• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Flint Armament

Stopped by today with a buddy during lunch. Very impressed. The store was very busy, but the woman behind the counter took time to chat with me and my buddy. The prices seemed to be very competitive to me - Glocks were priced as good as Four Seasons.

Will return to use the simulator.

Is the simulator operational yet? It wasn't the last time I was there. It sounded interesting and worth checking out.

I stopped by on Friday to see if they had a Bodyguard. They didnt, but they were more than helpful in trying to offer me getting put on a list. They had a pretty decent selection of all kinds of pistols rifles and shotguns. The store is really neat and tidy, well laid out, and roomy.

Stopped in today to check them out--very impressed with the store and the stock. Had a pleasant chat with the woman behind the counter who knows what the numbers 19.11 (my purchase total) meant. Looked to me like the store was a major improvement on that district of Fall River; may be there should be more of them......

360 Rhode Island Avenue Fall River, MA 02721
(508) 567-1442

Is the new address for Flint. Today was my first time in the new spot. It was well lit and clean just like their old location but more parking and space now. I have to say the few times I have gone to them they always have a decent selection. My goal today was to find primers which they had in stock at a reasonable price. They also had .223 ammo in stock. Not sure exactly what though since I reload I didn't bother checking.

Went here for the first time today. I was very surprised by the size of the store. it was nice to have some room to browse. I wasn't in the market for a gun though I did browse. Prices on glocks seemed reasonable. Good selection of accessories and 511 gear. This might sound dumb, but I also liked the staff wore polo shirts with the store name on them. Made it easy to tell who worked there and they looked professional.

I was hoping to grab some AR mags or 223 ammo, but they neither. I did grab a 10 round glock 19 mag for $25.

The next time I'm in the market for a fire arm I think this will be the first place I visit.

I visted there 2nd location... Not much there since they just opened up that 1...still better off goin to FR location until they establish that location in Freetown which im closer too...

Stopped in on Monday for the first time and have to say it is one of the nicest shops I've been in. Excellent layout and pleasant and professional staff. Extensive selection of 5.11 gear, holsters and other gun accessories.

Freetown is definitely worth the visit, their stock is increasing. Decent selection of ammo, shotguns, and a few dozen handguns. Plus all the accessories.

Had a great experience today at Flint. Did a transfer of an out of state handgun from one of my wife's best friends. She is a EPO from RI and the guys behind the counter really treated us great. They were impressed with a woman who knew her guns and let her know they appreciated it. 20 minutes and just $25 later, the transfer was done. A lot of customers and all were waited on pretty quickly from what I could see. Two extra guys came from out back when more customers came in. Clean, well lit with a good assortment of firearms and accessories. Pricing was a little high on some stuff and right around normal on others.

Last edited:
Had a great experience with them at their Fall River location. Went in to do transfer and the staff was very helpfully and friendly. The fastest transfer I've had done. Literally would have been out the door in just over 10 minutes. They had a good amount of stock, lots of 5.11 stuff, winchester safes. Lots of long guns and a decent amount of handguns and ammo. Not much left in reloading supplies but said they had a couple $100K on order. Prices were on par and are not over priced but also not the cheapest. The shop was very clean and nice, lots of shops seem like holes in the wall, this one was very professional in appearance and the staff reinforced that. Worth the hour plus drive for me.

I Purchased a M&P 9mm from them and i got the gun and made new friends , not the typical gun store , they are very friendly , knoledgeble and make you feel important ......! A+++++ to Flint

While everyone seems to have been very fond of Flint in the past (and I had been to) I will no longer be making any purchases from them.

My grandfather went to them in late January looking for an M&P 9. He paid them in full for it and was told it would be in within a week.

Well, after a month of not having it we talked to an employee there that we knew personally and he told us that it was a problem on S&W's end. I found that odd because I looking online I found no complaints about S&W being backlogged and not able to fill orders.

Fast forward to the beginning of May, we asked the same employee again and were told that the problem was "the trigger needs to be 'retooled' for Massachusetts and there is a shortage on the screws needed to do that."

Now that....really didn't make any sense to me.

Finally, I told my grandfather he was being too patient and he needed to return to Flint and get his money back.

We went a few days ago. An employee there looked up the sale then told us to wait a minute while he went in the back to talk to the owner. He came back out a few minutes later and told us there had been an oversight issue and the order had never even been placed. He assured my grandfather though that it would be in within 2 or 3 days. Against my advice, my grandfather decided to give them another chance.
The entire time there I found the employees to be rude and abrasive.

On top of that, the owner never came out of his office to make a personal apology, even though he had a customer there who had paid almost 500 dollars for a gun FOUR months ago and not received his purchase.

I have no plans to give them any business in the future. Though from the rumors I've heard, they won't be in business much longer.

Just an update, since I stated how my grandfather decided to give them another 2-3 days since they assured him the gun would be in....

It wasn't.

We gave them 4 business days.

On the fourth day we went in, no gun, no expected shipment.

On top of that, the employee told us that only the manager was able to give us a refund and he wouldn't be in for another FORTY minutes.

He showed up after fifty, 10 minutes late.

He came into the store, the employee said we were waiting for him, and he only gave a nod, ignoring us completely as he walked into the back room.

The employee followed, and they apparently spoke in private.

The manager finally came out after another 10 minutes, and again DID NOT ACKNOWLEDGE US AT ALL.

He proceeded to write us a check, and then hold it out in his hand. He didn't say a word or offer an apology.

My grandfather paid for this gun in cash. What kind of store gives you a check as a refund?

We can only hope it actually clears....

My grandfather paid for this gun in cash. What kind of store gives you a check as a refund?

We can only hope it actually clears....

Just about all of them. For future reference, you should go directly to the bank where the account is and make sure that the check is good. If they will, cash it right there and then. It's the only way to do business with a shady outfit and based on your account of the failed purchase, that's what they are.

Agree that the employees are abrasive, and do not acknowledge their (potential) customers when they should.
I have been there on 3 occasions, and only spent money there because I had received a gift certificate.
Same rude customer service each time.
I remember the first time I was there a guy asked to see one of the Gen 4 Glocks in the case, and the employee said "That's for Law Enforcement only buddy" in the most condescending tone I've ever heard.
Unbelievable.

We did have to return to Flint today after remembering we still had a gift certificate for the store. We went to the Freetown store and I have to say the employee there was very polite and very helpful. It was enjoyable doing business with him. And I should add that I know there are some other very good people who work there, despite the fact there also seems to be many bad ones.

I thought it was important to add this in an effort to be completely fair and honest in my review.

In the end, the thing that annoys me the most about the recent negative experiences, is Flint was a really great store a couple years ago, and I think it's unfortunate how they seem to operate now.

Does anyone know if Flint is selling pepper spray with out the licenses yet? i would like to send a few people from that area to the shop but dont know if they got the memo yet?

The only part of the now law that I found that referred to OC, was Section 20. That struck chemical sprays from the definition of ammunition and per Section 117 of the now law, Section 20 takes effect on January 1, 2015. Which is what I based my statement on. Is there a different, more specific Section of the now law that I missed?

Not the OC section, it took effect immediately for >18 yo.

Heard that they are moving some time in the coming week to the north end of the city. Believe its in the site of the former bar in the small strip near the shaws plaza and the rotary just off the airport rd exit.

Any idea what's driving the moves? Seems they have a hard time staying in one place...

Any idea what's driving the moves? Seems they have a hard time staying in one place...

No clue, I stopped in because I had a few mins to kill in the area. The shop was all over the place, the counters basically gone and a few racks of long guns in the middle of the floor. They were still open and the clerk still asked if he could help. I asked if they were remodeling or something and was told they were moving "soon". I was told they should be all moved by the middle of next week or so. Didn't really ask for the reason, but if they take over the whole location where the bar was it might be a bigger location.

Back
Top Bottom