Glock to release new 10rd G43x.

Anyone buying a G43X? I realized it’s just a narrow G19 grip, unless it feels significantly better in hand than a G19 I’ll probably pass.

I got a chance to check out the G43X yesterday and I can tell you 100% the upper from a G43 will fit on the G43X frame without any issues.

I currently have the G43 with +2 TT mag extensions and it is the same profile as the G43X. Width wise, the G43X is slightly wider grip. I also have a TLR-6 on the G43 and it will also fit the G43X frame.

I hope this helps some of you, if were are on the fence about the new G43X.

For those who weren't so hot on the two-tone (me) combination, future plan is to source a G43X frame when the demand goes down.

Stateline in Plaistow had some G43Xs and G48s in this week. Their FB site didn't say how many they had of each, but they sold all of them. More coming in next week...

Normally I don’t dig two tone pistols but the matte G43x finish won me over. I expected the finish to suck but mine has been in/out of the phlster skeleton a lot and finish still looks great.

You passed on a gun due to the color of the slide? Really?

Yes, because it would be a carry gun. If the P365 came in two-tone I’d pass on it too. Last thing I want is to bring attention to something I’m carrying if I accidentally reached to high or something. Just my opinion and works for me.

Yes, because it would be a carry gun. If the P365 came in two-tone I’d pass on it too. Last thing I want is to bring attention to something I’m carrying if I accidentally reached to high or something. Just my opinion and works for me.

You could just cerakote it black. Now you don't have to.

I’ve carried black guns. I’ve carried silver guns. Most of the slide is covered by the holster. If your garment is blown open the color of the gun is unlikely to matter. Very early on in my concealed carry career I though that keeping the gun black was important. Now it doesn’t matter to me at all.

As for the G43x, I’ve since bought one and it is working pretty well for me. The stock sights were crap, as is usual for Glock, so I changed those out before I even shot it. The gun is quite thin so it conceals well. I do find that when firing it impacts the web of my hand. I had the same issue with my Kahr K40 but not my Kahr K9, however the G43x is considerably lighter than the K9. I’ve since added grip tape to the G43x, so I’m hoping that will improve this.

With the G43x and an appendix holster with a wedge, I have finally found a practical appendix carry rig that works for me and is comfortable.

ETA: the finish on the G43x slide is matte silver so it isn’t as shiny as a typical stainless steel gun.

Last edited:
I’ve carried black guns. I’ve carried silver guns. Most of the slide is covered by the holster. If your garment is blown open the color of the gun is unlikely to matter. Very early on in my concealed carry career I though that keeping the gun black was important. Now it doesn’t matter to me at all.

As for the G43x, I’ve since bought one and it is working pretty well for me. The stock sights were crap, as is usual for Glock, so I changed those out before I even shot it. The gun is quite thin so it conceals well. I do find that when firing it impacts the web of my hand. I had the same issue with my Kahr K40 but not my Kahr K9, however the G43x is considerably lighter than the K9. I’ve since added grip tape to the G43x, so I’m hoping that will improve this.

With the G43x and an appendix holster with a wedge, I have finally found a practical appendix carry rig that works for me and is comfortable.

ETA: the finish on the G43x slide is matte silver so it isn’t as shiny as a typical stainless steel gun.

Agreed, just doesn't do it for me.

The 43X is a lot more comfortable than a 26, the amount of grip on a 43X is IMHO superior to a 26, even when using a +2 extender. The lack of finger grooves on the 43X is a plus IMHO. The difference in size is minuscule.

Yes you are giving up the almost universal magazine interchangability of the 26... you can put a 33 round factory mag into a 26 but it will NOT feed reliably.. fun range toy.. I would not trust my life to it.

If you have 11 in the weapon, and 2 spare mags in your pocket.... 31 rounds... unless you are spraying rounds like a hoodrat, the chances of needing 31 rounds in a gunfight are a million to one.

If the slide coating is an issue ( personally I like the black but it is not a deal killer) you can cerekote the slide or even better send it out for black nitride refinishing for about 75 dollars.... and while you have the slide stripped down night sights would be a upgrade. Orange dot in front, dual greens in the back.

In a "free state" the 43X's are reasonably priced new, and there are even used unfired ones out there in the 375 to 400 dollar price range.

I can understand why in MA you would opt for the Sig, and I have nothing against Sig, what I am against is premium pricing on used Glocks.

Uhhh, what if some crazy naked she-devil comes at me, bro???? 31 rounds is at least 9 rounds short.

FWIW, the 43X is almost a full inch taller than a 26. If you can conceal a 43x, you might be able to take on a 19 with 15+1's.

Uhhh, what if some crazy naked she-devil comes at me, bro???? 31 rounds is at least 9 rounds short.

FWIW, the 43X is almost a full inch taller than a 26. If you can conceal a 43x, you might be able to take on a 19 with 15+1's.

With a plus 2 extender, which many people need to get a good grip on the 26, they are almost the same height, and the 43X is slimmer

Let me put it this way.... I know someone that just put their 26 in the safe because they like the 43X a lot more.

Downside to the 43X vs the 19? There are a lot more choices for leather for the 19, the 19 has a rail, if you wanted a CTC Crimson Trace laser the offerings for the 48/43x are really limited and not something I would invest in, and the aforementioned ability to carry more ammo in less magazines with the 19.

It is like comparing McIntosh and Cortlands... in the end they are both apples with slightly different traits. YMMV

I have a 19 and 26 as well as a 43x. The 43x is significantly easier for me to conceal than the 19 and 26 due to being thinner. I can conceal the 19 and 26 on my hip but not on my appendix (I have a pot belly). I can conceal my 43x on my appendix.

In terms of shootability, I would rank them as 19 best, then 43x, and 26 is worst. YMMV. For me the 43x has noticeably more felt recoil than the 19 (which has very little felt recoil IMO).

If you are carrying a 19 or 17 as a primary and want to carry a backup, the 26 has the advantage of magazine commonality. I rarely carry two guns, so that advantage isn’t important for me. For a police officer I could see that as being a big advantage.

ETA: in free states, the 19 obviously has a big advantage in capacity. In 10-round states, that may be less of an advantage.

I have a 19 and 26 as well as a 43x. The 43x is significantly easier for me to conceal than the 19 and 26 due to being thinner. I can conceal the 19 and 26 on my hip but not on my appendix (I have a pot belly). I can conceal my 43x on my appendix.

In terms of shootability, I would rank them as 19 best, then 43x, and 26 is worst. YMMV. For me the 43x has noticeably more felt recoil than the 19 (which has very little felt recoil IMO).

If you are carrying a 19 or 17 as a primary and want to carry a backup, the 26 has the advantage of magazine commonality. I rarely carry two guns, so that advantage isn’t important for me. For a police officer I could see that as being a big advantage.

ETA: in free states, the 19 obviously has a big advantage in capacity. In 10-round states, that may be less of an advantage.

Oh come on. You totally want a $185 25-year-old 15rd mag and you know it! (I still can't believe I sold my G19 mags for $45 or so apiece a few years ago. Dumb dumb dumb.)

Back
Top Bottom