• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock to release new 10rd G43x.

Very excited about this!!!

A couple extra rounds that are held within the grip is better than a mag extension on a G43.

I think this gun will be a great trade off between a 15 round G19 and a MUCH slimmer frame.

Of course, wait at least 6 months after they get the kinks out of this new model.

BUT... then again the G43 is SO small!!! I can't decide!!!

Gen 5 G19 = 34mm wide, due to the flared magwell I think. Gen 4 is 32mm wide.

If the G43x has a flared magwell and is 30mm wide, it's like 4mm narrower than G19.
The G43 is not flared.

I think the G43X will not be flared either.

I'm just not sure if the added length of the grip (prints more) is worth 3 extra rounds. I carry 7 with my Taran Tactical +2's. One less than the max of 8.

Due to the increased thickness compared to the G43 - this G43X could be considered a brand new gun. With all the trouble that can come with an untested new model.

I'm sort of hoping they mate a G43 top-end with a G17 frame but only offer it in 454 Casull. That's my ideal Glock. LOL

Definitely a reaction to the 365. The best bet would be to reformat their double-stack to be slightly thinner and go head-to-head. But that will take a few years, I suspect.

Why didn't they just follow the G19X strategy of just making the existing grip longer instead of making it longer AND wider? Defeats the entire purpose of the G43 in the first place--a thinner single stack pistol that will print less. I get that they want to combat the P365, but they are going about it by just making their offering bigger instead of figuring out how to keep it the same size and upping capacity.

Still, the final call won't be until you get your mitts on it. Maybe a few MM thinner than a G19/G26 makes a real world difference. I suppose they didn't really have to make the slide any wider either to get this result.

I don't think that's for me.

I carry a G43 pretty much daily. Pearce +1 extender gives me the pinky grip I need and 7+1 in the first mag and 7 in my spare mag plus excellent concealability. I don't like the feel of the G19 or the G26. They just don't fit my hand well.

When I want a larger Glock 'cause I don't have to conceal it, I go to one of my G17's, or sometimes my G34 on the range.

I suspect that this new G43X will fit my hand just as well as the G43, but won't conceal as well as the 43.

And a year from now I'll probably own one because like Roland/Stu said: "Koolaid"... <sigh>.

It’s thinner and has a better grip.

I have a Glock 26 and the damn thing is so fat it is hard for me to conceal. This will be closer to a Kahr K9 in size.

but it's only 1mm thinner than a 26 (or 19) 1mm is like 1/32" (5/128" if you want to get pedantic)

Assuming you believe the G43X is "4mm wider than a G43"

The 43X is 1/4" shorter than a 26, but the grip is 2mm longer.

Width length height
G43 27mm 159mm 108mm
G43X 31mm 159mm 123mm
G26 32mm 165mm 106mm
G19 32mm 187mm 128mm

This seems like a solution in search of a problem.

For those with smaller hands, the G43X might be a good option. However, like most things, there are going to be trade-offs.

The G43X will have a much longer grip height than the G26. The only way to squeeze 10 rounds into a double stack while slightly increasing the grip width is to lengthen the grip. I find longer grip heights are more of a problem to conceal than a slightly wider gun. I can pocket carry a G27 (same size as G26) easily during 3/4 of a year, excluding warm weather. I can't easily pocket carry a G23 or G19.

A G26 can also use standard mags used in the G17 and G19. The G43X will not have this ability.

IMO, the G43X will be competing against the G26 in the Glock line-up, so G43X sales might increase at the expense of a decline in sales of the G26, so it still appears to be a wash for Glock if someone is determined to buy a Glock.

but it's only 1mm thinner than a 26 (or 19) 1mm is like 1/32" (5/128" if you want to get pedantic)

Assuming you believe the G43X is "4mm wider than a G43"

The 43X is 1/4" shorter than a 26, but the grip is 2mm longer.

Width length height
G43 27mm 159mm 108mm
G43X 31mm 159mm 123mm
G26 32mm 165mm 106mm
G19 32mm 187mm 128mm

This seems like a solution in search of a problem.
A couple mm isn't much but it makes a difference to the person who wants a gun to fit their hand dimensions perfectly. Maybe not enough to replace your carry gun but one will definitely be better preferable an individual buying their first.

The bigger issue for me with a G26/42/43 is that partial grip requiring a mag extension. I hate the lack of surface to grip on an already tiny gun. But add the extension and it bites your finger all day at the range. Tap and rack also impales my palm on those tapered Pearce extensions. Most of all you gotta stick your little finger out during mag change like it's teatime.

main-qimg-154f37a84333679491fa6e1086e5ea17

Here
For those with smaller hands, the G43X might be a good option. However, like most things, there are going to be trade-offs.

The G43X will have a much longer grip height than the G26. The only way to squeeze 10 rounds into a double stack while slightly increasing the grip width is to lengthen the grip. I find longer grip heights are more of a problem to conceal than a slightly wider gun. I can pocket carry a G27 (same size as G26) easily during 3/4 of a year, excluding warm weather. I can't easily pocket carry a G23 or G19.

A G26 can also use standard mags used in the G17 and G19. The G43X will not have this ability.

IMO, the G43X will be competing against the G26 in the Glock line-up, so G43X sales might increase at the expense of a decline in sales of the G26, so it still appears to be a wash for Glock if someone is determined to buy a Glock.

P365 is about the same height as the standard G43 and managed to squeeze in 10 rds.

Here

P365 is about the same height as the standard G43 and managed to squeeze in 10 rds.

No one said that it couldn't be done. The remark was made in reference to the article whereby Glock stated it had to lengthen the height of the G43X another 15mm (0.59") to reach the double stack 10 round capacity using that particular platform. Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe the G43X is a good idea since I can't shoot a G26/27 without a Pearce mag extension on it (hand is too big), but the G43X still cannot use standard G17/19 mags like the G26/27. You're also making me want to try out the P365 again. [laugh]

Only on NES could there be a debate about the size of a gun that isn't known or released yet. [smile]

Interesting. Not a bad idea, not a great idea.
It's literally the least they could do, but in the case of Glocks, I generally think that is the best way to go.
Will be curious if they add any other functionality. If they added some sort of capability for mounting adding a light (even a proprietary mount), it would be a giant step up.

Back
Top Bottom