. could have easily told me to get lost until the discrepancy was sorted.. Instead he made several calls to the courthouse and straitened the mess out.. Ran my CORI a bunch of times until it came back corrected. I was expecting to hire a lawyer. I have wanted to apply for my license for years, but was reluctant because of the CWOF, and thought I'd be wasting my time.
I wrote a letter explaining the CWOF, and also added a letter from an associate as a letter of recommendation. I hope to receive an unrestricted permit, Marlborough is a 'green' town, but because of the CWOF and a few too many traffic tickets, I may get a restricted permit.. We'll see what happens..

I got the call from the licensing officer yesterday.. My permit is ready for pickup! 31 Days all said and done. Class A No Restrictions. Marlborough.

One more Green vote for Charlton, just over 6 week turnaround time. Class A No Restrictions.

Bourne police department just called me, my LTC is ready for pickup...only 32 days of waiting !..hopefully it will be unrestricted !

Just wanted to add a couple new accounts of Amherst being a very green town with a respectful and professional police department/licensing process.

Mike

Was thinking of moving to Woburn soon but I know for a fact it's red status still is true. Question, I hear Chief Mahoney is retiring soon anyone know who the re-placement is going to be any word on the WPD changing it's Target and hunting restrictions policy on LTC-A's unless you own a business?

Don't know if anyone mentioned Canton any further than what was already said. They are incredibly black. Started me out with a Class B for one year, then I could come back and be re-evaluated. Have had my class A for a year or two now, and I mentioned having my restrictions removed and was looked at like I had 10 heads.

Guys, please also complete Comm2A's survey if you've applied in the last 6 months. Information here: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/127021-The-Mass-Licening-Survey-Launches-Today!

Survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6M9GPHD

BJ, can you add the link to the OP?
Unfortunately, I've run out of characters to add to the OP.

ETA; I think I have 20 characters left or something like that. I can still change colors and stuff, but I am having a hard time finding a way to add to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom