First day of all day carry yesterday....

Ditto on letting things slide while carrying and ditto again on you being more concerned about printing than the average person observing. Even if you accidentally print, people think its a phone.

Funny how you can go almost your whole adult life without carrying a gun,then the day you carry one all the sudden an "incident" occurs.

Unfortunately,to some people,having a gun adds an extra level of bravado that never existed and putting yourself into situations that one would normally avoid.

Reminds me of that one thread on here a while ago where some tool spots a gang of ruffians outside a 7-11 and decides to go inside,instead of driving to the next one.

This is not directed at the OP,just made me think a bit.

Last edited:
Well, it's related because... As I realized you have to act a little differently when you carry... I'm not really one for putting my head down and walking away from confrontations... which is what I basically had to do.. The whole story is pretty stupid, and actually these punks were lucky I was carrying, otherwise I would have dragged each one out of their car and beat them to a pulp... Who would have known, guns have made me calmer...lol

An armed society is a polite society..... 'nuff said

I carry a small hand phaser with the power set to maximum. It prints like a cell phone in your pocket so it is very comfortable in those snug seats when taking the Maserati out for a spin. And it only leaves behind a tiny bit of ash residue whenever it is used.

Well, it's related because... As I realized you have to act a little differently when you carry... I'm not really one for putting my head down and walking away from confrontations... which is what I basically had to do.. The whole story is pretty stupid, and actually these punks were lucky I was carrying, otherwise I would have dragged each one out of their car and beat them to a pulp... Who would have known, guns have made me calmer...lol
I'm in the same boat, I got my LTC-A in March of this year and it's been an amazing transformation. I wear my seat belt, I go 5 to 10 mph over the limit instead of 25 mph over, no more tailgating. I'm a lot calmer at work too. I've always had a machete that I kept between some phone books at my desk and would occasionally slap it broadside on my counter to get someone's attention or maybe chase them with it, just for emphasis. It's gone now. No more telling someone "I'll kill you" for fear it will be taken as an actual threat. I'm afraid to do anything that would jeopardize my right to carry here in Mass. It's made me a much better, well better behaved person. _______NRA GOAL MRA ____''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' John Wayne

I've always had a machete that I kept between some phone books at my desk and would occasionally slap it broadside on my counter to get someone's attention or maybe chase them with it, just for emphasis.

Refraining from chasing people with a machete is probably a good idea!

Loose clothing one size up (even t-shirts) will conceal that bad boy no problem with the right holster. Even in the summertime. I find dark-colored shirts with no graphics on the back conceal potential printing issues best.

Maserati? Wow, the recession hit you bad! When I'm cruisin in my Bentley, it's plenty roomy and my driver makes sure im not printing before I get out of the car...

Oh did I show you a picture of my wife.......... she's the one on the left.

Now that you're carrying do yourself a favor and steer clear of any trouble. Also, resist the urge to respond to those "teenage punks" or anyone else you think may be looking for a beef. And remember, you carry concealed for a reason. Don't go advertising to anyone that you are armed. Just be content in knowing that you are able to defend yourself from from a violent attack if you are unlucky enough to find yourself in that position. It would also be prudent for you to read up as much as you can on your local laws with regard to use of lethal force and attend a good defensive handgun course if you can. GOOD LUCK!!!!!

I've always had a machete that I kept between some phone books at my desk and would occasionally slap it broadside on my counter to get someone's attention or maybe chase them with it, just for emphasis. It's gone now. No more telling someone "I'll kill you" for fear it will be taken as an actual threat.

[rofl]

Who needs barbiturates when you can have guns.

I was wondering...does anyone carry on the opposite side of their favored hand? Like if your righthanded, carry at 2-3 oclock on your left side, so you would draw from across the waste?

I was wondering...does anyone carry on the opposite side of their favored hand? Like if your righthanded, carry at 2-3 oclock on your left side, so you would draw from across the waste?

Not my idea of safe. Heres' why. When you draw from a cross draw rig, your muzzle sweeps a lot of ''stuff'' before you are on target. More opportunity for problems.

I don't, but that's also known as 9 or 10 o'clock, I would think.

[rofl][laugh2]

cross draw doesnt seem as natual or fast to me. i like 3 oclock carry because its a natural draw

How about "Small Of Back" (S.O.B.). I find that most people I know who carry carry that way. Tried it (just tucked in Mexican style to test), and it seems OK until you sit in the car. Any sweatshirt, overshirt, coat, or whatever covers it fine.

MY question to everyone on this, if I may, is how do you handle pulling up your shirt to get change or wallet without "showing your hand"?

[rofl][laugh2]

How about "Small Of Back" (S.O.B.). I find that most people I know who carry carry that way. Tried it (just tucked in Mexican style to test), and it seems OK until you sit in the car. Any sweatshirt, overshirt, coat, or whatever covers it fine.

MY question to everyone on this, if I may, is how do you handle pulling up your shirt to get change or wallet without "showing your hand"?

i actually carried SOB for the first time the other day. i really like carrying without IWB and being 100% concealed. (i do need a leather belt, the instructor belt was folding, causing the butt of the pistol to move away from my back a bit, making me nervous) but like you said, when you sit in the car. i have 2 buldged discs in my back, and 10 min car ride has proved to be a few days of back pain [thinking]

i do like the way the SOB draws though

im not sure what you mean by showing your hand, and which type of carry you are talking about...but i just plan what i have in my pockets around how i carry. if im carrying SOB, i will put my wallet in my fron pocket as to not lift my shirt up too much. if im carrying IWB at 3oclock, i will be careful not to drag my arm across my body when i get my wallet, exposing my gun

Last edited:
Years ago I was driving down the street with the Bride and she was harping about me always looking like a slob. She demanded that I pull in to this fancy men's shop and buy all new stuff.

I'm at the back of the store behind all the round carousal racks trying on jackets when I heard some thing hit the floor. You know that strange feeling you get when you drop a gun and you say to yourself, OH SHIT. I was carrying a little Model 37 in a IWB holster and it just squirted out.

So I drop the jacket on the floor to cover up the gun and bend over to get it. No gun...

Now I'm on my hands and knees crawling around under the coat racks and finally found it. It was a good 10ft from where it started. So now I stand up and the salewoman is there and she says did you find your gun. We saw you drop it in the security camera. We see a lot of guys with guns on the cameras trying on stuff.

I learned a few new things that day.

Never carry a small gun in a holster with out a retention strap.

Never carry a gun in a deer skin holster it's too slippery.

There's camera's every where..

Not my idea of safe. Heres' why. When you draw from a cross draw rig, your muzzle sweeps a lot of ''stuff'' before you are on target. More opportunity for problems.

That's if you do not know the proper way to draw from the off side.

That's if you do not know the proper way to draw from the off side.

Carrying this way feels 100x more comfortabe (10 o'clock) to me. I would imagine drawing would be more across the stomach and chest and then outward, rather than grabbing it and going directly out with it (kind of like a tennis swing).

Last edited by a moderator:
how do you guys carry forward of 3:00 (or 9:00)? i tried it, and its so easy to conceal...but sitting down or bending over is near impossible. the gun sits too high and the belt/waist pivots right in the middle of it, digging into the stomach and leg

Any direction in the matter?

I have in my stack a magzine article by Massad Ayoob showing how to blade your off side towards the attacker as you draw. This does two things: it prevents sweeping people besides you and it gives the attacker less of your weapon to grab.

Honestly, I don't understand the rigid application of Jeff Cooper's four safety rules. Number one, you're in a fight. The time for square range bullshit goes out the window. Number two, if you follow the rule about keeping your finger off the trigger until you have decided to shoot, you can sweep your gun around and nobody gets hurt. Unless you believe that guns go off by themselves.

And when you try to explain this to the antis, they just look at you like you just started talking Sanskrit.
ohlord.gif

[rofl][laugh2]
I carry my wallet in my FRONT pocket - advice from my chiropractor. No problem.

the salewoman is there and she says did you find your gun. We saw you drop it in the security camera. We see a lot of guys with guns on the cameras trying on stuff.

I learned a few new things that day.

Never carry a small gun in a holster with out a retention strap.

Never carry a gun in a deer skin holster it's too slippery.

There's camera's every where..

Whoa... some important lessons there.
shocked.gif

how do you guys carry forward of 3:00 (or 9:00)? i tried it, and its so easy to conceal...but sitting down or bending over is near impossible. the gun sits too high and the belt/waist pivots right in the middle of it, digging into the stomach and leg

Appendix carry.... it's not bad if you have the right holster for your body type (ie: gut size!)

Here is some reading on it: http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=17903

I usually carry at the 4ish in a blackhawk serpa (best otw in my opinion) and the wallet is usually in my left back pocket (or the inside pocket of the jacket)

I have a habit of keeping my right hand free when i can.

If I wear an IWB holster (which I do about 95% of the time), it is very easy to slip my hand to my rear right pocket and pull the wallet out without raising the shirt tail any higher than the top of the pocket. The butt of the gun is quite a bit higher than that and is never seen.

If I wear an OWB holster, I switch my wallet to my left rear pocket or to a jacket pocket in front. In fact, if I am wearing a sport coat I will carry my wallet in one of the interior pockets. Less chance of somene picking it (not that it has ever happened to me, but.....).

Back
Top Bottom