Votes: 12 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Maybe, on different dates

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
Well, dates have been finalized. It's going to be held Memorial Day Weekend. 27 through 29 May.

Camping will be announced, but probably be River's Bend Campground, just north of Middlebury, VT. I figure this will be better than primitive camping for some folks. Decent motels are nearby for those who don't camp. Contact me for a list.

Shooting to be at Spark's Pit in the Green Mountain National Forest. The range is nothing fancy, and has NO facilities.

We'll have to hold Adam to it, since there'll definitely be some "Non-PC" (but legal) firearms, both newer and older there.

I just got in 32 pounds of rifle powder yesterday, and am working on making up enough 5.56 NATO, 7.62 NATO and .30 M2 ball ammo.

C-pher said:
Yea, right...but you couldn't come to the St. Patty's day thing???
Yeah, yeah, yeah... If she didn't ALREADY make plans for us to have my mother over for dinner and drinks, then I would have gone!

Adam

Patrick and I really wanted to join you guys, but it's the same weekend as the Hanson MG shoot. We're already commited to stuff magazines over there.

So have fun wish we could have made it [sad2]

Adam_MA said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah... If she didn't ALREADY make plans for us to have my mother over for dinner and drinks, then I would have gone!

Adam

I thought that you could tell her what's what! [smile]

Hell, I already know that I can't do that....

Well, I can, as long as I don't mind sleeping on the couch...or at Colin's.

As the song says, "I'm the man of the house....when you're not around."

SR, you and Pat will be missed.

But, this one may happen again, and there will be an Appleseed shoot in the Rutland area sometime in the future (lots to work out for this one).

Adam, just tell Kim there's some nice shopping up here. Bring $, lots of $. Especially if she likes Antiques.

Nickle said:
SR, you and Pat will be missed.

But, this one may happen again, and there will be an Appleseed shoot in the Rutland area sometime in the future (lots to work out for this one).
Thanks Nickle. I really was looking forward to the campout. Hopefully there will be more than one this season.

Nickle said:
Adam, just tell Kim there's some nice shopping up here. Bring $, lots of $. Especially if she likes Antiques.

You kidding me? I'm gonna see about working it out so I can come alone! Well, me, my guns, and ammo of course!

Adam

Well, either way, make sure to get your butt up here. Don't forget, Otter Creek Brewery is nearby.

And, for anyone interested, we can run a 25 Meter Rifle Course (AQT). For those of you that read Fred's (M14 Stocks) Columns in SGN, these are the same.

Nickle said:
And, for anyone interested, we can run a 25 Meter Rifle Course (AQT). For those of you that read Fred's (M14 Stocks) Columns in SGN, these are the same.

And for those of us who don't, what is it?

Not sure yet about attendance - I might be going to Hanson with a friend instead. Also I'll have to try and see if I can lure TLK up this time. Just nobody mention what Garands cost to her, OK? [smile] 'Cause I should have mine by then.

Unfortunately Ann and I won't be able to make it. We'll either be canoe or kayak camping in Northern Maine. I haven't been to that part of VT. since I was a little kid. I'd love to see it again. Oh well, maybe next time.

If this is at that campground, and I can't convince my better half to come, anybody want to be the second adult with me to split the $35 x 3-day grounds fee? All I have is a tiny one-man bivy and a big backpack and some rifles, so I don't take up much real estate. No, we're not sharing the bivy.

Hey Breid, do you know where that gravel pit is? Some of us will be up there before May.

Oh, and I do talk to the Forest Service people from time to time. Never hurts.

Last edited:
Nickle,

I know the site. I was going to post a map as an attachment but that is not in my permissions.

The location is on a forest road about 3 miles northeast of Ripton.

Back
Top Bottom