• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Forced surrender of bump stocks in MA EOPSS letter, per GOAL

Since EOPS put this in writing can't individuals file a compliant directly with the DoJ about this being an illegal taking and a constitutional violation? I know Sessions is still busy with his naps and going after pot heads, but maybe there is one US Attorney that would give a shit?

If one is foolish enough to turn it in, then they might as well turn in all of their post ban mags too, to cleanse their soul and then some.

Been doing a slow burn on this for months. My bump stocks moved out of state, where I still do and will continue to possess them and FVCK YOU

Yep. Staying with its foster parents out of State, but I still have visitation rights any time I want :p

Last edited:
I must have a reading comprehension problem.. if they reclassified them as machine guns, and spelled out in the law that possession of one is not a valid reason for a green card to get issued...

You would think logic dictates that clearly if you already have a license to possess a machine gun and bumpstock are now machine guns, that you would win in court...

I guess its a good thing i didnt do my MA bumpfire tribute jan. 1 ,buy attaching a bumpstock to my M16, just to see what happens.

I sure hope this goes court, injunction should have been filed like with CA magazine confiscation..its has to be the lowest risk test case for someone with a MG license and a bumpstock.. but just like all gun control laws they were never ment to be enforced.

While its seems silly to go to court over something that effects so few people and will cost so much. It has to be done... the right of the minority is possible more important(or telling about our society) than the rights of the many.

Only issue is, while I believe that we are right and nothing prevents someone who already has a MG license from possessing one, the courts do not always agree with laws as written and will sometimes just take the word of the state that the law means what the state says due to the court's own bias. In this case if you lose in court, you would be potentially subject to a machine gun without a license conviction with a possible sentence of "Life or any term of years" which is a steep price for challenging the law.

Of course all this B.S. does absolutely NOTHING to stop the true criminals (not the pre-crime fabricated ones) who can pick one up anywhere else in the country without a permit to carry out their plans. But, that doesn't make good tough on crime headlines does it?

There's no doubt in my mind that this is Maura and co. testing the waters for a full-blown AW confiscation. Remember, she said she "would not prosecute at this time." I'm thinking the other shoe might drop right before she announces her candidacy for governor--what a way to pad the resume for her moonbat supporters--she took those evil icky assault weapons off the streets of Massachusetts!

They're probably sending this letter for at least two reasons: PR, and to lessen the strength of a "takings" argument.

As for PR: they're going to send it and issue some release or do a news segment to refresh the issue in the minds of the mostly like-minded voters that they've done something to get these deadly weapons of war off the street. (sarcasm, to be clear)

As for takings: The law is what the law is -- if you have a bump stock in your possession in MA 90 days after February 1 you're going to be in really big trouble. There would seem to be more than one way to avoid that problem (moving it out of state would be one way -- but you didn't expect them to suggest that, did you?). And because you don't need to turn it in to the cops and have a "grace period" to get rid of it -- what's more, they were even so kind to send a letter and tell us in advance! -- it's very, very unlikely that a MA court would consider it a "taking" in the constitutional sense.

Where do I sign up for the class action lawsuit against my own state legislators? This exposfacto slippery slope needs to be nipped in the bud

I believe all this shit happening in Mass the past 20+ years is way past the bud stage. You'll need a serious shooting war to level this slippery slope

yeah.. with my luck lately, they'd hunt me down..

Just wear a pair of nitrile or latex gloves when you do your art project. :emoji_sweat_smile::emoji_sunglasses::emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::emoji_smile_cat::emoji_wink::emoji_laughing::emoji_alien::emoji_eyes:

I expect once the letter actually reaches gun owners hands, Comm2A will file suit on Constitutional grounds. However, Comm2A is smart enough not to tip their hand until they file a suit.

Keep in mind, it's not GOAL's job to sue the gov't. Their job is to work with gov't to get better laws and stop bad bills from becoming law.

Watch, wait and see.

Gun owners will just ignore and go about their business.... not like Healey stopped private sales of ARs...

I generally agree - after 7/20 a lot of MA gun owners pretty much lost their shit and stopped caring.

That said, it is worth noting that Healyban really isn't actual law- and flagrantly violating something that isn't based on a real law is a lot less risky than something that's "struck out in bold" in MGL.

-Mike

I'm just not a test case, too much baggage. Id also have to expose myself in the video that got me "busted"....just so i could spout off about "assault penises" which most cetain would bring up issues of suitability..

I can't wait for "hot brass" to open.. if the news comes in ill be spraying my hot foam all over a Healey target... im dieing to get on the news while going full retard..I'm just not trying hard enough i guess.

Do you have a cite for this? All I have seen is GOAL's repeating the state's letter asserting they're illegal for anyone to possess, and of course the state would never overstate their case.

Here it is, folks. As of yet not updated on the Ch140 S.121, but as currently published:

Session Law
SECTION 18. Section 121 of chapter 140 of the General Laws, as so appearing, is hereby amended by inserting after the definition of “Assault weapon” the following definition:-

“Bump stock”, any device for a weapon that increases the rate of fire achievable with such weapon by using energy from the recoil of the weapon to generate a reciprocating action that facilitates repeated activation of the trigger.

SECTION 19. Said section 121 of said chapter 140, as so appearing, is hereby further amended by inserting after the definition of “Shotgun” the following definition:-

“Trigger crank”, any device to be attached to a weapon that repeatedly activates the trigger of the weapon through the use of a lever or other part that is turned in a circular motion; provided, however, that “trigger crank” shall not include any weapon initially designed and manufactured to fire through the use of a crank or lever.

SECTION 20. Said section 121 of said chapter 140, as so appearing, is hereby further amended by inserting after the word “gun”, in line 100, the following words:- ; provided, however, that “machine gun” shall include bump stocks and trigger cranks.

SECTION 21. Paragraph (o) of section 131 of said chapter 140, as so appearing, is hereby amended by adding the following sentence:- Clauses (i) and (ii) of this paragraph shall not apply to bump stocks and trigger cranks.[/quote

That's the equivalent to a literacy test to vote..."hey darky, you cant read.....then pick that cotton"
With my limited education that still reads as i can keep my platic stock, my machineguns and my grenade launchers...

LOL, all these college educated politicians can understand what "ROF" means...

Im the dummy.

“any device for a weapon that increases the rate of fire achievable with such weapon by using energy from the recoil of such weapon to generate a reciprocating action that facilitates repeated activation of the trigger.”

Doesn't this fit a Browning A5 shotgun?

Real power comes through organization. AARP has conducted a text book study on how its done. Sadly, gun owners have never really grasped this concept. I suppose there are dozens of reasons why. There is likely ~600,000 to 700,000 gun owners in MA. Don't let the number of licenses tell the story. G.O.A.L. has done so much for 2A supporters in MA that some feel its all that needs to be done. G. O. A. L. membership stands at ~20,000, of which I am one. But the reality is it's only somewhere between 2 to 3 % of the gun owners in MA are helping G. O. A. L. and its just a shame. I have no explanation as to why this is the case, there are many here sharper than me that could explain better. But when Politicians see that gun owners aren't all that well organized as a whole they won't fear them as a political power. And until gun owners take a stand and unite as one there never will be a reason to fear their political power, at least not in MA.

AARP has conducted a text book study on how its done. Sadly, gun owners have never really grasped this concept. I suppose there are dozens of reasons why.

It's a tough comparison to make. Everyone gets old and not everyone evolves to be a gun owner. And even within gun owners there are various fudd factions within it. And I've been getting monthly mailings to join AARP for years and I'm not even 40. Their daily advertising and mailings budget probably exceeds all independent State 2A annual budgets.

Another great idea coming from the brain trust.

Think of the money the state can save if they send a similar letter to known criminals, dirtbags, violent offenders and drug dealers (undocumented pharmacists).

" Dear known criminal, dirtbag, violent offender and /or undocumented pharmacist. You have until xx/xx/xx/ to confess your crimes, turn in your drugs, needles, counterfeit goods and stolen merchandise, or else"

Of course the "or else" constitutes a weak slap on the wrist and a get out of jail free card just like the last one they received.

Back
Top Bottom