Glock Announcement!!! 2013

I don't like the 380 but some love it. Ruger just made the LC380 which is the same size as the LC9 so there must be a market out there for the same size gun but smaller caliber.

You know I thought you were wrong, so I went to the the ruger website, and low and behold there's actually an LC380. Wtf, was the LCP not good enough? Who in the hell would chose a 380 LC9 over the original given the same dimensions, somehow greater weight of the 380, and same 7+1capacity.

Srry if this is off topic...

Last edited:
You know I thought you were wrong, so I went to the the ruger website, and low and behold there's actually an LC380. Wtf, was the LCP not good enough? Who in the hell would chose a 380 LC9 over the original given the same dimensions, somehow greater weight of the 380, and same 7+1capacity. .

There are some countries where you can't own a gun in a "military" caliber like 9mm, but you can own a .380.

You know I thought you were wrong, so I went to the the ruger website, and low and behold there's actually an LC380. Wtf, was the LCP not good enough? Who in the hell would chose a 380 LC9 over the original given the same dimensions, somehow greater weight of the 380, and same 7+1capacity.

Srry if this is off topic...

Totally agree. I hate the 380 but the LCP is perfect size for that caliber. Why the LC380 is beyond me, but there are ton of 380 fanboi's that will buy it like candy.

Also, Glocks are being made in the US now, in case some of you didn't know. It's weird seeing USA on the slide:

glock17usa1.jpg

There are some countries where you can't own a gun in a "military" caliber like 9mm, but you can own a .380.

This has been mentioned twice now. I thought the "military" 9 was 9x28 and that is why we have 9x19. Are the overseas laws just all inclusive on 9mm? It wouldn't seem to make much sense (not that most gun laws do) since the .380 is still a 9mm bullet.

YOU'RE IN AND YOU'RE ALREADY EARNING.

Welcome to the community. After a brief waiting period, you'll gain exclusive access to GLOCK ID in late February. We'll send you another quick email when everything launches.After log-in you'll be able to contribute, share and interact with the community. Even better, all those activities earn you patches, points, higher ranks, rewards and gifts.

Frickin sweet!!!!!!!!

This has been mentioned twice now. I thought the "military" 9 was 9x28 and that is why we have 9x19. Are the overseas laws just all inclusive on 9mm? It wouldn't seem to make much sense (not that most gun laws do) since the .380 is still a 9mm bullet.
I don't think I've ever heard of a 9x28 mm?

I don't think I've ever heard of a 9x28 mm?

http://globalconflict.wikia.com/wiki/Milinaris_9x28mm_Compact_Rifle

Apparently this is what happens when you read too much. I think I was originally thinking of the 9x21mm rounds used in some Russian and Israeli firearms. and just got a few things mixed up in my head. Apparently I got the chicken and egg thing backward with the 9x21 being made because the 9x19 was banned and not the other way around. And somewhere along the way my brain threw in the 28 from some obscure cartridge I read about sometime...

No, the 9mm used by the military is 9x19, aka 9mm Parabellum, aka 9mm Luger. The 9mm round used by the military is the same round that we use. The Beretta 92f that we can buy is effectively the same as the M9.

I've never heard of a 9x28 cartridge. I've heard of 9x21 and 9x23, but both of those are rather unusual rounds that you are not going to find in a gun store.

If you are thinking that such a law doesn't make much sense, then you are heading down the wrong road. Laws aren't about logic ( although in this case it can be argued that 9x19 is far more powerful than .380, which is a very anemic round - the fact that their bullets have similar diameter is immaterial).

Last edited:
YOUR EARLY ACCESS STARTS NOW.

As a pre-registrant for GLOCK ID, you've earned the right to join the community with other early adopters. And now that the time is here, you can log-in and start earning patches, points and rewards today!

IT'S GO TIME

not really go time. just glock forum time. I'm going to post a Mitt Romney thread.

If Glock wanted to do a really big announcement - they might try telling everybody they are going to get onboard and stop shipping firearms to government entities that operate in states where they are screwing their citizens out of their god given right to defend themselves.

That would be the biggest announcement they could make.

Hah, dude, I just got the major nelson one. ;)

This is really a neat site, basically, gamification of gun ownership and training. It's pretty smart!

Gives me ideas for a phone app.

Hah, dude, I just got the major nelson one. ;)

This is really a neat site, basically, gamification of gun ownership and training. It's pretty smart!

Gives me ideas for a phone app.

Totally gave me an FPS weapons stat feel from design

Back
Top Bottom