• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL Response To AG Healey’s Actions - Rally Sat 7/23 @ 10:00 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see the kid walking around offering donuts to everyone? He was shouting "free loopholes here". LOL it was awesome. What a great turn out today. Everyone needs to stay active and at the ready.

Yeah, that was hilarious!!![lol]

This rally was invigorating to say the least. Now we know that when we show up we SHOW up. November 8th is definitely the day to really show up.

Man, I'm like Mr Magoo when it comes to getting around Boston. It might sound funny to those that live close to the city. But I have no clue where to park or even if taking the T works for me. From S. Worc. County. Love to be there. Perhaps some more info would help us Mass rednecks out.

We made it!!!
A little late but still added to the crowd.
Ended up parking under the Boston Common.
I'll post some pictures later.(In the Rally picture thread) We just got back about an hour ago.

Last edited:
Thanks to all that came out

I was the one in the "Armed Gays Don't Get Bashed" shirt with the "What you Tolerate you Validate" poster (thanks Scrivener; a shame you were gone before I joined the forum!)

We can't just rest on this, guys. Keep in touch with your reps; they work for us, not the other way around.

Last edited:

I was the one in the "Armed Gays Don't Get Bashed" shirt with the "What you Tolerate you Validate" poster (thanks Scrivener; a shame you were gone before I joined the forum!)

We can't just rest on this, guys. Keep in touch with your reps; the work for us, not the other way around.
Yep, remember seeing you. Loved the shirt.

Glad I went, here are some thoughts, observations, and a crappy video showing the turnout.

Five minutes in front of the podium sent me scrambling across the street for a spot in the shade. Too old and fat for that kind of heat.

The guys from a North Shore gun shop were in front of me, I thought I heard them say that that the AG is going after every gun shop that sold on Wednesday. If true, that word needs to get out.

I asked the owner about the AG's hotline, he said "You mean the one where no one picks up the phone?"

At one point Jim Wallace asked everyone to move forward (which everyone immediately did), the police were trying to keep one lane open. "We don't want to be like some protests that block ambulances and emergency vehicles."

Anne Gobi means well, but her speech asking the AG to "work with us" makes me wonder what's going to get horsetraded away. Maybe if we're all good little children we'll get to keep our Ruger 10/22's.

I liked the senator that said he sat through twelve straight hours of public hearings for the gun law that just passed, "and where was Maura Healey then?"

Tie for the best sign between "Heil Healy" and "Army Vet, Bronze Star, (missed this part, someone post the picture), Felon?"

I'm kicking my ass for not buying SKS Ray's Model D when he had it outside the Marlboro gun show.

[video=dailymotion;x4ll49s]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4ll49s_goal-statehouse-rally-07-23-2016_news[/video]

Open carry banana man won the day.

Either him or the "Throw Maura in the Hawbah! She drinks tea, and likes Nickleback!" guy. He had my daughters chanting "Throw Maura in the Hawbah!"

- - - Updated - - -

No media coverage...wtf

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Some lady from the Glob showed up, at almost 1:30 and was asking questions. I'm sure it will be in the fishwrap tomorrow as "300 rednecks show up at statehouse" or sumsuch.

We can't just rest on this, guys. Keep in touch with your reps; they work for us, not the other way around.

Great shirt and sign. I was hoping to see the LGBT Gadsden flag at the rally. We need to shatter the myths people have about gun owners and show them that gun owners don't always fit the media stereotypes.

I was there from 10 to a little after 11, great crowd--it got the attention of lots of tourists and passerby too, many of whom stopped and asked questions. I was standing near a gentleman who explained very eloquently to a German tourist what we were rallying for; it seemed that it made an impression on her, especially considering what's going on in that country right now. If that gentleman is here on NES, major rep points to you![thumbsup]

The wife and I spoke to a German couple who were their with their mid teen son. They seemed very interested and wished us luck.

Tie for the best sign between "Heil Healy" and "Army Vet, Bronze Star, (missed this part, someone post the picture), Felon?"

you mean this? This guy was carrying this sign...

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Glad to have briefly met you. I was this guy:

d76cb36c9fc77c5d83093b9ed9345869.jpg

NECN said thousands of protesters...some good camera shots. Made it look like more that were there. CH5 Said Hundreds and gave some ok reporting. No one calling us Gun Nuts.

Check out the panaramic photo posted by 'dragonballzz' in post # 122 of the thread below. Gives one a good idea of the size of the crowd. Don't believe that crap in the media about 'hundreds' of people being there. Was clearly over 1,000!

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/314243-Put-Your-Rally-Photos-Here/page13

Check out the panaramic photo posted by 'dragonballzz' in post # 122 of the thread below. Gives one a good idea of the size of the crowd. Don't believe that crap in the media about 'hundreds' of people being there. Was clearly over 1,000!

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/314243-Put-Your-Rally-Photos-Here/page13

BPD estimated 5,000

Channel 5's flyover was either long before or long after the peak. They made it look like a handful of lost tourists.

Send all the news stations better photos, video and more accurate information if you have it. Tell them their competitors are also receiving it.

I'm kind of surprised that there are so few photos, every rally it's either every second person has a cam or very few.

Big props to whoever was the guy with Mass plates, driving the trailer with generator and a sign ... outstanding, thank you Sir!

We found a Unix admin guy who is not on NES ... [rolleyes] and also I know that more than one person had some physical challenge walking/standing and they still showed up. Before people call to come to the state house with rifles, let's practice just coming to the state house. Thank you for everyone who supported this rally one way or another!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom