Gold and silver prices are down

Gold is back at $1940 again, which is strong support. Also $1920 and $1900. Even dropping to $1800 would be healthy for the long-term bull market, that might be the best thing. You don't want gold to go straight to $2500 without a good pullback and consolidation. It's a long journey to $5000 gold, you need to take a pit stop now and then.

It may be down, but is there anyone selling even close to spot?

Paper stuff only. You hold the gold, you get the premium.

Varmint said : They might have some kind of automatic price-setting program that just increases the price as their supply drops.

There is something fishy with a 500% premium, I don't care what the auto price increase is. I just figure it is a high graded coin and not marked as so, or a typo for a larger denomination coin. Who here would buy a 2020 1/10 Oz BU ungraded coin for 1300$+ ?

Last edited:

There is something fishy with a 500% premium, I don't care what the auto price increase is. I just figure it is a high graded coin and not marked as so, or a typo for a larger denomination coin. Who here would buy a 2020 1/10 Oz BU ungraded coin for 1300$+ ?

Isn't that price for 5 of them?

I'm seeing $282.

Gold is back at $1940 again, which is strong support. Also $1920 and $1900. Even dropping to $1800 would be healthy for the long-term bull market, that might be the best thing. You don't want gold to go straight to $2500 without a good pullback and consolidation. It's a long journey to $5000 gold, you need to take a pit stop now and then.
I ask this because you're foreseeing price changes that I am not able to foresee...What kind of timeline do you see for $5,000 gold?

I ask this because you're foreseeing price changes that I am not able to foresee...What kind of timeline do you see for $5,000 gold?

My prediction is that the Fed won't be able to cut back on the QE - because every time they've tried to do that in the last few years, the stock market has started to crash. And government is going to not only keep doing stimulus, they're going to try to bail out all the states and cities. So we're talking 10s of trillions of Fed and government stimulus with no end until they crash the dollar.

So my prediction of a peak of $5000 gold is really just a wild guess, cause how do you price gold in worthless dollars?

Anyway, I think gold could hit $2400-2500 this year, and $5000 next year. And it won't matter if they have a cure for Covid - the real issue is the debt explosion, and a Covid cure won't fix that. You'll get a temporary drop in gold until people realize the Fed and government can't stop the printing.

My prediction is that the Fed won't be able to cut back on the QE - because every time they've tried to do that in the last few years, the stock market has started to crash. And government is going to not only keep doing stimulus, they're going to try to bail out all the states and cities. So we're talking 10s of trillions of Fed and government stimulus with no end until they crash the dollar.

So my prediction of a peak of $5000 gold is really just a wild guess, cause how do you price gold in worthless dollars?

Anyway, I think gold could hit $2400-2500 this year, and $5000 next year. And it won't matter if they have a cure for Covid - the real issue is the debt explosion, and a Covid cure won't fix that. You'll get a temporary drop in gold until people realize the Fed and government can't stop the printing.
What’s happens when there is too much of something. Usually you throw it away. Fiat for compost?
1CC09BE6-9DE5-429B-B3DA-C13EAFFB511A.jpeg

I'm curious about this as well, cause when it hits $5K what does $5K buy you at that time? A gallon of milk and a loaf of bread?

I've been trying to wrap my head around asset values vs inflation to best position myself for the future. Volatility creates opportunity if you know how to exploit it, just trying to figure out how to do that.

Just guard your wheel barrow when you bring all of those dollars to market to buy a loaf of bread.
I control markets every trade. Heck, I can buy 10 shares of XYZ and it will drop about 70% in the next 15 minutes. Same when I sell. The share price will double after I get confirmation of my trade. I guess it's a gift!

I'm curious about this as well, cause when it hits $5K what does $5K buy you at that time? A gallon of milk and a loaf of bread?

I've been trying to wrap my head around asset values vs inflation to best position myself for the future. Volatility creates opportunity if you know how to exploit it, just trying to figure out how to do that.

$5000 gold assumes no significant CPI inflation - if we get that, it'll just add onto the price of gold. I think this gold rally will reach its conclusion long before we have runaway inflation in consumer goods. i.e. there will be a global currency reset before we see anything resembling Weimar Germany. Every major currency is being printed as fast as the dollar, except the Ruble.

Last edited:
Made my gold and silver purchases and was charged tax. Even with the tax it was still less than other places.

Ebay purchase? For comparison, I just bought a gold Eagle coin off APMEX, it was priced about $100. over spot (cost me ~$2060). To pay for it, if I used a CC, it would be $100. more. No increased charge if I wired the money, which I did. Visited my bank and they charged me $30. for the wire. That is a lot for a single coin, but I'm doing this exercise just to see how everything goes. Bank visit was quick/painless, had to do it as they don't offer wiring online. So this went smooth so far. The wire charge is not so bad for a larger purchase, but I'll see what gold does. Also, now I know the Au cost, I may look at local dealers for comparison, though I am always nervous about fraud, which I assume I need not be with APMEX.

Had a 2 second heart attack today.

Asked my wife if she got the mail yesterday. She says yes....

I check my tracking and it says my gold and silver has been delivered to an "individual".

I'm like, "oh crap"! Run to the mail box and there it was..... Phewwww.

I yell at the wife.... She tells me no nookie for a week....

Well, at least I got my gold and silver.

0823201525.jpg

Back
Top Bottom