Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't have my FID in front of me, but I have all the info on my computer that I copied from it:

It was issued in Framingham in 2011 and says this on it
restrictions: sporting
class A
[laugh2]
Dude, as far as I am aware, there are no "classes" for an FID. But THERE WERE on a LTC. They recently got rid of the "B" Class. Sounds like you already have an LTC A with restrictions.

i don't have my FID in front of me, but I have all the info on my computer that I copied from it:

class A

Really? Are you sure it is an FID? I'm wondering whether you actually have an LTC. If it reads, from top down:

Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Class A Large Capacity
License to Carry Firearms

Then you have an LTC, not an FID.

class A

You have an LTC, not an FID [banghead]

I think the discussion on this topic is done, beyond done in fact. Can we clean up this thread?

I'd say let's keep it. It's important. Imagine if he went and applied for an FID and one of his firearms wasn't FID-legal? Or, if he applied for an LTC and they processed incorrectly as an FID.

I'd say let's keep it. It's important. Imagine if he went and applied for an FID and one of his firearms wasn't FID-legal? Or, if he applied for an LTC and they processed incorrectly as an FID.

I don't see what purpose it serves to keep it. He didn't even know which license/permit he had. Now he knows, and he should go renew what he has.

I was wrong, it is an LTC .. but it has a sporting restriction .. If I apply for unrestricted will it make the process more complicated or will they just issue me another sporting restriction if they feel so inclined ?

I was wrong, it is an LTC .. but it has a sporting restriction .. If I apply for unrestricted will it make the process more complicated or will they just issue me another sporting restriction if they feel so inclined ?

If you apply for unrestricted (which you should), and you are denied, it does not count as a "denial" you have to list in the next renewal application. You will simply be stuck with "sporting" again, for the next 6 years.

If you apply for unrestricted (which you should), and you are denied, it does not count as a "denial" you have to list in the next renewal application. You will simply be stuck with "sporting" again, for the next 6 years.

A better way to state that is "you won't be denied, but you MAY get a restricted LTC."

Dudley is still green at least for renewals. The licensing officer is professional & courteous and for my renewal I had it in under a month.

When you fill out the form for an LTC renewal, if you answer yes to any of the questions you have to provide an explanation. It was more than 30 years ago and I think I listed the name of the town it happened in and the year and some vague details about it. I also said I explained it on the original application .. Although I did not really get into all the details on the original application (4 years ago)

Last edited:
My buddy just applied and they didn't take his picture. They took fingerprints, fee, went over his application and told him he'd be GTG in about a month.

I'm wondering if they're doing all the background first and then have him back in for the photo once approved or if maybe they can pull RMV photos.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Last edited:
Has anyone applied or renewed in Townsend lately? I just went online to download the form for my renewal, and it looks like they don't have designated hours any longer (last time I think it was Tuesday nights and Thursday day, and I went in with my form, waited for my turn for the interview). So, do I just drop off the form and check on my way home, get my receipt and wait for a call for an appointment?

Does anybody know if Fitchburg accepts Hunter Ed Courses for an LTC application? I currently have an FID, and am currently waiting for a call back from the licensing officer. Any recent experience with Fitchburg as well would be appreciated.

Turned in application today. Got receipt and clerk handed the safety certificate back to me and told me to bring it to appointment. Is this normal?

Friend in Medfield took just over 4 months from submission to approval for LTC. Ouch, that's a long time. Was quoted 8 weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom