First trip to range with family

So yesterday I got two of the clan out to the range for the first time: my wife and younger stepdaughter. It was the first time shooting for my stepdaughter, and the first time with a handgun for my wife (besides our NRA class).

They both did really well and a had a great time. My step daughter loved it! She blew through 100 rounds of .22 in the Ruger in no time, and every empty mag was met with great disappointment and a big "awww [frown]".

Obligatory pics:

Wife shooting my Beretta 92fs:

faith92fs.jpg

Stepdaughter with the Ruger:

MikRuger.jpg

(gotta work on her stance, but damn she was pretty accurate right off the bat!)

We still have 2 other kids who haven't been to the range yet. I think we're going to go through alot of ammo this summer!

way to go!

i wish i could shoot my beretta but i'm not dipping into my ammo stash. [sad]

when the 9mm pops back up the beretta will pop up at the range.

I'm jealous. Despite many years of prodding (and sometimes pleading) I can't get the wife or my 15 year old daughter to go. I KNOW they'll have a good time, but they just won't budge.

i wish i could shoot my beretta but i'm not dipping into my ammo stash. [sad]

when the 9mm pops back up the beretta will pop up at the range.

Yeah I hear that. It doesn't help any that I scored two 15-round prebans in Kittery this weekend; just means she blew through 50% more ammo in the same amount of time! [laugh]

Yeah I hear that. It doesn't help any that I scored two 15-round prebans in Kittery this weekend; just means she blew through 50% more ammo in the same amount of time! [laugh]

lunenburg walmart was supposed to get some 9mm and .40 saturday morning but the clerk didn't know how much or exactly when. they probably got a while box of WWB or something. i've never seen 9mm there. i bought a .45 value pack once.

i hear 'ya on the 15 round mags, too. i have four or five now and the 10 rounders just stay in the safe.

Some day

Some day I will be there with the fam. I have two daughters one is 4 the other is 2, and we have # 3 (the boy) due next week. I told my wife that after the baby she's got to take the nra course. She rolled her eyes, but I know she will do it and I think it will be great to get the fam there in a few years.[smile]

I keep saying the same about my wife! Glad you got them to the range. My wife has been shooting once, but at 2 y/o and 9 months, my daughters are too young still.

Back
Top Bottom