Getting in trouble at S&W ...

I decided to have a nice father&son day with my youngest boy, and made a few stops at gun stores. I bought some ammo at Guns 'n Gun Parts, then stopped in at the S&W Retail Store in Springfield.

And that's where I got into trouble. My boy now insists that I add an M&P15 rifle to the collection.

Unfortunately, these cost as much as the '94 Jeep Cherokee I'm negotiating to buy to replace my expiring '94 Geo Tracker ...

I've GOT to find a way. [thinking]

Anyway, we stopped at B&G in Westfield on the was home. I see they sold that lo-cap WASR-10.

Guys, I've got one of those I-want-one-so-bad urges ... I just have to go open a beer and calm down. To do anything over $500 before the end of heating season could have disastrous consequences. [sad2]

Tempt me no more!

So give up eating... and heating... whatever is necessary to get the gun. Gotta have your priorities straight!

[laugh]

Educational supplies...[wink] Why not just buy an M&P stripped receiver and build it over time? Hey, speaking of which - UPS in Pittsfield has my upper! Wa-Hoo! Any day now...Want to head to Lee this week?

Hey, there's an idea! I'm gonna have to sell the Tec-9, I guess. Maybe some other stuff, too.

I can head to Lee after school one day this week. Let me know your schedule.

I hope you invested in a good couch, lying to your wife or spending money on something they dont understand, is almost a promising night on the couch...

It's absolutely AMAZING how it works....having my sons with me somehow makes it more OK to buy things I normally wouldn't!

Yea, i went to buy a handgun for my wife, and left with a Mini14. Wasnt even LOOKING for a mini14 and i saw it sitting there all stainless with a black composite stock and some preban mags

who can resist

i will say, my M4A3 i bought... ages ago.. was about $1600 before the AWB

you can always tell your wife you're waiting for the next ban to cash in on your investment :)

I'll offer you a wet blanket to cool your heels: if you don't have expendable income, save your $$. This is not the economy to play around in... is there a company out there NOT considering layoffs? Don't fall into the credit trap...

I'll offer you a wet blanket to cool your heels: if you don't have expendable income, save your $$. This is not the economy to play around in... is there a company out there NOT considering layoffs? Don't fall into the credit trap...

Always sound advice. If I sell some stuff to fund a build project I won't go into debt so much. And even buying new off the rack isn't a sum that is going to make or break me in the long run. I just may have to become even more frugal in some other areas, though ...

Indeed. Other than an M-1A variant, there really isn't anything else out there that interests me these last couple of years. I have a couple of "expendable" handguns that may go as trades for other guns to "try out" but my main focus the last year or so has been stocking up on ammo, spare parts, mags and other accessories, etc. for firearms I already own. Granted, that can quickly get just as or more expensive as new guns themselves. Even in my "less thrifty" years I usually only bought one or two guns a year anyhow.

+ a billion. As a previous "GAS" sufferer, (Gun Acquisition Syndrome) I've had to slim down on expenditures.

It sucks not being able to buy as many guns but having less financial mayhem
helps, too.

-Mike

Well some of you guys are real party poopers! [frown] I think if I can get $400 for my Tec-9 I'm off to a good start on a build. I think I'd like to start with an M&P15 lower, but I've got a lot of homework to do. I've been knee-deep in research all afternoon. Holy cow, there is a galaxy of options and variables!

But now I've got a solid hankerin' to put together a SHTF, Bug-Out, anti-NWO Nancy-Pelosi-pisser-offer.

I'm still looking for a source for the shoulder thing that goes up ...

There are plenty of other high-quality AR platforms out there other than S&W... and they don't cost as much. I'd look at a different brand.

Well some of you guys are real party poopers! [frown]
Well, then, let me tempt you a little.

New NES AR.

DSC01674.jpg

Me clinging bitterly to my gun and my religion (look carefully... just for this photo, I put my yarmulke on).

DSC01676.jpg

Ten shots to zero this puppy. (look closely at the lower left target - you'll see three holes in the black dot) Thank you, Project Appleseed.

DSC01729.jpg

Back
Top Bottom