Fudd sighting: marshvegas

Worst.

Name.

Ever.

Remember that the term "gay" didn't mean what it does now back then. Chic or Chick was a common nickname for Charles then and back in the day you didn't want to cross him. He was a holster designer and shooting expert in the 50's and 60's and also made some of the first chopped custom S&W Model 39s known as an Asp. These were favored by many in the intelligence community as they were the first small DA 9mms. Regardless of what you think of the name, the guy was a real pioneer in the area of defensive pistol craft and a very good shot.

Remember that the term "gay" didn't mean what it does now back then. Chic or Chick was a common nickname for Charles then and back in the day you didn't want to cross him. He was a holster designer and shooting expert in the 50's and 60's and also made some of the first chopped custom S&W Model 39s known as an Asp. These were favored by many in the intelligence community as they were the first small DA 9mms. Regardless of what you think of the name, the guy was a real pioneer in the area of defensive pistol craft and a very good shot.

No doubt on any of those points, and I'm sure he was a stand-up guy to boot.

So what's a range officer? We just show up, set up our targets, and shoot. If someone else is there, or some one else shows up, we observe common sense on when to stop shooting for target relocation or setup.

They have babysitters in Braintree that are required at all times outside. The attitude of some of them is the main reason I left.

[grin]
This wasn't always the case with Holbrook. I have been a charter member there for about 40 years. There has been many "clicks" over the years that have tried to put undue influence on shooters that shoot something other than the latest "clicks" form of fun....

I am loathe to do this. I HATE when people play grammar cop. But it's apparent from the quotes "" around the word you used, that you weren't too sure of it (?) The word you were looking for is "clique."

A klick is apparently military slang word for kilometer.

A click is what you do with your computer mouse, or with a camera.

I'm envisioning a device that will let you clip together 6 round magazines so you can rapid reload in Fudd compliance [smile]

How about you pop one in the pipe and then rock in the mag with 6 more for a 6+1, just to f with the guy?

And lastly, a belt fed would be the trump card!

(I know, the rules probably address this BS, but it would still be entertaining to watch range nazi go ape)

I'm envisioning a device that will let you clip together 6 round magazines so you can rapid reload in Fudd compliance [smile]

How about you pop one in the pipe and then rock in the mag with 6 more for a 6+1, just to f with the guy?

And lastly, a belt fed would be the trump card!

(I know, the rules probably address this BS, but it would still be entertaining to watch range nazi go ape)

TriMag.jpg

[smile]

I am loathe to do this. I HATE when people play grammar cop. But it's apparent from the quotes "" around the word you used, that you weren't too sure of it (?) The word you were looking for is "clique."

Ironic post is ironic.

The word you were looking for is "Loath" (without the "e").

Loath : unwilling to do something contrary to one's ways of thinking : reluctant

Loathe : to dislike greatly and often with disgust or intolerance : detest

EXAMPLE: Just because I am loath to correct jarhead's grammar, doesn’t mean I loathe him!

click it!

We have a limit - it's 6 or I would have really flipped out on the guy :(

It's a decent club, but there a number of members that get freaked out by "military style" rifles.

I know exactly which South Shore club ur at, (no thanx) I almost joined another Gay South Shore club that had a 10 round limit, but decided to go somewhere else. Thank God i went to to Hanson instead, Absolutely no B.S. there, no fudd worries at all.

It would be worth the extra 15 min drive, from where i think u live.

Not a big deal, but I still felt like sharing.

Lately I've been working a ton in the OR and with a new house and an 18 month old, I haven't been to the range much at all :(

However, today I had a rare day off and got the blessing from wife. I headed down to my club in Marshfield where I have been a member for around 15yrs.

The plan was to test out some per-ban AK mags that I bought a couple months ago. I planed on shooting around 100-150 rounds. After a couple mags, a guy arrives - I say hi to him and immediate offer to stop shooting so he can set up.

As we resume shooting, I notice he's watching me closely even though we are at opposite ends of the shooting bench. After about 15min he strolls up to me.

Him: "you only want to load 6 bullets"
Me:" how many have u been shooting?"
Him "5 to 8"
Me: [slight eye roll]
Him: "ok then" starting walk away

Me:"you know these hold 30 rounds" pulling back the charging handle with a smile
Him: "well mine (he's got what looks like a ruger 1911) holds 8, but I only load 5 just to be safe."

He said a couple other DB type things to me, but overall seemed like a nice enough guy, just a classic fudd

It was probably Bakail49![rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

- - - Updated - - -

Not a big deal, but I still felt like sharing.

Lately I've been working a ton in the OR and with a new house and an 18 month old, I haven't been to the range much at all :(

However, today I had a rare day off and got the blessing from wife. I headed down to my club in Marshfield where I have been a member for around 15yrs.

The plan was to test out some per-ban AK mags that I bought a couple months ago. I planed on shooting around 100-150 rounds. After a couple mags, a guy arrives - I say hi to him and immediate offer to stop shooting so he can set up.

As we resume shooting, I notice he's watching me closely even though we are at opposite ends of the shooting bench. After about 15min he strolls up to me.

Him: "you only want to load 6 bullets"
Me:" how many have u been shooting?"
Him "5 to 8"
Me: [slight eye roll]
Him: "ok then" starting walk away

Me:"you know these hold 30 rounds" pulling back the charging handle with a smile
Him: "well mine (he's got what looks like a ruger 1911) holds 8, but I only load 5 just to be safe."

He said a couple other DB type things to me, but overall seemed like a nice enough guy, just a classic fudd

It was probably Bakail49![rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

I'm waiting for an NES member to fess up :)

If you are in your mid-60s, drive a red subarue, can't tell a .308 carriage from a .223 and hate "assault" rifles come forward and defend yourself :)

Ironic post is ironic.

The word you were looking for is "Loath" (without the "e").

Loath : unwilling to do something contrary to one's ways of thinking : reluctant

Loathe : to dislike greatly and often with disgust or intolerance : detest

EXAMPLE: Just because I am loath to correct jarhead's grammar, doesn’t mean I loathe him!

Well played, sir. Well played....

The worst is Braintree. Just about every time on the rifle range (If there was a babysitter, er, Range Officer) there would be some FUDD making a comments.

I have the same experience almost every time I go the range near me. Always and forever some busybody with a comment. I hate to admit it but it's really drastically cut back on my range time. I follow the rules and I hit the paper and not the walls, floors or ceilings (and god forbid you want to shoot at anything reactive, that's very much not allowed), even though quite a few are as fear based as anything the Brady campaign comes up with, and do not need someone telling me every single time about how the revolver I'm shooting is "all I need" or their own personal version of range etiquette (which has nothing to do with the rules, it's just for their own convenience when they are shooting) or any other bs. It's too expensive for that horseshit.

Last edited:
Took my new SBR to Marshfield today. My hope of no FUDDs was fulfilled as the only other person there was set up with all sorts of equipment, like a chrono hooked up to a laptop.

He was running an sbr too, except the lucky bastard had a can on it. From a distance it looked like an AAC blackout. I was sooooooo jealous!

Back
Top Bottom