Friend is losing his LTC

OK, so at the hospital but still with a portable so it's not like it was hours later after he got hooked up and transported and had a chance to sober up. Point being that the evidence (such as it is) doesn't support your assertion that:

But again THAT'S NOT THE POINT. Even if he hadn't had a drop he'd still be looking at gun charges that have zero to do with getting into a minor accident. (At least the transport charge, all because he probably didn't want to be unloading in a parking lot somewhere before he put his gun in the trunk. What a criminal, right?)

This makes so much sense its amazing! again alwaysbeclosing.........tell me who the victim of this aweful "crime" is?

This thread...
04pjT2V.gif

I can't stop looking at your avatar. I'm sure you always get that.

I'm still trying to figure out what gun she is shooting......last time I checked she fired 1,423 rounds without reloading........DAMN!!!!!

That's generally the gist of most inventory policies. If you're not there to remove your stuff, the inventory is meant to ensure you can't claim they or the tow company stole shit or caused damage that was already there.

It's also a well known secret that it's frequently used as an end run on the 4th amendment.

I recently had a conversation about this and was wondering if a SC ruling was ever made on this? It would be an interesting case to read. I don't think it would stand up unless the driver was allowed to waive liability and refuse an inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkj

I'm glad I come into these threads.... it reminds me of what I horrible person I am, and that I should lose my rights

Last night, My wife, children and I went out for dinner. A cute little place around the corner from my home ( http://www.cjsparrow.com/ great burgers by the way, and everything is scratch cooked unlike so many chains) and I had 2 beers. I drank 1 before dinner and 1 during dinner (my wife had a pumpkin martini, my kids had a water and a sprite). I then drove home. The entire process of leaving my home, driving to the restaurant, eating and driving home took just over an hour.

According to many here I should be punished. I was carrying my 3913, so some here think I should lose my right to own guns.

It's mind-blowing to me that so many here, on this gun forum, think that my right to protect my family ends because I had a drink with dinner at a restaurant

We're talking about a guy who may or may not have had a couple beers (apparently not enough even to exceed the already low standard for legally drunk,) who then happened to get into a minor single car accident in which apparently nobody was hurt and no property was damaged except maybe his own.

The gun isn't even relevant and yet that's what he's in trouble for. If there was no gun (which again was not relevant in any way to the accident,) he most likely would have been on his way. If he was in almost any other state he most likely would have been on his way. If he had been smart enough to keep his mouth shut he most likely would have been on his way. I don't see how any gun owner could not have sympathy for this guy given what information is currently available.

I think that logic takes the onus off the driver. I think if he was sober enough to drive, then he won't get prosecuted. I'm sensitive to drunk driving as I've lost love ones as a result. when you get behind the wheel, you're responsible. Yes it was only a small crash, but if there had been someone standing where he crashed, we would be having a different conversation.

As for he gun. I think not being able to keep a loaded firearm in your car is absurd. But it's the law that's on the books. Being a gun owner is a significant responsibility. We all mess up - forgetting to lock the safe, sweeping an empty gun around the house when you finish cleaning it without being conscious - stuff like that. But it's up to us to recognize that we're doing it and correct it.

So I guess on this count I have an understanding. But just tossing a loaded weapon in your trunk when the law is clear on it seems more like disregard than a mistake. I know im speculating. Just my first impression. I'm definitely not saying he should be hung out to dry. Again, I completely disagree with the law itself. But if I were to do the same thing, I don't think I could blame anyone but myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad I come into these threads.... it reminds me of what I horrible person I am, and that I should lose my rights

Last night, My wife, children and I went out for dinner. A cute little place around the corner from my home ( http://www.cjsparrow.com/ great burgers by the way, and everything is scratch cooked unlike so many chains) and I had 2 beers. I drank 1 before dinner and 1 during dinner (my wife had a pumpkin martini, my kids had a water and a sprite). I then drove home. The entire process of leaving my home, driving to the restaurant, eating and driving home took just over an hour.

According to many here I should be punished. I was carrying my 3913, so some here think I should lose my right to own guns.

It's mind-blowing to me that so many here, on this gun forum, think that my right to protect my family ends because I had a drink with dinner at a restaurant

Yup. You should lose your right to own guns. Let me know when you want to surrender them to me.

Also, please post a pic of your wife, and I'll let you know if you have to surrender her as well.

You can keep the kids.

That's pretty presumptuous. I don't think any of those things apply to me in any way. I'm a firm supported of the constitution and think the rights there apply to all people. Especially the 2nd amendment.

I was just trying to engage in conversation and share how I think it may have gone down and it what he might have done differently. My understanding that this this forum was about having a conversation and learning.

MGL says that you MUST tell the PD where everything is or can get hit with a felony charge under C. 269 S. 10.

If it is due to unsuitability and the guns are outside MA, the only thing a MA PD can do with that info is ask the local (to the guns location) PD to confiscate them. If it is for a 209A, you are correct the federal Lautenberg prohibition REQUIRES said PD to confiscate them. If it is for suitability, I would expect the non-MA PD to laugh at them and do nothing. A side benefit however is that the bonded warehouse is strictly a MA debacle and any other PD would store them at no charge and return them when a 209A is vacated . . . whereas they are gone forever in MA and a MA chief may likely refuse to re-instate the LTC and thus the guns could not be given back anyway.

The new law on 1/1/15 will prevent most from getting a FID under these circumstances as suitability becomes a new road-block.
Len, you (and many others on this forum) should consider retiring to coastal Alabama. The anti-gun nitwits in MA do not plan to stop until the last gun and last round of ammunition is forbidden to the "little people". At least with the FID, the CLEO has to prove, in a petition to the court, that the person is a risk to public safety(under this new law, which ultimately may fail to pass the Constitutional muster).

If you were the President, would you want the Secret Service having 2 beers at lunch before providing security?

Not saying it should be illegal, but your "right to protect my family" argument angle is pretty weak if you're out drinking while "protecting them."

That's pretty presumptuous. I don't think any of those things apply to me in any way. I'm a firm supported of the constitution and think the rights there apply to all people. Especially the 2nd amendment.

I was just trying to engage in conversation and share how I think it may have gone down and it what he might have done differently. My understanding that this this forum was about having a conversation and learning.

You asked what the reference was, I told you, no presumptions here. Carry on.

You're a better shot and make better and faster decisions after a couple?

Pretty sure I'd be a better shot shitfaced than most people stone cold sober. So what? One's marksmanship ability after two beers is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. The damn gun was in the guy's trunk. The drinking has zero to do with the gun in this case, yet apparently he's getting charged with gun "crimes." Seems like a lot of people are missing the point.

Yes it was only a small crash, but if there had been someone standing where he crashed, we would be having a different conversation.

What if it had been a child!!!??!? Better take his guns just to be sure.

Last edited:
Yes it was only a small crash, but if there had been someone standing where he crashed, we would be having a different conversation.

If frogs had wings, they wouldn't bump their asses on the ground when they hopped. Hypotheticals do not matter. Again, who was hurt here? NOBODY....if someone was hurt, you nail the responsible person's ass to the wall(possibly literally), as both a punishment and an example. Recidivism rates would be greatly reduced IMO, and the example set would be pretty powerful. Don't prosecute pre-crime, prosecute actual crime and follow up with real consequences.

What if it had been a child!!!??!?

Then we'd have to ban cars, of course. If it only saves one life.

Johnny Fever could.... guess the reference.

Sent from the depths of Hell with TapaTalk V2

Was that the episode where they had him drinking and driving on a simulator in the studio,
and the more he got drunk, the better his reaction times got?

The cop giving the test was flabbergasted.

Back
Top Bottom