Gold and silver prices are down

Interesting article by Ted Butler

Interesting article by Ted Butler

The investigation of JP Morgan's silver manipulation got a huge escalation in Feb and March when the government announced it was charging the entire company, and traders have been cooperating with the investigation.

Silver has doubled since. You can see what a free market in silver looks like.

I'll sell you some gold. I picked up a stash south of the border...

Lol:

Although Colombia's central bank may not have sold its gold at the peak, its timing was a lot better than the British government. Between 1999 and 2002, the British government sold 401 tonnes of gold - out of its 715-tonne holding - at an average price of $275 an ounce.

Yeah, like that sort of. I was thinking along the lines of taking a 1oz (or half oz, or 2 oz) bar and working it into something, so that the end result has exactly 1oz of gold in it. Serialized, guaranteed, etc. Maybe cut it to 22 karats so it’s not too soft and make it up in the total weight.

Yeah, like that sort of. I was thinking along the lines of taking a 1oz (or half oz, or 2 oz) bar and working it into something

It's not worth the effort. Get to a local pawn shop, tell him what you want and give him your phone number. Prearrange the spot+ price and do some business.

I once had a need for pure silver in sheet form. I spent 2 days with a manual roller pushing a 999 fine silver eagle around and after 6 hours or so, still had to cut it to size and re-roll it. At the time silver was around 18$ an ounce and I could have bought an ounce sheet 999 fine in the thickness I needed for 24$.

The idea is to end up with a piece of jewelry that doesn’t stray too far from its bullion roots and practicality. Something that you can figure out what it’s worth without weighing it. Something with transferable value that doesn’t require melting it down. Something she wants to wear and he doesn’t mind dipping into his nest egg for - wearable currency.

The idea is to end up with a piece of jewelry that doesn’t stray too far from its bullion roots and practicality. Something that you can figure out what it’s worth without weighing it. Something with transferable value that doesn’t require melting it down. Something she wants to wear and he doesn’t mind dipping into his nest egg for - wearable currency.
The problem is that even at 24K, jewelry and functional/decorative object sell at a deeper discount to the original price that tradition bullion coins and bars.

The problem is that even at 24K, jewelry and functional/decorative object sell at a deeper discount to the original price that tradition bullion coins and bars.
Of course. This was the case when gold was $250 an ounce and I was dabbling in chains back then. If you’re flush with it who cares. Build that golden bidet.

The target market doesn’t worry about such things. If someone is keeping a close eye on the spot price they probably aren’t interested anyway. I’m thinking Newbury St crowd, and guys who might otherwise have a hard time convincing their SOs that stacking gold makes sense.

Weird behavior in gold this morning? Anyone know what's causing the big swings?

View attachment 384169
No big news from the Fed except that which was priced in being the 2% inflation target rise. Still no stimulus but expect something down the pipe when more and more trouble occurs. If gold holds steady at $1915 by tomorrow that may be the base set. It could also trend lower into support at $1875-1850 even.

No big news from the Fed except that which was priced in being the 2% inflation target rise. Still no stimulus but expect something down the pipe when more and more trouble occurs. If gold holds steady at $1915 by tomorrow that may be the base set. It could also trend lower into support at $1875-1850 even.

Any of those gold prices make me happy, honestly. I still believe in gold going forward for many of the reasons stated in this thread. But mostly because of the continued debasing of the US dollar...

:-(

Any of those gold prices make me happy, honestly. I still believe in gold going forward for many of the reasons stated in this thread. But mostly because of the continued debasing of the US dollar...

:-(
All we need is more Fed stimulus and it will no doubt shoot higher. Russia just began enhancing its mining activity to become #2 in gold production, not to sell but to store in their reserve. Even if gold were to drop to the mean base support of mid $1800’s that still portends excellent profits for miners. This is a bull market of a lifetime Rich.

Weird behavior in gold this morning? Anyone know what's causing the big swings?

View attachment 384169

That spike was like 10 minutes into Chairman Powell's speech, when he announced the change from targeting 2% inflation to allowing inflation to go above 2%. Later Powell said something about wanting to raise rates so he can lower them again, so maybe gold didn't like hearing that.

APMEX is getting between $31-$34 for non cull Morgans. I put them on here for $25 or BRO and couldn't even get a nibble. The melt value is almost $21

I've sold to APMEX before. I fully expect them to pay in the area of $20 or less. I didn't want to go the Craigslist route.

I might try some locals. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom