First Post

Hey Everyone:
My name is Al and I recently applied for my class A LTC, first time applicant. I am also taking the hunting education class so Ill have my hunting license for turkey season. Might have to use a bow, hopefully my Police Chief doesn't deny my application...
I have a few questions though, about shot gun configuration. I have a family friend holding a Remington 870 that I am going to buy once my license comes through. It is basically stock minus a deer and a turkey barrel. But I wanted to get a collapsible stock with a pistol grip and maybe a pistol grip for the pump. I know the gun has to have an 18" barrel, and an overall length of 26" which it will with just a pistol grip stock. I have seen conflicting things reguarding AR- style rifles, saying it can have either a collapsible stock OR a pistol grip, does this apply to shotguns as well?

Thanks guys.

Welcome to the forum Al!

The Assault Weapons Ban does apply to shotguns, but it only applies to semi-automatic guns. So a pump-action shotgun can have a collapsible stock and a pistol grip, no problems.

Welcome to the forum Al!

The Assault Weapons Ban does apply to shotguns, but it only applies to semi-automatic guns. So a pump-action shotgun can have a collapsible stock and a pistol grip, no problems.

Well, it would apply to a semi-auto shotgun of sufficient capacity, right? But that's not the case with an 870, as pump actions are exempted.

Back
Top Bottom