• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Flashlight recommendations

liotec. If you were a paid (green) member you could get a discount.

Nice lights. I use the hunter. (http://liotec.com/store/Urnabeam.htm)

I'm getting a Surefire G2 for Christmas [smile]. Rileys has them for $33 (the non LED version). You can pick up an LED drop in for under $10 here. I have used CREE leds in the past and they make quality stuff. I'm gonna be picking one up to replace the xenon bulb.

Surefire G2Z either the LED or Incandescent

I would also suggest a more game oriented holster for this light as well, comp-tac makes one. Yes you could use a pocket or something but for short $ this a very nice option

I have also scene the Liberator used. The design looks really interesting.

Last edited:
Now if we're not talking about a rail one here....I have the SureFire 6P. It was about $40 and then another $15 for the LED. There were several others I looked at, but they were WAAAY more money. This fit the bill for something reasonable. With the LED this thing is bright as hell!

Hi don't mean to hijack...besides the obvious use of shining a beam of light, what is the benefit/uses of these tactically? I see that many members carry them with their concealed weapons.

Thanks

Hi don't mean to hijack...besides the obvious use of shining a beam of light, what is the benefit/uses of these tactically? I see that many members carry them with their concealed weapons.

Thanks

Seeing in the dark. [grin]

That's the only benefit for me, if I want them blind, I'll shoot their eyes out. [wink]

I'm getting a Surefire G2 for Christmas [smile]. Rileys has them for $33 (the non LED version). You can pick up an LED drop in for under $10 here. I have used CREE leds in the past and they make quality stuff. I'm gonna be picking one up to replace the xenon bulb.

FYI, I got the G2 from the NRA website. It is the LED version and it comes with an NRA logo rollmark on the bezel. It was pretty cool. You might want to check it out. Also, my buddy got a free G2 which was the non-LED version and it came with a plastic bezel. You might want to just go for the LED version which comes with the Aluminum bezel for heat issues. Or at least, you might want to research if the plastic bezel can withstand the heat. Those surefires can get hot.

But, the upside to going with the incandescent is that you can get it cheaper and then pick which LED that you want to throw in. So it might give you more options.

Hope this helped.

Last edited:

Thanks

Old Glory,
Flashlights are very important for a number of reasons. The most obvious reason, they give you the ability to see at night[smile]. But, they are also very good in situation of self defense. Night is the most common time for an attack/robbery etc. to occur because in any ordinary situation it gives the attacker an advantage. 1)you may not see them coming 2)less likely to see their face, among other reasons. Having a flashlight gives you a distinct advantage. If you shine a bright light into an attackers face at night, (strobe is even more effective), it blinds that person for a few minutes and gives you the ability to either take off, or take control of the situation. You can move from a position of defense to a position of offense. In a situation where you need to protect yourself, giving yourself every opportunity to be at an advantage is something worth doing. Having a powerful flashlight is a very good advantage. Hope this helps[grin]

ive also noticed that flashlights make good impact weapons also.

Just another step in the continuum of force, plus you can see in the dark, even outside of tactical situations

I agree wholeheartedly with the benefit of a strobe feature for disorientation and the option of a flashlight as an impact weapon.

A 'crennalated' (scalloped) bezel is something I look for in a defense flashlight and an easy to operate strobe feature is a must.

I use the Brite Strike...model BD-198-HLS-2C...

http://brite-strike.com/

Back
Top Bottom