• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Selling to FFL paperwork question

I apologize if this is already on the sight and I can't find the answers. If someone in MA sells guns to an FFL, do they get any paperwork or do they need to fill out the FA-10 online as a seller? I had one FFL tell me that you don't need anything because they take ownership of the guns and the seller is all set. That doesn't sound right to me as I have traded in a gun before and got a transaction form for the trade in and the new gun. Is it different for a sale to FFL?

Any help clarifying this would be greatly appreciated.

It would be smart to get a receipt (date, model, serial, etc.) for your records but there’s no required forms to fill out for you as the seller to a FFL.

There’s no way for you even to do the state form unless you had the MA dealer number.

I probably haven’t saved all my receipts. The ones that I have I don’t know offhand where they are.

I sleep fine.
I have a bunch of mine, but it's not like it really matters, it's still "in your name", when they revoked my LTC they had a STACK of pages of guns I no longer had for one reason or another, they just go thru teh list and cross off the one's I said I no longer had at my word.

Back
Top Bottom