Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting in many cases "threats" of contacting officials will produce results. How convenient! [thinking]

Yeah, funny how that works, isn't it??

He couldn't get a hold of anyone. Then, he decided to send a 'threatening' email, and BOOM, response in 5 minutes. Makes me sick.

He couldn't get a hold of anyone. Then, he decided to send a 'threatening' email, and BOOM, response in 5 minutes. Makes me sick.

It's not just gov't officials!

I was a member of a Gov't Study Committee in my town and the committee had submitted an article for our local town newspaper. It wasn't published and we were told "they didn't think it was necessary". The local paper was actually owned by the Boston Herald and I had met Pat Purcell (owner) so at the next meeting I asked for the latest copy and I would contact Pat Purcell about the matter. First thing the following morning I had a desperate phone call from the paper editor pleading with me NOT to contact Pat Purcell and she would publish the article in the next edition of the paper.

Amazing how that works, isn't it? [wink]

Nobody wants their bosses (or purse-holders in the case of legistraitors) to be told about a less than stellar performance by their employees!

Last edited:
Has anyone applied in Lowell lately? I applied on 10/10 & am waiting to hear? If you were just approved what did the LPD approve you for?

Lowell is Target & Hunting only. Person I know interviewed on 10-31-13 and told it will take 5-6 months for the license to be issued from that date.

I had a similar experience. It took me 260 days to get someone on the phone who would let me come in and get my photo taken. I sent e-mails to various people and while no one directly referenced them once they finally called me, the calls did come within a couple weeks of sending these e-mails.

New chief in North Reading won't issue class A unrestricted. Only sport and target. My wife was applying and tried to appeal to him and explained her experience in shooting (range, IDPA, defensive shooting classes) and he basically told her "I don't want people carrying guns in North Reading"

time to change NR to RED

New chief in North Reading won't issue class A unrestricted. Only sport and target. My wife was applying and tried to appeal to him and explained her experience in shooting (range, IDPA, defensive shooting classes) and he basically told her "I don't want people carrying guns in North Reading"

time to change NR to RED

Wow, that sucks. Where did the new chief come from? Wonder if he knows that many of us will still carry in his town on our unrestricted LTC's issued elsewhere? [rolleyes]

Last edited:

time to change NR to RED

WTH??? It still amazes me, it really does. [thinking]

time to change NR to RED

Nothing personal but I would like to hear if anyone else is experiencing this before I change them.

Framingham is now issuing restricted only with the possibility of lifting the restriction after a year. Unrestricted renewals will remain unrestricted.

I just realized that my situation is not as dire as I thought. The law states (surprisingly clearly) that if you apply for a renewal prior to the expiration of your license, that the license will be valid up to 90 days after the expiration date. So, since my appointment is 1 month before my expiration date, that gives them 4 months to get me my renewed license. Should be enough time! Besides, I plan on carrying a copy of that law with me at all times once my license expires, since the chance of my renewed license making it to me in less than a month is slim to none.

I just realized that my situation is not as dire as I thought. The law states (surprisingly clearly) that if you apply for a renewal prior to the expiration of your license, that the license will be valid up to 90 days after the expiration date. So, since my appointment is 1 month before my expiration date, that gives them 4 months to get me my renewed license. Should be enough time! Besides, I plan on carrying a copy of that law with me at all times once my license expires, since the chance of my renewed license making it to me in less than a month is slim to none.

That is correct. Get a stamped/dated/signed copy of your renewal application from the LO to carry with you as well, as proof that the grace period applies to you. Only downside is that you still can't buy guns or ammo during that time.

Sherborn should be blue. everyone that I know that applies gets approved I have been in town for 30 years

You mean green?

- - - Updated - - -

Girlfriend just got unrestricted in Springfield MA

This has been a red town for some time, does anyone else have good news from Springfield?

Past 6-7 applicants in New Bedford I know of have been sporting/target and hunting. I'm two years in and was told I could try to get it lifted after a year or two with a letter, needless to say I'm still waiting back for that response.

Shelburne: Just got my LTC-A with no restrictions 3 days ago. It took almost 5 months. On a positive note our Police Chief seems to be very pro 2a. I was a bit surprised how quick and painless the interview was, being Massachusetts I was expecting the 3rd degree. Except for the long wait I thought the experience was really positive.

I know of 3 applicants in the last 6 months, all H&T restrictions. His GF must know someone or have made a very compelling case to the LO.

Or gave him $1,000 reasons to approve unrestricted.

We own a multi family in one of the shittiest areas in Springfield. We've had 4 break-ins and 2 attempted car thefts in 3 years. All handled the old fashioned way :). See my screen name and figure that out.

Anyway, got copies of all those police reports and attached them to her app. The IO still argued that she could defend herself at the house with a T&H restriction and I about near flipped the desk over. He did the right thing and gave her a real permit.

Last edited:
We own a multi family in one of the shittiest areas in Springfield. We've had 4 break-ins and 2 attempted car thefts in 3 years. All handled the old fashioned way :). See my screen name and figure that out.

Anyway, got copies of all those police reports and attached them to her app. The IO still argued that she could defend herself at the house with a T&H restriction and I about near flipped the desk over. He did the right thing and gave her a real permit.

Well done sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom