Gmconn Amazon cheap Chinese lights

why purposely buy anything from China? Knock it off.

There is a lot of good stuff from china, for example, Holosun. And there arent any analogs for their poducts (like if Aimpoint made a PRO with a circle dot reticle, id buy it )

For a flashlight though, a gun mounted one? I would start with streamlight or surefire. Streamlight doesnt make all its shit in the US but at least its a US
company.

The issue isn't the body or the led or the battery. What usually fails is the push switch or the board. And it doesn't seem that any brand is immune. I have a no name gun show light that I dropped in the engine bay and hit the spining fan blade. It still worked fine. But eventually the tail cap switch fell apart.

The issue isn't the body or the led or the battery. What usually fails is the push switch or the board. And it doesn't seem that any brand is immune. I have a no name gun show light that I dropped in the engine bay and hit the spining fan blade. It still worked fine. But eventually the tail cap switch fell apart.

And on the better chinese brands like Fenix, you can get those parts for short money.

An older friend of mine has a PD35 he has probably used since they came out. It looks like it has been run over by a truck about 30 times. The tailcap switch still worked but eventually became unreliable. He got a new switch for it from them somehow, its back to normal (other than it looking like it run over by truck. And this is a guy who literally uses the thing 3-6 times a day, EVERY day, because adding light helps his vision when reading things etc.

I have a bunch of Streamlights. The TLR1, 2 and 7s on various pistols with rail. Just missing a light on one I never really shoot (FNX9) and thought to put something on the rail cause when you see a pistol with a rail, something's gotta be on it, right? Yeah Streamlights are also made in China so badddd. But look at Surefire's lights - they're only assembled together with American hands but they import the parts from overseas? Chinese parts? Like how the Mossberg Maverick 88 is actually Mexican parts assembled right over the border here in Eagle Pass. At what point does a flashlight truly be "American"?

Surefire is the high end outlier. Part of their price is kewl kid branding but the other 50% of it is they get new customers when people bought lots of cheaper shit that
failed. Eventually people get sick of dealing with bullshit that doesnt work and they go to the most established standard. At least its not devoid of substance to back up
the branding.

Look at the disparity between even this junk and say even Olight or other established chinese brands. This stuff is coming in at less than 50% of the price of their stuff. thats immediately suspect in my book. that means they're either stealing shit, cutting corners, not supporting product, likely all three.

Also if they were really that "low tech" to make what I would call a "critically reliable flashlight, " then they all would be really cheap. That obviously is not the case. Also surefire would have gone out of business a long time ago. It's obvious that theres a quality curve or engineering challenges in play.
Olight used to send me a ton of crap in exchange for a review online here and there. Even with them, the quality control wasn’t 100%.

Out of maybe 30 or so lights they sent me, maybe 5 randomly stopped working early in the game. Batteries wouldn’t charge or they would just fail under normal use.

If I was a poor, I would probably go with Olight but use it for a while before I put it in my GHB or whatever. Streamlight is the next best option and of course Surefire is the gold standard.

I have a bunch of Streamlights. The TLR1, 2 and 7s on various pistols with rail. Just missing a light on one I never really shoot (FNX9) and thought to put something on the rail cause when you see a pistol with a rail, something's gotta be on it, right? Yeah Streamlights are also made in China so badddd. But look at Surefire's lights - they're only assembled together with American hands but they import the parts from overseas? Chinese parts? Like how the Mossberg Maverick 88 is actually Mexican parts assembled right over the border here in Eagle Pass. At what point does a flashlight truly be "American"?

Whu- if you never really shoot it, whys it need a light? [laugh] Why can't you just move another non junk light to that gun if its in use? It aint like a
scope or something that needs zeroing.

/boggle I think I seen it all now. 14/10 skinflint rating

WAT

I cant even

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAYeJgRfhV4

Whu- if you never really shoot it, whys it need a light? [laugh] Why can't you just move another non junk light to that gun if its in use? It aint like a
scope or something that needs zeroing.

/boggle I think I seen it all now. 14/10 skinflint rating

WAT

I cant even

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAYeJgRfhV4

Cozzz zombies an shiet. Gotta have the guns to give to friends to use right lol. Night vision.

I wanna see that cheap light on one of your HKs!! USP tactical, preferably!!

Lol when the specification for
MTBF = "who cares?"
you can cut costs on nearly anything
that doesn't mean its some advancement in engineering or something. [rofl]
Dig the Hint about "Fixing Alligator Clip Test Leads"
on p. 31 of the May/Jun'22 issue of ARRL "On The Air":

Most hams have sets of cheap test leads like the​
ones shown in Figure 3. After a while, however,​
they can become faulty. ...​

Which is total crap.

Most test leads in those sets arrive from the factory
with intermittent connections, cold solder joints,
crimps on completely unstripped wire, etc, etc...

They should sell those as "learn-to-solder kits".
Because in order to get them to work,
you have to rework both ends of every lead in the bundle.

Anyone have experience with these ultra cheap weaponlights? Good for secondary nightstand gun, would you trust it? Yeah yeah it's Chinese made so thumbs down but how can you really F up making a CNC aluminum flashlight host with a drop in Cree LED? Is it really worth paying $400 for a made in USA (with foreign sourced parts) Surefire?

Gmconn Tactical Flashlight Pistol Light Rail Mounted 600 Lumens Small Size Weapon Lights with Strobe Function for Handgun Fits Picatinny MIL-STD-1913 (Black) Amazon product ASIN B09LM3YWYZView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LM3YWYZ/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_PM55GEVVRPJC60VJVT8H?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I see no reason to panic. They use a cr123 battery to power that thing.
Buy proper ones, do not use one it came with and nothing should burst into flames.

It is probably weak as a light, but will most likely work.

There is a lot of good stuff from china, for example, Holosun. And there arent any analogs for their poducts (like if Aimpoint made a PRO with a circle dot reticle, id buy it )

For a flashlight though, a gun mounted one? I would start with streamlight or surefire. Streamlight doesnt make all its shit in the US but at least its a US
company.
More on principal than quality....I really try not to contribute to that garbage country's economy.

More on principal than quality....I really try not to contribute to that garbage country's economy.
But Streamlight = OK? What phone do you use? Are there any modern phones that aren't made in China? Samsungs are made in China lol. At some point you can't avoid it.

But Streamlight = OK? What phone do you use? Are there any modern phones that aren't made in China? Samsungs are made in China lol. At some point you can't avoid it.

Yes but the profit is largely realized by the mothership.

That's why I said "try". I don't go out of my way to skinflint and bring chinesium into my house. Yes, sometimes there are not viable alternatives.

The back of my Galaxy says "manufactured in Vietnam". If everyone tried to eliminate 10% of the chinesium they buy it would hurt those commie f*** bags.

You rang?
They’re a lot cooler when they have the threaded barrel.

But I guess I’ll wait till I own one myself to really bust your balls!! I’ve got a few rounds through that gun, never owned one.

They’re a lot cooler when they have the threaded barrel.

But I guess I’ll wait till I own one myself to really bust your balls!! I’ve got a few rounds through that gun, never owned one.
Too bad can't carry pistols with threaded barrels in CT - considered an assault pistol.

That works until you need to move fast away from the outlet. Then it's like one of those old Charlie Chapman films where you get yoinked off your feet.
Lol. 50-ft extension cord and it pairs well with a home defense shotgun... [rofl]

Officer: Why is there a hole in your wall here?
Me: It's 51ft from the power outlet.
Officer: What in the Wide Wide World of Sports does that have to do with anything?

I've been thinking about updating...

1652646146555.png

Too bad can't carry pistols with threaded barrels in CT - considered an assault pistol.
My condolences. I probably wouldn’t carry a threaded barrel pistol cc either. Just swap in threaded barrel when needed.

Unless it was say a USP tactical that came with the threaded barrel, in which case it would be sacrilege to remove that threaded barrel from the gun!

My condolences. I probably wouldn’t carry a threaded barrel pistol cc either. Just swap in threaded barrel when needed.

Unless it was say a USP tactical that came with the threaded barrel, in which case it would be sacrilege to remove that threaded barrel from the gun!
It's brilliant by design. MA = no suppressors 4 u. CT = suppressors are OK. Awesome! Can you thread them onto a pistol? ASSAULT WEAPON! NO. You'd have to get one of those quick detach three lug things and have that permanently pin/welded to the pistol barrel. Full retard it is not. Pure brilliance of the lawmakers.

It's brilliant by design. MA = no suppressors 4 u. CT = suppressors are OK. Awesome! Can you thread them onto a pistol? ASSAULT WEAPON! NO. You'd have to get one of those quick detach three lug things and have that permanently pin/welded to the pistol barrel. Full retard it is not. Pure brilliance of the lawmakers.
Or evil.

Back
Top Bottom