• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

FTF vs. FFL

If you're in state and the transaction is between two consenting adults.. why do some prefer the more simple, friendly and basic "Face-to-Face" transcation, and others prefer to go the FFL route, and include a third party? [thinking]

Just curious. [smile]

The FFL is "neutral ground", if you are dealing with a stranger and some folks feel that the FFL assumes legal liability if the transaction is later brought into question. OTOH, some other folks just like to get together with other shooters for a little good old horse trading.

Going through an FFL usually means a handling charge for the transaction. As stated already the FFL is simple due to neutral location and paperwork going through the FFL.

Neutral location. Puts an FFL between the seller and the buyer in the event that the buyer ends up doing something nefarious, thus potentially reducing seller's liability (yes, the chance of this happening is remote).

I know one person in MA who had a buyer try to play a joke on him while doing the transaction. I won't go into details, but there are some stupid people out there.

If you're in state and the transaction is between two consenting adults.. why do some prefer the more simple, friendly and basic "Face-to-Face" transcation, and others prefer to go the FFL route, and include a third party? [thinking]

Just curious. [smile]

I only use an FFL to move guns so that it doesn't count against my
FTF limit, so that I can save the FTFs for things that normally can't move
through a typical MA FFL.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom