FPS Russia

in comparrison to sons of guns... this guy wins. hands down.

as always, have a nice day [laugh]

He was dead on with his donkey dXXX analogy of the SA80's optic. Not to mention if you can hold 6" at 300 yards with that pos you're doing awesome.

He seems to be a pretty decent shot. I can't imagine hanging from a chopper shooting targets free hand like he did. Without the whole Russian schtick, it wouldn't be as entertaining.

You know, he's not too bad. He's smart atleast, he gets good money from YouTube. Edit: He's making 10K plus a month off views. Each ad pays a small percentage, X 10-20,000,000 views each video. LOL.

Last edited:
Think of all the Call of Duty playing kids / dudes who's interest in getting real firearms will be sparked by watching this guy's videos.

This is what you'd call a Good Thing for popularizing gun ownership and securing 2A rights.

Maybe we could have Boris teach ACME how to speak some Russian and he could do a video with the twins, maybe throw some other twins in for eye candy and a Porsche then NES could have it's own internet sensation.

He is entertaining. Looks like he turned a cool hobby into a lucrative career. Good for him. I wish I had thought of it. Forget about the money, I would do it for free just to be able to shoot some of the guns.

I love his youTube channel.

He's funny, he blows sh*t up, & has figured out a way to make money doing what he enjoys.

Winning!

He was dead on with his donkey dXXX analogy of the SA80's optic. Not to mention if you can hold 6" at 300 yards with that pos you're doing awesome.

the L85A2 is a rare rifle for sure. It has a really shitty reputation. The models before the A2 had some serious problems. I've only see them a few times in person, they didnt look that tough or practical.

Bullpup = Fail

Never has been a real Popular bullpup design out .
Ive shot a few the only one i could say was ok was Steyr Aug and even that i didnt do much for me.
Worst one was the ATI AK47 omg was like shooting tupperwear , it was so flimsy .

With 100,000,000 views, just think how many lives he could save if he recited the 4 rules of firearms before he starts shooting.

As always, have nice day.

With 100,000,000 views, just think how many lives he could save if he recited the 4 rules of firearms before he starts shooting.

As always, have nice day.

Considering how many rounds he throws over the tree line from 40mm, to 5.56x45 to .308, I'd say safety is not exactly on the top of his list.

Bullpup = Fail

Never has been a real Popular bullpup design out .
Ive shot a few the only one i could say was ok was Steyr Aug and even that i didnt do much for me.
Worst one was the ATI AK47 omg was like shooting tupperwear , it was so flimsy .

Israeli Tavor has a real nice feel to it, but hard to find one of those here.

lets see

1. hes not russian
2. doesnt own any one of those guns
3. hes a tool bag
4. bad russian accent
5. hes a clambag
6. hes not russian
7. his uncle has alot of connections in the industry
8. youtube sucks

this one is for all the FPS Russian haters.

247951_1915579603107_1050452017_2152730_2805648_n.jpg

Last edited:
Missed #9. His haircut is stupid

anyone that notices his haircut must be gay or a woman. Which one are you?

I noticed a few people talk about how much he gets paid. How do you know he gets paid?

Last edited:
Seriously it is entertainment WTF?

yes, it's entertainment. he's a pretty good shot, made up a character and has over a gazillion views on You Tube.

do you like Sons of Guns? [laugh] [rofl]

it's such a great parody that i laugh and eagerly anticipate his videos. sure, some of them ain't that good. but for the most part, he's a funny dude.

Maybe we could have Boris teach ACME how to speak some Russian and he could do a video with the twins, maybe throw some other twins in for eye candy and a Porsche then NES could have it's own internet sensation.

Adam, looking like Adam, speaking Russinglish, shooting the twins at a German car...

I'd like to see that, but with the crapstorm from the last Porsche shoot, there would be no place on Earth for us to hide!

anyone that notices his haircut must be gay or a woman. Which one are you?

I noticed a few people talk about how much he gets paid. How do you know he gets paid?

Google Earnings FPSRussia"

YouTube partners get paid a certain $$$ amount per 1,000 views (I've read $1.25 - $2.50).

(Note... these are probably wide estimates, and how much he actually earns is speculative)...

FPSRussia is ranked #14 for most subscribers, 90th for channels views, 150 for channel views...

http://www.statsheep.com/FPSRussia

http://socialblade.com/youtube/top/500

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/FPSRussia

Ad Week even ran a story on the guy...

Dmitri Potapoff, a “Professional Russian” YouTube persona, has a gamer’s dream gig: getting paid to shoot guns. Big guns.

The man pulling the trigger—reportedly an American named Kyle Myers—declined to be interviewed out of character, and even then only via email. But as Potapoff, toting heavy-duty weapons of all kinds and a somewhat convincing accent, he hosts a live-action series dedicated to displaying the power of various firearms. His show, FPSRussia, has more than 1.6 million subscribers, making it the 16th most followed channel on YouTube. One highlight of his shtick: Potapoff gleefully delights in blowing away the likeness of Justin Bieber.

The power of such a platform hasn’t been lost on marketers. A Sept. 1 episode featured Potapoff wielding an exploding crossbow, just like the one in id Software’s highly anticipated game Rage, to blow up a mannequin styled after a mutant from the title. Already it has netted 3 million views. A July video integrating a trailer for the movie 30 Minutes or Less and a flamethrower has drawn more than 6.4 million views.

FPSRussia also generates a stream of income via a relationship with Machinima, a Los Angeles-based content company that places ads on user-generated channels. Just don’t expect to see any for the next Bieber album.

http://www.adweek.com/news/advertising-branding/marketing-fake-accent-and-real-guns-134795

Back
Top Bottom