Framingham Gun Buyback 10/29

So I thought I read somewhere that this was supposed to be completely anonymous. How does that work with an IOU?
It doesn't. Can you see Framingham's infamous druggies, gang members and other assorted miscreants taking an I.O.U. for their gun from the police? [laugh] It's surreal. [thinking]
Fortunately, none showed up anyway so it's kind of a moot point. [rofl]

That's just sad.

So do you think they'll release destroy them all or sell them off to make some good dough?

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]Only about 50 of the guns collected were BB or pellet guns, Riley said. Among the arsenal were hunting rifles, .22 handguns, grenade casings, an M4 carbine and even a rusty old black powder rifle. Riley said he didn't think they would get one assault weapon Saturday, but six were dropped off.[/FONT]

50 of 170? grenade casings? wtf?

Of course of all those supposed 170 guns the one that just had to be in the photo was "the evil ar"lol friggin hysterical!that one definitely came out of their impound for sure just to be in the photo. Such b.s. Lol

Is it just me or did that have a can on it ?

That looked like a legit preban old flat side Colt. The 5 inch flash hider is permanently attached to a short barrel. Even the sling on it is period correct. Probably belonged to some guy who died and his wife had it in the house for years.

That looked like a legit preban old flat side Colt. The 5 inch flash hider is permanently attached to a short barrel. Even the sling on it is period correct. Probably belonged to some guy who died and his wife had it in the house for years.
It's a damn shame. If not a PR plant, someone could have done very well selling it. Instead they got an I.O.U. for a $300 Target gift card. [thinking]

For all you for looking to scam $50-$100, here is the result of your actions, story summary: Guns are bad

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2016/10/framingham_gun_buyback_a_hit

Framingham gun buyback a hit

The Framingham Police Department’s first gun buyback event brought in far more firearms — and unusual weapons — than officials ever expected.

The more than 150 guns turned over to police yesterday included an inert grenade, a pocket-size folding knife gun and a muzzle-loaded shotgun.

“As you can see there’s quite a few guns in here,” police Sgt. Sean Riley said before picking a small, collapsible North American Arms 22-caliber gun — a weapon he hadn’t come across in his 23 years in law enforcement...

Last edited:
Someone posted on FB about turning in a few of their reloads and getting a $50 gift card... that was used to buy ammo half an hour later [rofl] Well done, sir, well done.

50 of 170? grenade casings? wtf?

Training grenade

IZpo3zN.jpg

Somehow I doubt it will be headed for the smelter

yg7ol6D.jpg

Looks like they got an SKS too.

sXqu2Or.jpg

That first picture has a brown bess in the pile below that orange tipped air soft gun. If it id, it was probably worth a grand as a 1976 replica and is not considered a firearm strictly speaking under ma law- no license required.

If anyone knocks on my door looking for my "assault weapons" I'll just tell them I sold them "back" to the Framingham police... "no questions asked"

Chris [wink]

That's a good response for all my guns if they come looking for them. Sold them all through gun buybacks. Go find them!

I see I nice Mini-14 (or 30) in the pile as well, a shame to see it melted.

Has anyone actually looked into the legality of parking on the side of the road with a sign saying "we buy guns" at one of these events? How much information are you required to get from the seller as a individual, a state licensed dealer, or an FFL (Are you required to have a state dealers license if all you do is buy and transfer to another FFL?)? Could the police force you to leave? Is there a way to save these poor unfortunate guns that have done nothing wrong short of being caught up in a depressed environment. #nicegunsmatter

I see I nice Mini-14 (or 30) in the pile as well, a shame to see it melted.

Has anyone actually looked into the legality of parking on the side of the road with a sign saying "we buy guns" at one of these events? How much information are you required to get from the seller as a individual, a state licensed dealer, or an FFL (Are you required to have a state dealers license if all you do is buy and transfer to another FFL?)? Could the police force you to leave? Is there a way to save these poor unfortunate guns that have done nothing wrong short of being caught up in a depressed environment. #nicegunsmatter

Unless the buyer is an FFL, the seller would need to have a current LTC or FID.

Last edited:
Unless the buyer is an FFL, the seller would need to have a current LTC or FID.

OK, so does an FFL have to have a state license just to buy, I'm thinking no and that the state license is only for retail sales. I know an FFL sale has to take place at the place of business, but is this required for a purchase?
Finally, can they make you leave?

BTW I'm not planning on doing this myself, nor am I suggesting anyone else try, I'm just curious about the exact details and legality involved.

Back
Top Bottom