• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Outdoor range/land in MA for sighting in ?

What area are you in? I can suggest a place that does require a membership, has a pistol range, a rifle range, and costs a whopping $60 for a year. Which I understand isn't what you were asking for, but also is not an "arm and a leg".

Is there any outdoor place in MA to sight in rifles at 50-100 or so yards that doesn’t require a membership or an arm and a leg, or police showing up ? (I hate this state so much )

Thank you for any recommendations!
Cape Ann sportsman’s club in Gloucester has a 100 yard rifle range and is open to the public on Sundays from 9-1230. I think the cost is $20?

Sees
What area are you in? I can suggest a place that does require a membership, has a pistol range, a rifle range, and costs a whopping $60 for a year. Which I understand isn't what you were asking for, but also is not an "arm and a leg".
seekonk near Attleboro . You guys are the best , thanks !

Sees

seekonk near Attleboro . You guys are the best , thanks !
I am western MA, so you are looking at a 1.5 hour drive to get to the range. Some people on the eastern half of the state should be able to direct you to something that doesn't involve 3+ hours just in commute time.

Last edited:
where? i need a place to zero my rifles

If you're trying to skinflint good luck with that. There aren't a lot of loose places for people to shoot guns in mass.

Find any one of the "must pee outside" clubs for $125 or less outside of the 495 loop and join one of them. Otherwise you are basically just punching yourself in the dick trying to do this. The time you waste trying to flint, when you add it all up could have been used to just join a club.

Independent in Foxboro (on the Plainville line off Lake Mirimichi) is around $150/yr and has 50/100 yard rifle range & 25 yard pistol range w/ steel silhouettes. You're not going to find public land in this area to shoot very easily, maybe Rehoboth if you know someone w/ some land.

where? i need a place to zero my rifles
In central MA? There's probably a club with a range in every town in Central MA just about.

Most are probably less than 100 bucks a year.

I know one that's $35 a year but its out in Petersham, which is not even that close to me or I'd be a member.

Hardwick has a fantastic pistol range with steel all set up and a 300 yard rifle range plus, and that is only 60 a year with no hours to do.

So it depends where you live in Central MA, as the closer to your club the better obviously.

There are a bunch of clubs in the Attleboro area.. nothing free obviously.. dues, amenities, and activities vary... find the club that suits you best, and join..

Angle Tree
Independent
American Firearms School
Wrentham Sportsman
Taunton R&P

wish they were as cheap as the ones @Mark from MA knows.

Some clubs have more to offer than just range.. be as involved as you want.

In central MA? There's probably a club with a range in every town in Central MA just about.

I know one that's $35 a year but its out in Petersham, which is not even that close to me or I'd be a member.

Hardwick has a fantastic pistol range with steel all set up and a 300 yard rifle range plus, and that is only 60 a year with no hours to do.

So it depends where you live in Central MA, as the closer to your club the better obviously.

Yup, plenty of good clubs in central MA and membership fees are all reasonable.

nice tips, got a webpage link to the one in petersham and hardwick? am in worcester but willing to drive a bit. not that am cheap or anything but am having a bit of money problem over here lol, down to making 40k a year now.

nice tips, got a webpage link to the one in petersham and hardwick? am in worcester but willing to drive a bit. not that am cheap or anything but am having a bit of money problem over here lol, down to making 40k a year now.
1677242812340.png 1677242812340.png

Eight point in Sterling would be much closer to Worcester. Youll burn 20 dollars of gas getting to Petersham or Hardwick.

I see it's been months on this since the last comment. If anyone is around the southcoaat, what range would you suggest, Sippican, NB rod or copicut? Thanks in advance.

Copicut is nice but simple. Im a member and pretty sure the membership is full and you do need a sponsor. Have a friend that is a member at Sippican and he has nothing bad to say bout it.

Scallops - Check out Fall River Rod Gun too and if you plan on shooting pistol only, there is a smalll indoor club in the south end of New Beige .

Unfortunately, most clubs have waiting lists years long. in the meantime, you can attend events hosted by some local clubs to hold you over while you wait.

Scallops - Check out Fall River Rod Gun too and if you plan on shooting pistol only, there is a smalll indoor club in the south end of New Beige .

Unfortunately, most clubs have waiting lists years long. in the meantime, you can attend events hosted by some local clubs to hold you ove
I see it's been months on this since the last comment. If anyone is around the southcoaat, what range would you suggest, Sippican, NB rod or copicut? Thanks in advance.
I

Back
Top Bottom