• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Glock or Ruger

I know that it does happen but the odds are extremely low. If 6 people on this forum have had issues and there are 24,000 members.. 0.025% chance that in the lifetime of the Glock there will be a problem with the frame.. betting odds Id say.

Not everyone has a Glock, either. Keep that in mind. There are a shitload of Glock haters here, actually. [rofl]

-Mike

Glock 19 > SR9

If i was to get a ruger (which i did haha) the Sr9c beats sr9 straight up. Trigger is much smoother on the compact version.

Ive kinda grown to love the src platform. Ive bought a couple dirt cheap with night sights on them used. They are reliable easy to clean and american made. They also seem more comfortable to carry than the baby glocks and fit in the same holsters.
Personally the sr40c is softer shooting than the 27 The striker is a breeze to pop out and clean as well. Once the mag disco is pulled i can get past the other safeties, the trigger is way better as well....just nothing not to like here.

The problem with people who own Glocks and crap on Rugers, remind me of liberals who think there opinions are the only ones that count. I like both brands but for different reasons.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Last edited:
buy a Ruger, save the money. Then trade it in (or keep it) and buy the perfect Glock for you. I know a lot of people who drop $7-900 on a Glock/Sig/Beretta then try to offload it 6 mos. later for something else. be cause it wasn't just right for them.

Never owned a Glock, but love my Ruger - agree with others that the "loaded when up" indicator kind of sucks, but you get used to it.

G17. I have a gen 4 and it originally flipped the brass back into my face. Glock sent the parts to fix the problem and it's been fine since.

I really liked the ruger SR9c. real nice gun. I only sold is since I got my hands on a new glock 19 for normal pricing.

Ruger is a thinner gun glock is a little thicker but I have no problem carrying one daily. sights were better on the ruger too.

but 15 rounds are better then 10

Learned a new trick today... How to turn a Glock Gen2 into a Gen4

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...Glock-modification-Gen-4-Slide-on-Gen-2-Frame

EvH29XF.gif

I hate you winter but still love Glock + Ruger.

Back
Top Bottom