• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good Bye Rachel robocalls, hopefully forever

I still get the darn solar calls.

Coming from a spoofed "MA Unavailable" #. Very crafty folks. On comcast I go into my account and "screen" those numbers. You can only screen up to 25 numbers though.

Having set up evil call centers at one point in my career, keep in mind that the people working the lines are minimum wage slaves trying to get by. It is a miserable job and most don't last more than a few weeks anyway. Don't hassle those poor slobs it's their bosses you hate. They put the call centers in god awful places with no other jobs around or near colleges with an endless supply of kids in need of a few bucks.

It's even worse now.

They put ads on craigslist offering work at home taking incoming calls. The job is to answer people who "call" you and try to sell them x. The robodialer places a call, and when the person answering presses "1" to talk to a representative, the call is connected to the poor slob who answered the craigslist. He only gets paid if he closes the deal.

All the "boss" does is sets up the dialer, and starts calling people.

No support for Magic Jack [sad2]

They are listed in the provider list, just not shown in the graphics at the top

Thanks for this OP, I still have a landline because I'm in a cell dead zone and the number of robocalls is out of control. Just signed up and will see how it works.

Pic of Rachel
19customer-service6.jpg

Wow, Rachel looks a tad bit different than I imagined. I have young children at home so I need the landline. This is so out of hand; and it can only get worse. I don't know where nomorob acquires their income, but I bet, sure as shite, it will come out of our pockets one way or another. I have to say though, I'm having good results blocking the robodouchbags.

They are listed in the provider list, just not shown in the graphics at the top

Thanks for this OP, I still have a landline because I'm in a cell dead zone and the number of robocalls is out of control. Just signed up and will see how it works.
Yes, they (Magic Jack) are listed in the providers list, but when you select it, the message comes, call you provider and ask to be added to this service. Norobo wants us to convince our provider to allow (pay?) norobo.

My cable bundled land line has no phone, I never answer my cell unless it is a know number to me. If the call is important they will leave a voice mail. What is this having to answer every call? Is it like going to the mail box everyday to get bills and junk mail? This is not the 60's use the technology.

Last edited:
I did this for a while, but after reading the stories of the scammers spoofing caller ID and SWATting the victim, I just hang up.

I had one of them threaten to destroy my credit with false reports. Since he had the wrong name, I wasn't worried.

Didn't think of that. Not worth venting on the poor souls that call. Best to just pick up the phone and hang up or ignore the call and let it go to vm.

Yes, they (Magic Jack) are listed in the providers list, but when you select it, the message comes, call you provider and ask to be added to this service. Norobo wants us to convince our provider to allow (pay?) norobo.
Oops sorry about that, I figured if it was in the drop down menu it was good to go.

Back when I had a land line I didn't even bother listening to the other end. I picked it up and said "Hello" and if there's more than a half second delay before the other person responding, it's not a person and its a robodialer, so you can just hang up on it. It's basically the difference between dealing with a machine and someone halfway through an OODA loop that is prepared to talk to you. If it's a real human they will say something RIGHT AWAY and not after a 1.5-3 second lag. I've never accidentally hung up on someone legitimate using this technique.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom