• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Forum Ideas

This has to be a record. Threadsurrection from 2005.

I'm all for an "I'm Drunk" forum with no rules that gets erased daily.

Not a record. I resurrected (High Power Shooting Gear) in 2019. The second thread ever in existence on this site and oldest survivor. I assume the first thread was a deleted test post.

I'll support such an "I'm Drunk" forum!

(more seriously, thread starts are half the volume they were ten years ago. We DO need some ideas for discussion forums)

The gun law forums are the perfect place to discuss pending legislation. People just don't use them.

Pending legislation is not a law, but we'll ignore that.

What about general state discussions?

It all doesn't need to be buried in the clusterf*** that is off topic. Just look at the top threads there. Is that really a place for a general state discussion?

Just look at how derailed the housing market thread got.

👇Not the place for state discussions

Capture.JPG

Pending legislation is not a law, but we'll ignore that.
Pending legislation is discussed in the context of existing laws, so the state-specific law forums are the perfect place for that. There is nothing to ignore. That's the right place for those discussions.

Pending legislation is discussed in the context of existing laws, so the state-specific law forums are the perfect place for that. There is nothing to ignore. That's the right place for those discussions.
OK, I'll just stop right now before I say something not very nice.

You're being stubborn here and deliberately ignoring multiple suggestions.

GENERAL f***ING STATE DISCUSSIONS NEEDS A f***ING PLACE.

Just nix everything referencing laws and make it state subs. The was a Rhode island guy can ask about pizza in West Warwick in one thread. Then another Rhode island guy can talk about get a permit in Woonsocket.

I know most members are from Mass but how about having a discussion forum for each State? Mass forum, Maine forum, NH forum ? Oh, I guess CT, VT and RI could be there also.
This way discussions on laws, regs etc can be read on each state forum.
People still wouldn't post in the proper forum, just like they do now.
There are already state-specific law forums. Gun Laws

Yes, but that's gun laws.

Not pending legislation and general state discussions.

Make them state discussions instead instead of focused on gun laws.
See above!

Yes, but that's gun laws.

Not pending legislation and general state discussions.

Make them state discussions instead instead of focused on gun laws.

Pending legislation could go under "laws".
State questions are usually law related, so they can go under "laws".

Not a record. I resurrected (High Power Shooting Gear) in 2019. The second thread ever in existence on this site and oldest survivor. I assume the first thread was a deleted test post.

I'll support such an "I'm Drunk" forum!

(more seriously, thread starts are half the volume they were ten years ago. We DO need some ideas for discussion forums)
Meh, ‘thread starts’ may not be a great metric. People are learning to search, and…necrothread. The evolution of a forum.

I would look more at daily looks )or whatever you needs call it). I’m sure daily activity is way up compared to back in the day!

Meh, ‘thread starts’ may not be a great metric. People are learning to search, and…necrothread. The evolution of a forum.

I would look more at daily looks )or whatever you needs call it). I’m sure daily activity is way up compared to back in the day!

I looked because it seems like the site is busier lately than it used to be. And sometimes a bit less familial. And thread starts was the easiest metric to check and then that damned squirrel ran past the window and it was over.

I have nothing of value to add but I’ll post this anyway: NES Stud Club Members Only Sub Forum. Dedicated moderator who’s girlfriend is a super hot model that can field strip an AR in heels and nothing else while frying bacon in a cast iron pan

Didn't realize there was a place setup for new forum suggestions.

I started a thread for a new section dedicated to knife sales/trade

It seems to have received a little love. It would seem to make sense now that we have the Enbloc forum for knife discussion.

I'd like to see a thread for forum musicians. There are quite a few of us on here. There is a thread for guitar players here but many of us are more than (only) guitar players.
Just a thought...

Last edited:
I have nothing of value to add but I’ll post this anyway: NES Stud Club Members Only Sub Forum. Dedicated moderator who’s girlfriend is a super hot model that can field strip an AR in heels and nothing else while frying bacon in a cast iron pan
I'd sign up for that if for no other reason than to peruse the pictures.

Back
Top Bottom