• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Recommendations for folding iron sights

shakti

NES Member
Hello

I’m looking for recommendations for foldable iron sights for an AR.

What should I be looking for in terms of features?
Any brand make/model recommendations?

Any specific model number/name?

Magpul MBUS ride as secondaries behind a dot on most of my pistols and carbines.
Stepping up to Magpul pros or Knights isn't a stretch.

+1 for Knight Armament microsights, 300m. Havent used the newer ones, but the micros are light and durable. Can be hard to find, check Gunbroker.

1698549265358.png 1698549363425.png

+1 for Magpul MBUS Pros.

KAC are fine, but you only put that sh*t on your rifle to tell people you’re running KAC so you can go full drip…

Edit: the Magpul MBUS 3s look interesting, but I haven’t tried them yet myself… as Magpul puts it, MBUS value meets MBUS Pro features.

The MBUS Pro are def a great choice. Maybe even better, the fold down aperture is awesome.

I’d look for something slim and well made. Most features aren’t necessary for backup irons.

I’ve never used these, but I’ve used Scalar Works fixed iron sights and other mounts. Their quality is phenomenal. If not these, I’d go knights, or just not use BUIS.

I use UTG MNT-955 rears and MNT-755 fronts. They are not pricey and work. One just has to remember, they are "Back Up" not primary sights.

They’re just iron sights… as long as they don’t break they’re good. There’s also only so much people can add for features. Pick your preference for height/color/shape/material/deployment/angle/toolless adjustment/tritium/etc.

Foldable irons are a backup. Magpul's are great, really solid snap and lock into place. They are what I run these days. If they have to be metal, I like GG&G, YHM, A.R.M.S. is local to MA, and MI would get my votes.

On our issue M4's we had these pop up rear's by magtech that are awful. Won't stay locked down. Just total crap like all military issue "someone had a good idea"

Attachments

• 1698673681246.png
    1698673681246.png
    152.1 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom