• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Get your butt to Boston - GOAL Super Alert - Wed 28th!!!!

While that's good, he'll take his marching orders from the Senate President, just as every other committee chair does in BOTH houses. The Speaker and Senate President are the two most powerful politicians in the state. The Governor comes and goes, but those two stay for years.

Unless of course, they are convicted in court and go to prison. In which case, someone else steps in to fill those positions.

Senator Mike Rodrigues is the chair of Ways and Means, not sure of his stance on 2A but the couple of times I've spoken with him he seemed like a reasonable person.

"They" are getting "very polished" cuz "they" are (at least partially) funded by.. Filthbag un-American wealthy maggot Bloomberg. Believe me, WE would be very, VERY "polished" if we were funded also. Instead, we're a (large) bunch of honest, decent, hard-working citizens who "fund" our own opposition to these (and other) left wing un-American maggots.
I'd happily HAPPILY take the day (and EVERY day) off from my JOB and attend rallies, protests, sit-ins, etc etc if Bloomscum would pay my mortgage, utility bills, kids' tuition (etc etc etc etc etc).

Instead, we go to work and read NES and newspapers/TV etc and hear Bloomscum-funded bleepsuckers calling us evil, Satanic, a "problem", etc etc etc. Similar to the Antifa maggots. How the absolute f*ck do grown men and women find the time, during the day, during a work week (etc) to fly to New York or Portland, Oregon or ___ (fill in the blank with the next city to be invaded with one of their "marches"/standoffs/etc).

Just sayin'

This is indeed why they're so polished, but money alone doesn't get you there. Organization and teamwork are the things that do the trick. With the technology available today, there is zero reason why pro 2A groups cannot polish up their approach.

Create a system online that encourages people to get involved, a place for leaders to make requests for needs from supporters, people to share ideas and craft taking point responses catered to certain lines of attack. It can all be done without very much money or structure from outside groups. This website has the most difficult thing to find already: people.

If anyone with some clout is truly interested, I can help in many ways by putting such a digital operation together.

I honestly think that we need some way to get small groups together before hand and focus on specific targets, work out well thought out arguments and hammer them home.
they had us mostly on the left hand side of the room, so they could set up cameras and film to the right to show it as a one sided issue.
take up space next to the antis so that cannot happen again.

Bear in mind this part is usually a rigged game, people have shown up to these hearings in the past, and as soon as the doors opened, pro 2a folks have practically seen front row cheering sections for antis already marked out with their orange tshirts on the chairs, etc. The cabal ensures that antis will not be pushed out of the room.....

-Mike

In hindsight, we should have spread out more yesterday and planted ourselves in the aisles in front of and around the antis. Drown them in a sea of facial hair and gadsden themed t shirts.

In hindsight, we should have spread out more yesterday and planted ourselves in the aisles in front of and around the antis. Drown them in a sea of facial hair and gadsden themed t shirts.

Was someone there when the doors opened? Curious if the antis were already pre staged at that point...

Also if you get there early enough we could have been front and center. Me and DarthRaven a few other guys were in the little hallway room and got right in and we sat amongst the moms (right in front - as seen in the photos)
^ QFTMFT.

Now I'll write something unpopular.

Everybody that got second class citizen seating,
got it because they were swanning about in the hallway
instead of formed into an orderly line that started in the anteroom.

It would have stretched for hundreds of feet, and I shudder to think
of convincing people to maintain gaps for doorways, etc.
But once the line got a few dozen people in it,
imagine the sweetness of moonbat latecomers being greeted with:
3976y6.jpg

I got front row seating in A2 because I was third through the door.
I was third through the door because I didn't leave the anteroom
after I arrived at 8:05AM. I started out leaning forward on the south table,
but that was used by the chairs' staffers who organized the speaker's list.
So I leaned against a different wall.
I even topped off my smartphone from the sole duplex outlet
(my tax dollars at work).

Now, dollars to donuts if we'd tried to start a line
that snaked from inside the anteroom back through the portal into the hallway,
the staffers would have been cramped in their wrangling of speakers
and (justifiably) thrown everyone into the hallway, possibly messing up the line.
Maybe that's a risk that should have been taken; leave a gap at the portal itself.

That kind of spontaneous self-organization
would be Very Difficult for the staff to monkeywrench.
(Not that I saw staff or guards overtly playing favorites like that).
We're not WWII London civilians queued up for a bus,
but even in America people get pissed off
if you tell them to wait in line, but then let chaos reign instead;
giving last-minute line-cutters a better seat
than people that got on line for the common good.

But the bulk of the two hour wait
the only witnesses in the anteroom were 3xPro2A plus two anti's -
  • A disoriented old guy with a cane who rode up on the elevator with me, and
  • Some poor confused old bat who was there the firstest with the leastest: completely misread her Sorosgram and thought that at least an SJW meeting if not the hearing itself was going to happen in the hearing room itself at 8:30AM. Spent the next 115 minutes bitching at everyone within earshot (particularly including both legislative staffers and a couple of guards) about how incompetent her organizers were.
If this were not a kinder, gentler millennium,
the lady would have been a good seed crystal
to start the rumor that "Wednesday is Pro-2A Hearing Day,
and Thursday is Anti-2A Hearing Day;
be sure to attend on Your Side's Day".

It's pretty ironic that the only people that could have disabused her
of her organizers' incompetency were the opposition (us).

It all could have been worse. If it had been a 1PM hearing,
there would still have been an incentive
to show up at 8AM to grab the head of the line.

Was someone there when the doors opened? Curious if the antis were already pre staged at that point...

Dunno. They lined everyone up in the hallway, I think way before the doors opened. I showed up about 15-20 minutes before showtime, walked into the hallway, promptly began spraying sweat out of every pore because it was ~100F in the goddamn hallway, turned around and waited in a different, much cooler hallway somewhere else. I strolled in after the whole line was already inside.

Yes DarthRaven and I, and a couple other gun guys were literally 4 feet from the hearing room entrance door in the little anteroom that's just outside the hearing room entrance. Then outside the anteroom was the line of antis. Our group was further away from that anteroom due to us having more people. If we were there early enough we probably could have had the tables turned? Don't know if the guards would have held us back while the antis filed in?

NFW; I laid enough Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt
on the two other guys closer to the door
that every time in the last half hour that
it burped open for a staffer,
they peered in to look for signs of T-shirts or posters
reserving seats. (Which given the bench arrangement,
would have been difficult to see from behind at best).

^ QFTMFT.

Everybody that got second class citizen seating,
got it because they were swanning about in the hallway
instead of formed into an orderly line that started in the anteroom.

It would have stretched for hundreds of feet, and I shudder to think
of convincing people to maintain gaps for doorways, etc.
But once the line got a few dozen people in it,
imagine the sweetness of moonbat latecomers being greeted with:
3976y6.jpg

I got front row seating in A2 because I was third through the door.
I was third through the door because I didn't leave the anteroom
after I arrived at 8:05AM. I started out leaning forward on the south table,
but that was used by the chairs' staffers who organized the speaker's list.
So I leaned against a different wall.
I even topped off my smartphone from the sole duplex outlet
(my tax dollars at work).

Now, dollars to donuts if we'd tried to start a line
that snaked from inside the anteroom back through the portal into the hallway,
the staffers would have been cramped in their wrangling of speakers
and (justifiably) thrown everyone into the hallway, possibly messing up the line.
Maybe that's a risk that should have been taken; leave a gap at the portal itself.

That kind of spontaneous self-organization
would be Very Difficult for the staff to monkeywrench.
(Not that I saw staff or guards overtly playing favorites like that).
We're not WWII London civilians queued up for a bus,
but even in America people get pissed off
if you tell them to wait in line, but then let chaos reign instead;
giving last-minute line-cutters a better seat
than people that got on line for the common good.

But the bulk of the two hour wait
the only witnesses in the anteroom were 3xPro2A plus two anti's -
  • A disoriented old guy with a cane who rode up on the elevator with me, and
  • Some poor confused old bat who was there the firstest with the leastest: completely misread her Sorosgram and thought that at least an SJW meeting if not the hearing itself was going to happen in the hearing room itself at 8:30AM. Spent the next 115 minutes bitching at everyone within earshot (particularly including both legislative staffers and a couple of guards) about how incompetent her organizers were.
If this were not a kinder, gentler millennium,
the lady would have been a good seed crystal
to start the rumor that "Wednesday is Pro-2A Hearing Day,
and Thursday is Anti-2A Hearing Day;
be sure to attend on Your Side's Day".

It's pretty ironic that the only people that could have disabused her
of her organizers' incompetency were the opposition (us).

It all could have been worse. If it had been a 1PM hearing,
there would still have been an incentive
to show up at 8AM to grab the head of the line.
All good points.

Which guy were you in the anteroom? Were you the guy with the clipboard?

This was my thought exactly. No Comfort and Aide for the Enemy...

...I laid enough Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt
on the two other guys closer to the door
(Not that I was trying to manipulate them, per se.
But I had the same fears that you evince, and I shared them).

When I arrived at A1/A2 I went in the door closest to the standing group of Pro-2A.

It was packed, so I stood right at the inside of the door.
A court officer came through the door and said "You can't stand here." I looked around and said "Well, where do you want me to go?"
He pointed to the neck-beards (aka "Us") and said "Over there."
He appeared to be trying to keep us all corralled in the same area with no seating and no face-to-face access to the Dog & Pony Show committee members. (I would have done the same thing if I was him...)

I looked both sides of the room over and seeing a nice length of unattended wall down with the Moms and some media cameras, I said "I'm going over there."
He did not look happy...

I've been going to these events Religiously for more than 12 years. Never miss one. Hearings, Rallies, you name it. I'm there.
This one felt different though. It felt like the outcome was pre-ordained by those sycophants on both sides of the Dais.

I call cough*Bullshit *cough...

~Enbloc

I have a different problem: No smartphone app capability. Can I still park at Riverside? Is there someone there to take your money?
No, no humans at all in the lot. You can call a telephone number and do it that way. Punch in the code number off the light pole sign near where you park. Then using the key pad enter your license plate info and then cc info to pay. They have vehicles with plate readers drive the lot and any not in as paid get the fine and a tow.

The issue is they need to feel like they can be thrown out of office....or held accountable....and they don't, so they won't.

Same reason they voted themselves $30k raises and attached it to emergency legislation for judges, which keeps it from being rescinded

I'm almost done with these Boston State House trips.

Anyone know when we're boarding buses for D.C. ?

Time to "kick it up a notch" and take this National...

"No Gunnie?...No Workie!"

It shouldn't be unpopular, everyone who is serious about this should take it to heart.

Yes, we need to be more organized. Without organization, enthusiasm is totally wasted.

Unfortunately, NES is not the place to do the organizing. No public forum is. NES is good about getting the word out, but not for organizing.

By my count, there were over two dozen NESers there, probably way more. I spoke with several while I was there, but only afterward did I realized that they were on NES.

I spoke stood near the man with the tricorner hat and his son for just about the entire time I was in the hearing room. I spoke with him for about 20 minutes outside the room. Yet, it wasn't until I saw his post that I knew he was here as well.

We need to figure out a way to plan ahead of time, even if we don't know if something is coming up. Maybe GOAL can help us with that. Or, if someone who is active has a place where we can set up a meeting via PM, that would work.

We certainly need a better way to communicate than here. Not that anyone on NES is doing anything wrong, but it's open to anyone to read even if they aren't actually registered.

For every one person who posts here, there are probably 50 who read and don't post. Those are just among the registered and paid members.

The other side has this all figured out and we need to catch up fast.

^ QFTMFT.

We need to figure out a way to plan ahead of time, even if we don't know if something is coming up.

Let's start simple. The next time there is an issue that needs our attention at the state house, we meet as a group on the Common, behind the Col. Shaw's Mass 54th Memorial at a set time and then move as a group to the event or hearing room. Maybe the sound of our marching boots will get their attention....

iu

And We need to be Battalion-strength... not platoon.

While that's good, he'll take his marching orders from the Senate President, just as every other committee chair does in BOTH houses. The Speaker and Senate President are the two most powerful politicians in the state. The Governor comes and goes, but those two stay for years.

Unless of course, they are convicted in court and go to prison. In which case, someone else steps in to fill those positions.
Agree, Spilka and DeLeo control everything.

Good idea. We meet a couple of hours before the hearing is set to start, organize, and then move to the State House.

Let's start simple. The next time there is an issue that needs our attention at the state house, we meet as a group on the Common, behind the Col. Shaw's Mass 54th Memorial at a set time and then move as a group to the event or hearing room. Maybe the sound of our marching boots will get their attention....

iu

Why can’t we ever get pro gun bills to the floor? We need to step it up and not just contact our reps to play defense.

You need pro 2a reps or senators that have enough juice to pull rank on committees. Then they need to be willing to possibly burn up brownie points pushing
your bill. (that they may be reluctant to use given the odds of your bill not going anywhere).

Also be aware unless powerful people are interested in your legislation, it's generally not going to go anywhere even with some of that kind of support. Fun example- the moonbats had to kick around and reboot the "bomb components bill" for several years before it got passed, and that was a piece of dog meat that most moonbats wanted passed and had virtually no opposition. The legislature has sloth-like movement on stuff that "will probably pass, but isn't very popular". Needless to say anything "pro gun" is going to be less popular, which is why we're more or less stuck with the "stop/reduce the bleeding" option. It's politically easier to push for "don't change the law" than it is for modifying a law.

If you want a very candid convo about how this stuff works, try to find the people that passed the pepper spray decrim bill, and I bet the internal history of that one bill institutionally probably goes back at least a decade. (I remember GOAL or someone talking about it well over a decade ago). And that's for a generally non-lethal defense tool!

-Mike

(Not that I was trying to manipulate them, per se.
But I had the same fears that you evince, and I shared them).

Those Old Ladies have as much Right to be there as we do...
But they don't have to be comfortable.

I propose a "Mixer" next go-round...

Back
Top Bottom