Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
WEBSTER is still GREEN

Restrictions: NONE

no special requirements.

Just put "All Lawful Purpose" when filling out the application.

Blackstone still DEFINITELY green. I'm 22 years old, called the chief told him I took the safety course n wanted my license, said come in next day then filled in application on computer/prints/pic and was done. 3 weeks and 1 day later got my LTC-A no restrictions.

I just renewed with Amesbury. So much for being green! Sgt Fournier has his own set of questions he asks. It wasnt until I answered them truthfully and had a bunch of hurdles put in my way that I contacted an Attorney and found out he had ABSOLUTELY no right asking me these questions. After Sgt Fournier had a phone call with an attorney I was issued my unrestricted LTC. By the way, the last time I renewed with the same Sgt he restricted my class A to "No Concealed Carrying" stating that he didn't believe I answered all of his questions truthfully. If Amesbury is green then I would hate to have to deal with a red town! Big Thank You to Attorney Cohen!

I just renewed with Amesbury. So much for being green! Sgt Fournier has his own set of questions he asks. It wasnt until I answered them truthfully and had a bunch of hurdles put in my way that I contacted an Attorney and found out he had ABSOLUTELY no right asking me these questions. After Sgt Fournier had a phone call with an attorney I was issued my unrestricted LTC. By the way, the last time I renewed with the same Sgt he restricted my class A to "No Concealed Carrying" stating that he didn't believe I answered all of his questions truthfully. If Amesbury is green then I would hate to have to deal with a red town! Big Thank You to Attorney Cohen!

Just got my LTC A No Restrictions from Amesbury. 6 weeks (but could have been sooner, was waiting for Birthday to get the full 6 years). Sgt Fournier very pleasant, professional, and made the entire process actually fun. It's good to see that there are some great guys in this State.

Wow....

Sutton is green 41 days class A unrestricted. The application process was quick and easy, nothing extra required.

What's the story with Westford these days?

A friend has been waiting for her LTC for a *long* time, (since early January) and they're not returning calls.

I thought Westford was a very green, pretty quick town, but her experience is suggesting otherwise.

When I got mine in Westford a few years ago, they were really slow. I had to call CHSB to shake mine loose. (They kept blaming 'the state' for holding it up.) I don't think it's anything anti-gun so much as bureaucratic slowness. When I was hounding them, they at least answered the phones, so I didn't need any calls returned. Is she calling the police station business line and asking for records? That's what I always did.

Got mine in Clinton, MA a few weeks ago.... I'm 22 and I got LTC-A Restrictions: None. Only took 1 week and 5 days! I'd say still green!

Last edited:
Can anyone chime in on Dedham? New Chief as of last fall. I have an interview with him, I guess it's required for first time applicants. I asked for All Lawful Purposes on my application.

When I got mine in Westford a few years ago, they were really slow. I had to call CHSB to shake mine loose. (They kept blaming 'the state' for holding it up.) I don't think it's anything anti-gun so much as bureaucratic slowness. When I was hounding them, they at least answered the phones, so I didn't need any calls returned. Is she calling the police station business line and asking for records? That's what I always did.

She's been calling the woman who's been dealing with the paperwork so far.

She emailed me today to say, "I'm leaving work early today, I have to pick something up at the PD", so I guess the problem is now solved. :)

How long did it take?

First time through, started in .... October I think, then nothing until the end of December when she got a "application rejected" letter. Either something was missing from the form, or they lost some paperwork, or... I dunno.

In early January they said, "fill out this paperwork again, (no charge), and we can re-submit 'cuz we've got all the other data already, including fingerprints and photo and SP background check and NICS check and all that." ... more or less. I'm paraphrasing.

After a month or so she started calling. After two months she started calling more often. By March she was calling every week.

Let's assume that the clock started about Jan. 7th, that's about 14 weeks, or 100 days.

It wouldn't have been so alarming/annoying if they didn't consistently say, "it should be about two weeks" or if they'd been more responsive when called to say, "sorry, still waiting on chief/state police/printing/woman who's on vacation/etc" so it didn't seem like a black hole.

A friend of mine had checked with WPD about six months ago, and at that time he was told only target and hunting unless own a business. I have a client that knows allot of cops,i will reach out to him and see what I can find out. I will post in this thread in a day or so.

A friend of mine had checked with WPD about six months ago, and at that time he was told only target and hunting unless own a business. I have a client that knows allot of cops,i will reach out to him and see what I can find out. I will post in this thread in a day or so.

I am assuming WPD=Woburn for the above posts?

just applied for Class A in Lawrence today

the Lt. was really nice, straight to the point no BS. The LPD site says you need a letter explaining why you need a class A to apply. I went in with a letter from my employer stating that I basically make bank runs w/ large sums of cash. It was completely disregarded and was told I would be applying for ALP instead of a work restriction so I would never be found unlawfully carrying a firearm.

Also the officer was extremely easy to get in contact with via e-mail and once he confirmed I had all the necessary paperwork he scheduled me the following day for the application/interview.

so maybe change Lawrence to orange in 4-6 weeks pending my outcome

Last edited:
Stow got its new chief, finally. Sgt. Bosworth, formerly the Acting Chief and licensing officer, got the nod from the Selectmen. Doubt any changes will occur in licensing.

Got mine today. Was issued LTC Class A in Dedham. Restrictions: none

First time applicant. Took 28 days from my application date. Met with the Chief and it was in my hands 7 business days later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom