• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Get your butt to Boston - GOAL Super Alert - Wed 28th!!!!

It shouldn't be unpopular, everyone who is serious about this should take it to heart.

Yes, we need to be more organized. Without organization, enthusiasm is totally wasted.

Unfortunately, NES is not the place to do the organizing. No public forum is. NES is good about getting the word out, but not for organizing.

By my count, there were over two dozen NESers there, probably way more. I spoke with several while I was there, but only afterward did I realized that they were on NES.

I spoke stood near the man with the tricorner hat and his son for just about the entire time I was in the hearing room. I spoke with him for about 20 minutes outside the room. Yet, it wasn't until I saw his post that I knew he was here as well.

We need to figure out a way to plan ahead of time, even if we don't know if something is coming up. Maybe GOAL can help us with that. Or, if someone who is active has a place where we can set up a meeting via PM, that would work.

We certainly need a better way to communicate than here. Not that anyone on NES is doing anything wrong, but it's open to anyone to read even if they aren't actually registered.

For every one person who posts here, there are probably 50 who read and don't post. Those are just among the registered and paid members.

The other side has this all figured out and we need to catch up fast.

I was on the same bench with the guy with the tricorner hat

The reason I said two hours is because it will take us a bit to organize, walk over, and go through security. If we want to be there an hour before the hearing starts, we should leave more time. There at least used to be a DD at the bottom of Beacon Hill on Tremont Street, just so we can fuel up early. :)

If we're going to do hours, we should plan on bivouac...

iu

Then you walked past me, I think. There were four spots there, at some point someone left and we offered the seat to the black woman. I think she was an anti, but I don't know for sure. I'm sure that no anti would think to offer his seat to a woman.

I was on the same bench with the guy with the tricorner hat

Then you walked past me, I think. There were four spots there, at some point someone left and we offered the seat to the black woman. I think she was an anti, but I don't know for sure. I'm sure that no anti would think to offer his seat to a woman.

I was on the end further away from the speakers. I had to leave to get my kids off the bus.

I didn't see that this time, at least from what I saw there were a mix of people on the A2 side. There were people wearing red shirts, some with stickers that said "wear orange" outside before the doors were opened.

Our side did more "cheering" than the other. Some of that was understandable, but inappropriate, most of it was restrained.

Bear in mind this part is usually a rigged game, people have shown up to these hearings in the past, and as soon as the doors opened, pro 2a folks have practically seen front row cheering sections for antis already marked out with their orange tshirts on the chairs, etc. The cabal ensures that antis will not be pushed out of the room.....

-Mike

The antis have a presence on this very board and use all the free info for planning. We need to infiltrate their side. Any really gross, stinky, fatties want to take one for the team. You only have to identify as a mom.

I keep hearing that the hearing room was basically untenable temperature wise.

The state rapes enough people for enough fees, fines and taxes, the room should have been chilled to 60 degrees regardless of the number of people in it.

She probably gave you the stink eye as she expected your sorry azz to move.

The state rapes enough people for enough fees, fines and taxes, the room should have been chilled to 60 degrees regardless of the number of people in it.
That is precisely how they like it. In 2014 it was hot enough to fry an egg on the floor.

I don’t get how people were thinking that. I was fine and I’m usually the first to melt in place.

Well there was also a heatwave that week if I remember correctly.
Andrea Cabral was a sopping mess I remember from the NECN video at the time.
View attachment 300239

Yours truly in the background with @30Mauser

She sweats everywhere. She sweats in the mema bunker in the middle of the winter...

Ohhh! That Sign Language Lady. What a trip!

Someone here used to have the gif of her eating invisible corn the long way as their Avatar!

Good times...

The antis have a presence on this very board and use all the free info for planning. We need to infiltrate their side. Any really gross, stinky, fatties want to take one for the team. You only have to identify as a mom.

Nah, we nominate you to 'take one for the team' so that we can enlist one of those nags to spy for us. Take your pic of any of these moms:

hear-jpg.300209

Looks more like grandmas to me, LOL. Also that must be a rent-a-kid, not a match to Ms. Peter Griffin.

She sweats everywhere. She sweats in the mema bunker in the middle of the winter...

I would call that hypertension hard at work! She may be in line for a great pension courtesy of the taxpayers but, no amount of money will fix the shit quality of life she will experience in the last 5 - 10 years of her sad existence. She won't be around collecting that pension in her late 70's.

You’d think so. I work for the state and our office is in the mid-upper 70s many times. It’s crazy.

I am going to say something that isn't going to be popular.
yes we had the numbers yesterday, but I am seeing something.
the mom's demand action folks are getting polished. they have their goals down VERY well. they are unified, they mostly hit on the same points and the same bills. we know our topic, but they threw so many bills at us that it was impossible to stay on target.
I honestly think that we need some way to get small groups together before hand and focus on specific targets, work out well thought out arguments and hammer them home.
they had us mostly on the left hand side of the room, so they could set up cameras and film to the right to show it as a one sided issue.
take up space next to the antis so that cannot happen again.
don't trust the media to tell your side of the story, make sure they know you are there..... and better yet almost every single one of us have a mini broadcast studio in our pockets. if you see something that needs to be seen, BECOME THE MEDIA.

Agree to a certain point. It was very rewarding not being totally outnumbered during this committee hearing. Actual body's in strategic locations is key.

When they throw out almost 70 potential bills to discuss, and then only give each citizen 3 minutes to speak, it can be disorganized at best.

I agree with your idea of having certain people (squads) talk about a few bills and other people (secondary squad) talk about another set of bills, and so on.

I'm sure I was not paying close enough attention, but I was truly caught taken off guard by the amount and depth of these bills.

This is not the end of this round of the fight, so we have some time to prepare for the next round.

Jay

Last edited:

I was in there for hearing while I was locked out by National Greed, and both the hearing we had in that room where awful, it was at least 80 degrees at the start of each meeting.

I'm very surprised that they showed any pro 2A people. Or did they just show video without audio?

As a minor side note, they only showed me once on the news, after that, they switched video and I was cut to the floor, so to speak. My point is, though, that I chose to wear conservative clothes. I knew where the T.V. cameras where. I did not play for the cameras, but they didn't know I was a Pro 2A speaker until I was speaking.

Jay

Back
Top Bottom