Glock trigger jobs

So I'm looking into some new trigger job parts for my G19. I've checked out the "$.25 trigger job" but am wondering what connectors and springs anyone else is using/recommends (Sherrer, Ghost?). Thanks!

I did the $.25 'trigger job' on my G19. It's really easy and the important thing to remember is NOT to go too far--just do a little polishing with some mag cleaner on a q tip then buff away by hand with a cotton rag. No dremel, no grinding, no filing, just shine the friction points, clean, then spray some CLP on. I'm no Glock-xpert but for me it's as good as it's ever going to get. Google $.25 trigger job for the photos of the exact locations and more info.

i have the 3.5lb connector but i really dont see the need for it. the glock comes with a 5.5 ,, ,and unless you are a national tournament your not going to know the difference. im keeping it as a back-up part.

So I'm looking into some new trigger job parts for my G19. I've checked out the "$.25 trigger job" but am wondering what connectors and springs anyone else is using/recommends (Sherrer, Ghost?). Thanks!

I would first ask what you are planning to do with the G19? Is it a carry gun? Or for personal protection in your home or work? If so consider leaving it alone and just shoot it a lot.

If it's a range or competition gun you have a few options. You can jump in on the expensive end and drop in a Vanek Custom Trigger kit for about $125. Or you can take the more reasonable approach and just replace the connector with a 3.5lb from almost anyone who makes them. I like Lone Wolf model because it's polished but they are all good. Then get the Wolff competition spring kit for about $10 and you are pretty much all done.

The $.25 trigger job is also a good idea, but I like the following info I found yesterday on the Brian Enos website even better as there is less chance to screw something up. You can check it out here:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=87747

BTW, there is a world of difference between a stock Glock with 5 lb connector and one that has a 3.5 lb connector and Wolff competition spring kit installed.

Good luck,
-Cuz.

so after my last reply, my curiousity and boredome got the best of me and i installed the new connector. i was really suprised at how much of a differance it made. i cant wait to try it out tommorow and will most likely be ordering the spring kit soon. thanks for setting me straight on this one

The gun will be used for carry/home defense, so I probably don't want springs (I think) but am attempting to decide on a 3.5 connector. What set ups does anyone else have? Lone Wolf is spoken for, what about Sherrer, Ghost or Glocks OE con?

I did my own trigger job on my G34.
it comes with a 3.5 pound connector.
I polished everything with a dremel.
I modified the trigger spring as well.
I cut a few coils off the firing pin spring.
I have 3-4000 rounds through it no issues.

I have not modified my carry G26 (aside from polishing it with a buffing wheel on a dremel)

The gun will be used for carry/home defense, so I probably don't want springs (I think) but am attempting to decide on a 3.5 connector. What set ups does anyone else have? Lone Wolf is spoken for, what about Sherrer, Ghost or Glocks OE con?

cheap and easy glock trigger job is the 3.5lb connector with the 10lb "New York" trigger spring.

keeps the ~ 5.5lb stock pull, with a slightly shorter reset.

the Ghost Tactical 4.5lb setup is rather nice too (buddy of mine has one on his G23).

my 19 is bone stock (aside from a bit of file and stone work a buddy of mine did when i first got it to shorten the reset). i've replaced a part or two here and there simply because they were rather worn (plunger, and recoil spring)...but nothing else has been required.

cheap and easy glock trigger job is the 3.5lb connector with the 10lb "New York" trigger spring.

keeps the ~ 5.5lb stock pull, with a slightly shorter reset.

the Ghost Tactical 4.5lb setup is rather nice too (buddy of mine has one on his G23).

How easy or hard is it to put one of these in myself?

I did my own trigger job on my G34.
it comes with a 3.5 pound connector.
I polished everything with a dremel.
I modified the trigger spring as well.
I cut a few coils off the firing pin spring.
I have 3-4000 rounds through it no issues.

I have not modified my carry G26 (aside from polishing it with a buffing wheel on a dremel)

It is not a good idea to cut coils off of the striker spring; better to get a reduced power spring from Wolff. While you at it, get an extra power trigger spring. Short money, good results.

How easy or hard is it to put one of these in myself?

Will take about 10 minutes the first time because you are going slow and checking everything out. After that, under 3 minutes from start to finish. When selling my G-19 the buyer was trying out the gun at the range. I asked if he wanted to try it with the 3.5 in it.

Did it right there on the table.

I've use some ghost products in the past and imho are junk, the .3.5 connector and .25 trigger job doesn't do much so if you want to really change your trigger go to vanek or my preference a glockworks kit.

I was lookin at THIS

and this is a total waste of time and money

Glock does not recommend polishing any of the internal parts, cutting springs or anything like that. id hate to see you guys send your glock in for a refurb only to have it sent home with a voided warranty when they see all the custom shit youve done to it.

Glock does not recommend polishing any of the internal parts, cutting springs or anything like that. id hate to see you guys send your glock in for a refurb only to have it sent home with a voided warranty when they see all the custom shit youve done to it.

glock also does not recommend a detail strip...

One thing to keep in mind. You can do whatever you want to your Glock (as long as it doesn't render the pistol unsafe), just use new parts and save the old. If you have to return the pistol for warrantee work; just replace the original parts.

so confused... so many options and so many opinions.

It depends what your using the gun for...if it's competition/target you want the 3.5# ghost or similar connector installed, or polish the connector, etc...

If it's a carry gun, look into doing the 3.5# connector with a 10# NY trigger spring. It will give you a stock trigger that's less sloppy than the standard.
(I did this on my 30SF)

You can download an armorer's manual online, or just go to youtube and there are video's on how to detail strip a glock. It's very easy to do all by yourself. I've never pulled a glock totally apart before I did my 30SF and it took me 15 minutes to do the carry trigger job.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom