FX network’s “30 Days” — living with a gun enthusiast —

I haven't watched it, but the original post said she cried almost daily?? What a pathetic human being. I too doubt her mind has been changed at all.

I haven't watched it, but the original post said she cried almost daily?? What a pathetic human being. I too doubt her mind has been changed at all.
Mind? What mind. Sounds like a pure bundle of irrational emotional reactions.

Pretty funny. One of her friends on facebook, Mike Lackomar, is decked out in camo holding an AK in his profile picture. I'm sure her friends at the Brady Campaign love her for that! [rofl]

By "kicking redneck ass" she of course means "crying like a baby after firing a shotgun."
Or spending an hour long episode looking like an ignorant ass when it comes to gun owners, gun statistics and people in general?

The "gun enthusiast" did a pretty good job a. biting his tongue and b. presenting rational arguments, but I was very disappointed in gun enthusiasts being painted as "high school edjumicated" dolts who "just don't know better" than to love guns...

I'd love to see that same show done with two MA residents...

I'm watching it now on Hulu...She just shot an O/U and cried like a baby...
Yeah, she's not entirely mentally stable - clearly not suitable in Brockton... [wink]

"Every time I hear a gun fire, I see someone die"... [rolleyes]

I'm truly sorry she lost someone she cared about to violence, but as so many keep trying to tell her, laws aren't going to stop that. The victim armed, prepared and aware is the only thing that would have stopped it...

The scene shots from the Ohio countryside, felt both good and bad...It was good however to see Ohio State again...Go Buckeyes!

EDIT: I didn't think it painted things badly for gun owners at all. It actually felt pretty balanced...She's still likely anti-gun and perhaps always will be, but at least she stepped up and experienced the other side for a bit....

Last edited:
"Every time I hear a gun fire, I see someone die"...

Why didn't someone on the show just say "Damn lady, that's F-ed up. What the hell is wrong with you?"

I'm watching it on Hulu right now. I just got to the part where she shoots a gun for the first time. Looks like they give her a 20 gauge for some skeet shooting.

She pulls the trigger and freaks out and starts crying. I break out laughing hysterically.

Looking back, i don't think its a good idea to let someone as skiddish as her to fire a shotgun for their first firearms experience.

A .22 would have been much better. Then give her a 22 pistol. Then maybe a .410 shotgun. Then go from there.

Back
Top Bottom