Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing. The process was painless. I know the Chief is new as of last Fall. I had a really good conversation with him, he was very easy to talk to. No mention of restrictions at all. There were 4 or 5 other licenses ready to be picked up, but I can't speak to what class or restrictions if any they had.

A friend of mine had checked with WPD about six months ago, and at that time he was told only target and hunting unless own a business. I have a client that knows allot of cops,i will reach out to him and see what I can find out. I will post in this thread in a day or so.

Any updates? Thanks btw.

I know Malden is green here, but how is it? I am getting my GF to get her license. She has shot the majority of my guns and I would like her to be armed when shes home alone. Is it the same process in Malden? Fill out app, go for interview?

I know Malden is green here, but how is it? I am getting my GF to get her license. She has shot the majority of my guns and I would like her to be armed when shes home alone. Is it the same process in Malden? Fill out app, go for interview?

from a friend who got his LTC in Malden, they are very straighforward with no gimmicks.

Just received mine in the mail today from Peabody. Took 30 days, but is limited to target and hunting. Was a hassle to get so im not even going to try and see why the restriction. Going out tomorrow to hopefully buy a S&W M&P .40. Would like a Bush AR but will have to save up some for that one after buying the safe.

Which W Town are you asking about?

Any updates? Thanks btw.

Originally Posted by Northman
A friend of mine had checked with WPD about six months ago, and at that time he was told only target and hunting unless own a business. I have a client that knows allot of cops,i will reach out to him and see what I can find out. I will post in this thread in a day or so.

Any updates? Thanks btw.

Any updates? Thanks btw.

Everyone please do us all a favor and state the town. There are too many that start with "W"

Any updates? Thanks btw.

I assumed "WPD" meant Woburn PD in OP's post that I originally quoted.

Everyone please do us all a favor and state the town. There are too many that start with "W"

I just found out the Exam for the WOBURN Police Chief's job isn't until June and on 4-19-2011 they closed registration for applicants. So I imagine the new Chief will not be installed until next winter or fall earliest. Unless he retires before then and they have a Interm Chief.

had my "interview" in Methuen today...quotes meaning it was nothing more than me sitting at the desk while the licensing officer entered the information form my application into her computer. was very non-formal. not one question asked, was in and out in half hour. the paperwork she entered into their computer for the State Police listed the application type as "Class A (High Capacity) For All Lawful Purposes". we'll see what happens...now to begin the waiting game.

was very amused at a document taped to her desk for applicants to read...it was this:

http://www.imagepoop.com/image/1079/IMAO-s-Top-10-Gun-Safety-Tips.html

Last edited:
had my "interview" in Methuen today...quotes meaning it was nothing more than me sitting at the desk while the licensing officer entered the information form my application into her computer. was very non-formal. not one question asked, was in and out in half hour. the paperwork she entered into their computer for the State Police listed the application type as "Class A (High Capacity) For All Lawful Purposes". we'll see what happens...now to begin the waiting game.

was very amused at a document taped to her desk for applicants to read...it was this:

Got a buddy looking to get his in Methuen, currently has a 3 y/o restricted "Sport" license. Love to hear the results of your application when you get them.

AWESOME picture btw!

I am not sure because of how many pages are her but I think we can list LANCASTER as green. I received my LTC in a relatively short time about two weeks with no restrictions. The licensing officer is former state police and she is more than helpful and patient, at least with me she was.

Chelmsford is still green. New applicant and a very quick/pleasant experience with the licensing officer.

4/12 - Dropped off application.
4/18 - Appointment for finger printing and such.
5/18 - Picked up LTC Class A: No Restrictions.

just applied for Class A in Lawrence today

the Lt. was really nice, straight to the point no BS. The LPD site says you need a letter explaining why you need a class A to apply. I went in with a letter from my employer stating that I basically make bank runs w/ large sums of cash. It was completely disregarded and was told I would be applying for ALP instead of a work restriction so I would never be found unlawfully carrying a firearm.

Also the officer was extremely easy to get in contact with via e-mail and once he confirmed I had all the necessary paperwork he scheduled me the following day for the application/interview.

so maybe change Lawrence to orange in 4-6 weeks pending my outcome

Lawrence update,

3 weeks to the day, Class A, Restrictions None

My wife and I both had our "interviews" in Methuen last night. Took a few weeks after the application was sent in due to the fact that they only do their interviews once a week. Licensing officer was very pleasant. Paperwork, prints, Thank you very much and we were done. I recognized the licensing officer as she has been to house before. We were doing some spring yard work and cleaning up leaves across the street from our house in an empty lot when my wife uncovered a gun. She was one of the responding officers. Anyway.........we were told 4 to 6 weeks.

First time ever applying for my LTC and since I recently moved to Hudson Ma. I cant say I was very optimistic. I Waited a little over six weeks after I had my interview and with all the posts about my town I can't say I was very optimistic. Even though it wasnt required I gave them a letter of intent with my application as to why I wanted my class A with no restrictions. Got the call this morning and after signing a form I picked up my class A unrestricted. I am psyched and must say everyone I dealt with in the department was fantastic. Only problem now is what firearm to get first. In my opinion Hudson should be GREEN!!!

We were doing some spring yard work and cleaning up leaves across the street from our house in an empty lot when my wife uncovered a gun. She was one of the responding officers. Anyway.........we were told 4 to 6 weeks.

Remember, abandoned property you find and turn in to the police department is yours after 30 days.

First time ever applying for my LTC and since I recently moved to Hudson Ma. I cant say I was very optimistic. I Waited a little over six weeks after I had my interview and with all the posts about my town I can't say I was very optimistic. Even though it wasnt required I gave them a letter of intent with my application as to why I wanted my class A with no restrictions. Got the call this morning and after signing a form I picked up my class A unrestricted. I am psyched and must say everyone I dealt with in the department was fantastic. Only problem now is what firearm to get first. In my opinion Hudson should be GREEN!!!

Sweet!

Hello I just wanted to share my experience with obtaining my LTC Class A unrestricted license as a new applicant in Holden Ma. It was very smooth and painless. You’re required to take a firearms safety course at their new facility. After the class you’re given an exam on topics discussed and then you’re handed a certificate of completion. You need to set up an appointment with the instructor before leaving to bring in your application. During your appointment they take your photo, fingerprints, application, and application fee (must be exact change) and enter your information into their system. I received my license via mail four weeks later. BTW the officers at Holden station are very nice and easy to talk to. They treated me with respect and were very informative about the whole process. With that said Holden is still green :D

Hello I just wanted to share my experience with obtaining my LTC Class A unrestricted license as a new applicant in Holden Ma. It was very smooth and painless. You’re required to take a firearms safety course at their new facility. After the class you’re given an exam on topics discussed and then you’re handed a certificate of completion. You need to set up an appointment with the instructor before leaving to bring in your application. During your appointment they take your photo, fingerprints, application, and application fee (must be exact change) and enter your information into their system. I received my license via mail four weeks later. BTW the officers at Holden station are very nice and easy to talk to. They treated me with respect and were very informative about the whole process. With that said Holden is still green :D

No wonder Dick Hertz from Holden is sore [wink]

Are you saying that the only way to get an LTC in Holden is by taking the PD class? Will they honor certs from other instructors?

No wonder Dick Hertz from Holden is sore [wink]

Are you saying that the only way to get an LTC in Holden is by taking the PD class? Will they honor certs from other instructors?

They do honor certs from other instructors however I don't know if taking the local PD class makes a difference (prob does who knows). Oh and btw my my dad took the same class with me. His renewal only took about 2.5 weeks or so. We both attended the same class (required even if renewing). We were planning on taking the class elsewhere but Holden offered theirs to residence for $30 which saved us some money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom