Going rate for Pre-Ban AR15 Mags

I haven't bought any for a while but it was usually cheaper buying them from someone out of state. AR15.com has had good deals in their classifieds. I remember buying a few for between 10-15$ a piece a while back. I don't think I've paid more than $20 for a mag and that was probably at a local store. It just seems wrong buying a really well worn mag for $20+. I think I did buy a few refinished ones from someone on here for about $20 each but they had new coatings and magpul followers in them.

Personally I think anything over $20 is ridiculous. Many will disagree. My philosophy is that if theyre are cheaper ones available, they're not worth $30 bucks. I cant stand the fact that things are more expensive just because its MA. Because of this, I own fewer preban mags. but Id rather hold out and find them for 15-20 each, than 35-40 from the people looking to take advantage

Anything over about $20 is rape unless they're refinished or something that adds value.

-Mike

This,.....well in MA your going to pay 25$ or more. Troll all the other forums.
Sadly my favorite vendor passed away few years ago. He had great prices and his main business was preban mags. He also new our laws and did not have inflated prices selling to us.
When I bought my used mags just before Sandy hook they where 13.50 each shipped by the box of 20. He had new in the wrap for 16$. He flat out told me you won't find any "collectable" mags from him. Just functional used surplus mags.

That said I find it pretty funny every time I go into LGS they only have one or two mags in the case.

Look hard you will find decent prices on good mags.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom