• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gen. McChrystal: Assault rifles are for battlefields, not schools

"I spent a career carrying typically either an M16 or an M4 Carbine. An M4 Carbine fires a .223 caliber round which is 5.56 mm at about 3000 feet per second. When it hits a human body, the effects are devastating. It’s designed for that,” McChrystal explained. “That’s what our soldiers ought to carry. I personally don’t think there’s any need for that kind of weaponry on the streets and particularly around the schools in America.”

"We’ve got to take a serious look—I understand everyone’s desire to have whatever they want—but we’ve got to protect our children, we’ve got to protect our police, we’ve got to protect our population,”

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/01/08/form...ault-rifles-are-for-battlefields-not-schools/

So military rifles/ ammo is not good enough for us civs? Can we own/shoot 45 ACP, 30-06, 45-70, .45 colt, all at one time used for the military? The guns are good enough to defend our country from terrorist but we can't use them to defend our families and homes.

"...avoid the necessity of those overgrown military establishments, which, under any form of government, are inauspicious to liberty, and which are to be regarded as particularly hostile to Republican Liberty."- George Washington

So much for taking an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution you douche.

"particularly around the schools in America"

I saw a shit ton of them around Newtown, CT at Sandy Hook a couple of weeks ago. Who should I call?

Before you go bashing him, make sure you know his history. He was in command when I was in Iraq and i respect him very much. I dont agree with his statement here, but still would not say these things about him.

He's right. That's why I have one. Just in case there is ever a battle.

Anyone who says shit like that is a traitor to their oath. I don't give two shits about his service record if he's going to attack the constitution he supposedly was protecting.

If he was half as smart as he thinks he is Rolling Stones would not have been able to roll him over but he let his alligator mouth overload his tweety bird ass!

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I'll take my chances with my fellow citizens armed to the teeth, versus living in a country with everyone but the criminals disarmed.

I agree with him on one thing. These rifles don't belong in schools. They belong in the hands of responsible citizens. Ready to be used in event of a tyrannical government. The kind where presidents are fooled into thinking they've been elected kings, issuing decrees and printing their own money.

I agree these weapons that I have don't belong on the streets or near schools. That why I DON'T BRING THEM NEAR SCHOOLS OR SELL THEM TO STREET TRASH!. Its called THE LAW. LAWS that I follow to be a responsible gun owner. MORONS!!![angry]

He's dumber than a sack of shit. Most hunting rounds will make mince meat of a human. I'd take a 30-30 over a .223 any day of the week. Are these the caliber of men leading our troops?

I may be wrong on this, since I was Navy, not a dogface, but isn't the idea to seriously wound a enemy? If you kill them you take one person off the line, if you wound them you take at least 2, usually 3 as it takes people to take the wounded away. .308 and 30.06 will fur sur kill you, the .223 will also but it is more effective to wound and reduce the enemy strength.
I think it was also politics

Like the 9mm, partly to be in line with NATO but also because girls and girly-men couldn't handle the .45, the 9mm while not the man stopper if easier to handle.

Give my my old GI .45 any day! I carried a beat up old 1911 from 72-75 and it was the first gun I got after I got out.

Has he ever seen the effects of a thirty caliber bullet on a human? I'm sure hes seen a fifty, and those are all sold in hunting rifle configurations using low capacity magazines available to the public. But they're worried about. 223 ammo in 30 round magazines?

People are ****ing stupid, they need to ban stupid.

Before you go bashing him, make sure you know his history. He was in command when I was in Iraq and i respect him very much. I dont agree with his statement here, but still would not say these things about him.

Anyone who says shit like that is a traitor to their oath. I don't give two shits about his service record if he's going to attack the constitution he supposedly was protecting.

+1. McChrystal might as well be Feinstein. He is, right here and now, an enemy of free people and a tool of statist thugs. I don't care what he did in Iraq. **** him and his "history".

Anyone who says shit like that is a traitor to their oath
He isnt active anymore so that oath could mean nothing to him.

icon1.png

So, the guy you respect, even now, because he was a soldier and took an oath is the same guy who could be throwing the constitution under the bus because he is no longer a soldier?​

So, the guy you respect, even now, because he was a soldier and took an oath is the same guy who could be throwing the constitution under the bus because he is no longer a soldier?

**** Iraq and **** McCrystal.

**** Iraq and **** McCrystal.

I probably didn't post correctly. I wanted to point out to mpkeelee that the person he/she still respects from Iraq, out of uniform, is trashing the constitution. McCrystal is a douche. Unfortunately a lot of people, forming an opinion about the second amendment right now, could think what this guy says has merit. My wife says he's just one of Obama's sheep.

Last edited:
Turncoat mother f***er. So much for your oath.

"Send it" like chinalfr from my can attached to a string from another can in the lair of the dark lord kramdar.

Back
Top Bottom